Sox acquire Michael Taylor

flavum

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny, when I saw this on Twitter I went "Oh hell yes!", and then I realized he's 28 now and it's not 2010 when he was a top 20 prospect in baseball.

Man, he was great with Philly, and then really became mediocre when Oakland acquired him. I see he is being assigned to AAA, but he's got to be better than Sierra right? At least, offensively.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 01:34 PM)
He's been pretty solid in the minors sans this year. Never really showed anything in the majors. Maybe he's a Steverson guy.

Jake Sanchez, who the Sox gave up, was an interesting prospect.

That's a good point, I never thought about that. Steverson would know this kid by now.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 01:45 PM)
Now he's just making trades out of pure boredom, right?

It's interesting timing considering they just picked up Tuiasosopo, and still have Danks, Tekotte, and Mitchell on the Charlotte roster....and they want to give Semien some playing time in the OF.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 01:50 PM)
It's interesting timing considering they just picked up Tuiasosopo, and still have Danks, Tekotte, and Mitchell on the Charlotte roster....and they want to give Semien some playing time in the OF.

Mitchell has got to be released any day now. And maybe we will see Danks or Taylor called up if the Sox dump Sierra or trade De Aza.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 01:27 PM)
I've always liked Taylor. Hopefully he earns a shot with the Sox. Sanchez is a small price to pay.

I still am absolutely love everything Rick Hahn has done.

Your poor grammar aside, aren't you exaggerating just a bit?

You LOVE Paulina? Not like, not understand, but you LOVE the Paulina signing?

You LOVE Mitch Boggs? Not like, not understand, but you LOVE the Boggs signing?

You LOVE the Davidson trade?

You LOVE the Sierra signing?

You LOVE de Aza?

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 03:31 PM)

You LOVE de Aza?

De Aza was not Hahn, it was KW that brought him in.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 03:31 PM)

You LOVE de Aza?

De Aza had nothing to do with Hahn, and Sierra was a waiver claim injury replacement. And yes, still like the Davidson trade. It's 'Paulino'

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 05:01 PM)
De Aza had nothing to do with Hahn, and Sierra was a waiver claim injury replacement. And yes, still like the Davidson trade. It's 'Paulino'

Didn't he tender him a contract this past offseason. I am not saying it was wrong because I think De Aza is going to get hot and at come at least close to his norm before it is over, but his being on the roster is Hahn.

If you love everything Hahn has done great. But even Hahn hasn't loved everything Hahn has done.

Chances Michael Taylor ever helps the White Sox win games is close to zero. This was to help Charlotte win some games. Their record is brutal. Sometimes. You have to throw them a bone.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 05:05 PM)
Didn't he tender him a contract this past offseason. I am not saying it was wrong because I think De Aza is going to get hot and at come at least close to his norm before it is over, but his being on the roster is Hahn.

If you love everything Hahn has done great. But even Hahn hasn't loved everything Hahn has done.

No, you're right, they aren't all hits in retrospect. I'd definitely mulligan 10-20% of them.

But I don't think there's anything that he's done that I haven't liked at the time he did it. Each one is a gamble, so they won't ever all work out.

What's to lose?

Charlotte has a brand-new stadium and a terrible record, so any little bit of excitement helps. God knows, Erik Johnson hasn't been providing it.

If you want to pick on Hahn, it's easier to choose Keppinger and Downs, for example, although Scott had a great track record of consistent performance coming into 2014. Paulino didn't cost that much, and picking up Noesi more than erased that bad move.

DeAza is still better than anyone we have at the moment for that position, although they might as well give Taylor a shot at some point to see if he can catch fire. Better than the 8th rendition of Jordan Danks.