Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 30, 2015 -> 09:57 PM)
Winning the hitting battle never wins the cup. And either does Kesler

He really irritated Toews early in the series, but then Toews just shrugged him off and started doing his thing

Hey, I wanted to add to this thread. We should never take for granted a gorgeous Game Seven victory in the division finals ON THE ROAD in any sport. I mean the Hawks have spoiled us, but what an excellent performance.

Think about how bummed Anaheim must be. Hawks go in there and dominate the game early. Then after it's 4-2, Hawks immediately score again. I mean Anaheim fans had to be cocky entering Game 7 at their place.

Also kudos to all the Hawks fans in attendance. The Hawks have been a true dynasty in Chicago. Next to the Jordan-led Bulls, this is what you want as a fan. A long run of domination. Hawks have won two of the last five Stanley Cup titles. If they win another, that's three out of six in arguably the toughest sport to win a title.

Now my one question. To the hockey experts on here and I know there are more than a few. Take off your homer hats and tell me what you think of the final series. Who is going to win and why? Is there any chance the Hawks can split in Tampa then come home and win two and grab three wins out of the first four games?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 30, 2015 -> 09:57 PM)
Winning the hitting battle never wins the cup. And either does Kesler

That was a stupid comment from day one, but then again look at the source. Hawks get out hit every playoff series and look where that has gotten them.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 30, 2015 -> 10:05 PM)
That was an easy game 7. I think the east is weak so I believe we are playing at a higher level right now.

The East was weak, but Tampa is good. I'm more concerned about them than I ever was Anaheim.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 31, 2015 -> 04:01 AM)
Hey, I wanted to add to this thread. We should never take for granted a gorgeous Game Seven victory in the division finals ON THE ROAD in any sport. I mean the Hawks have spoiled us, but what an excellent performance.

Think about how bummed Anaheim must be. Hawks go in there and dominate the game early. Then after it's 4-2, Hawks immediately score again. I mean Anaheim fans had to be cocky entering Game 7 at their place.

Also kudos to all the Hawks fans in attendance. The Hawks have been a true dynasty in Chicago. Next to the Jordan-led Bulls, this is what you want as a fan. A long run of domination. Hawks have won two of the last five Stanley Cup titles. If they win another, that's three out of six in arguably the toughest sport to win a title.

Now my one question. To the hockey experts on here and I know there are more than a few. Take off your homer hats and tell me what you think of the final series. Who is going to win and why? Is there any chance the Hawks can split in Tampa then come home and win two and grab three wins out of the first four games?

it all depends on how healthy the team is.

reg season is less than playoff season is less than stanley cap games. it is an whole new animal and the every player is going to be hyped. this is the time to really hope that your goaltender is on his game. pray to the hockey gods that your dman's can continue to perform the way they have. lastly hope that your offensive guys shows up.

lastly hope lady luck is smiling on your team.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 31, 2015 -> 02:30 PM)
Was at a wedding. During the fathers speech downloaded nbc sports app and turned on game and a geico ad auto plays at full volume. Not a good look.

that is funny. at least people will know you are a die hard fan. :cheers

QUOTE (bmags @ May 31, 2015 -> 09:30 AM)
Was at a wedding. During the fathers speech downloaded nbc sports app and turned on game and a geico ad auto plays at full volume. Not a good look.

I was also at a wedding, we made the bartenders turn it on in the 3rd, the bride did not approve.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 31, 2015 -> 09:30 AM)

One of the guys in my season ticket group is getting married Saturday night, all the other guys are in the wedding too. Lucky for him it's not a home game, but it should be interesting.

The good thing is he leaves for his honeymoon Sunday, so one less person in on the Finals tickets

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 31, 2015 -> 03:33 PM)
I was also at a wedding, we made the bartenders turn it on in the 3rd, the bride did not approve.

Was literally no tv in whole place

QUOTE (bmags @ May 31, 2015 -> 10:17 PM)
Was literally no tv in whole place

Ya this wedding was at a country club so there were tv's everywhere. The bride told the bartenders they weren't allowed to turn them on but we overpowered that cause we're good friends.