White Sox v Giants

bjm676

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 08:08 PM)
That was a hanging offspeed pitch.

You sure? Looked like a fastball at the last second when I switched back to the broadcast. Looked right down the middle of the plate.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 08:09 PM)
Dick Allen

Post #46

Good for,Gordon. He had 2 homers taken away by the wind on Sunday.

I was at the game and I don't in the 3 chances he had with runners on he had homers taken away from him by the wind.. Abreu did though.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 08:09 PM)
No one could hit in the clutch on Sunday. It was one of those days.

Yeah, it was frustrating to watch along with Rienzo.. Hoping for a better game tomorrow (last game I can go to this year)

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 08:12 PM)
I was at the game and I don't in the 3 chances he had with runners on he had homers taken away from him by the wind.. Abreu did though.

Yeah, it was frustrating to watch along with Rienzo.. Hoping for a better game tomorrow (last game I can go to this year)

One to right center and another one to RF.

So who goes under the mendoza line first, Flowers or Viciedo? God what a disappointment Viciedo's career has been. He pretty much turned out to be the worst case scenario despite gaudy MILB numbers. Not enough power, not even average, zero patience, and not just a below average defender, a brutal defender.

4th OF to play against LHP, that's all he turned into.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 08:13 PM)
One to right center and another one to RF.

I believe the one to right center was a line drive and didn't look like it was high enough or even far enough to be gone without the wind.. Maybe a double in the gap which would have done just fine... And I remember the one hit to right field not being hit really hard. Not like I jumped out of my seat thinking it was going to be gone or not like I did with Abreu's.

I know the wind hurt some of the balls that were hit but I don't think Beckham would have hit a home run if there was no wind on Sunday

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 08:16 PM)
I believe the one to right center was a line drive and didn't look like it was high enough or even far enough to be gone without the wind.. Maybe a double in the gap which would have done just fine... And I remember the one hit to right field not being hit really hard. Not like I jumped out of my seat thinking it was going to be gone or not like I did with Abreu's.

I know the wind hurt some of the balls that were hit but I don't think Beckham would have hit a home run if there was no wind on Sunday

LOL.They both made the track right into the teeth of the wind. I wish I had taken a picture of the look on his face after the second one. He was in disbelief.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 09:16 PM)
So who goes under the mendoza line first, Flowers or Viciedo? God what a disappointment Viciedo's career has been. He pretty much turned out to be the worst case scenario despite gaudy MILB numbers. Not enough power, not even average, zero patience, and not just a below average defender, a brutal defender.

4th OF to play against LHP, that's all he turned into.

Not going to lie, I thought he actually figured something out for a couple months there