White Sox @ Royals 1:10 CT

BigHurt3515

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 06:36 AM)
This game is an automatic win. Volquez is a real b**** and we roughed him up back in his major league debut in 2005. I say we repeat history and we score 5 runs in 4 2/3 innings.

Meanwhile, Danks has NEVER lost to the Royals in career, going 7-0 with a 2.43 ERA. Not sure the reason (probably some pre-game Jack Stack's), but he's better when pitching at Kauffman stadium. I'll say he goes 6 strong innings giving just one run.

Offensively, Abreu hits another bomb, Alexei gets his first two hits, and Micah Johnson steals a couple of bases.

Volquez is a much different pitcher now than he was back then. He's a sinker-baller ground ball pitcher now. He pitches to contact instead of trying to miss bats like before. With how good the Royals infield defense is, I'm expecting him to have a nice year.

Edited by chw42

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 09:40 AM)
I just noticed Soxtalk has now passed WSI in total posts.

you can only delete so many threads and posts and members before they stop making them and registering

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 09:25 AM)
It's two games. Two losses amongst many is all they'll be by year's end. We showed signs of life and yesterday was one of those that just happened to tip the other way. Putnam is frightening..may be time to give Guerra a look later in games.

To me he hasnt really been all that good since he went on the DL last season. When he came off the DL he was hittable, that splitter just doesnt dance around as much.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 10:02 AM)
Volquez is a much different pitcher now than he was back then. He's a sinker-baller ground ball pitcher now. He pitches to contact instead of trying to miss bats like before. With how good the Royals infield defense is, I'm expecting him to have a nice year.

On paper, he's one of the most glaringly obvious negative regression candidates in all of baseball. I'm going to be very disappointed in the gods of baseball if he has a good year.

2015 team: gave up 10 and 7 runs in first two games, lost both.

2008 team: gave up 10 and 7 runs in first two games, lost both.

Not sayin', just sayin'.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 10:11 AM)
To me he hasnt really been all that good since he went on the DL last season. When he came off the DL he was hittable, that splitter just doesnt dance around as much.

And what scares me, I've said for a while, is there is a real lack of relief pitching depth in AAA. That Charlotte pen is a whole lot of question marks - there is talent, but all of either the "has never really put it together" or "rehabbing trying to get back to majors late in career" variety. There are some legitimate prospect arms in AA, but none are likely to be called up anytime soon.

Lineups:

SOX

8 Eaton

7 Cabrera

3 Abreu

D LaRoche

9 Garcia

6 Ramirez

5 Gillaspie

2 Soto

4 Johnson

1 Danks

KC

Annoying BABIP Magician #1

Annoying BABIP Magician #2

Annoying BABIP Magician #3

1 Volquez

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 10:16 AM)
On paper, he's one of the most glaringly obvious negative regression candidates in all of baseball. I'm going to be very disappointed in the gods of baseball if he has a good year.

Ground ball pitcher + move to bigger park + good IF defense = low BABIP = another fluke year.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 10:32 AM)
Ground ball pitcher + move to bigger park + good IF defense = low BABIP = another fluke year.

Yeah his thing is walks and homers, it certainly does seem like if he's going to repeat, KC would be a good place to do it.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 10:30 AM)
Lineups:

SOX

8 Eaton

7 Cabrera

3 Abreu

D LaRoche

9 Garcia

6 Ramirez

5 Gillaspie

2 Soto

4 Johnson

1 Danks

KC

1 Volquez

:lol:

QUOTE (shysocks @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 10:30 AM)
Lineups:

SOX

8 Eaton

7 Cabrera

3 Abreu

D LaRoche

9 Garcia

6 Ramirez

5 Gillaspie

2 Soto

4 Johnson

1 Danks

KC

1 Volquez

Well done...

QUOTE (th0mas35 @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 11:00 AM)
Wind looks like it's blowing out 15-20 mph. Anyone know which direction? Hope Danks can keep the ball down...

Volquez needs to keep it down too. He hangs that sinker, it'll be going a long way.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 05:01 PM)
Volquez needs to keep it down too. He hangs that sinker, it'll be going a long way.

Let's hope his pitches are up. ;)

He's always thrown a "heavy" ball...but if he gets in trouble with the count...maybe he'll throw some nice meatballs to Abreu/LaRoche.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 05:27 PM)
I'm surprised they went with volquez instead of Guthrie since he always seems to own the sox but I'll take volquez instead , not going to complain lol

no kidding. I'll take Volquez everyday over Guthrie. Twice on sundays(since it seems like we usually face Guthrie on Sunday day games...)