Bench clearing brawl

southsider2k5

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 12:58 AM)
As entertaining as the brawl was I'd rather the Sox beat the crap out of baseballs with their bats from now on .

good, then they all could go into the clubhouse and have an old fashion donning brook. the best team walks out. i like it.

If it's true Sale and Shark went to the Royals clubhouse, they should be suspended for a long time or at least fined $200,000. So what if they got in the clubhouse? Would they have attacked Ventura? Hit him with a chair? I mean that's potentially serious stuff. You can't go hunting down other players at least that's how I see it.

Edited by greg775

Whoa whoa whoa! It's not a big deal going to the clubhouse. I think a top 5 pitcher in the league has the right to go to the other clubhouse and tell the young punk that he's disrespecting the game. Happens in all lines of work- old guys police the young guys. I understand it's the job of his teammates, but still, I don't see anything wrong with Sale's actions if that's along the lines of what he did. Now if he went in there and took a piss in his mitt...i dunno that's still alright I guess ;)

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 11:18 PM)
Whoa whoa whoa! It's not a big deal going to the clubhouse. I think a top 5 pitcher in the league has the right to go to the other clubhouse and tell the young punk that he's disrespecting the game. Happens in all lines of work- old guys police the young guys. I understand it's the job of his teammates, but still, I don't see anything wrong with Sale's actions if that's along the lines of what he did. Now if he went in there and took a piss in his mitt...i dunno that's still alright I guess ;)

It is a big deal. It's not Chris Sale's job to police the game. As a matter of fact, Chris had been ejected by the men who police the game. I'm very disappointed in both Sale and Samardzija for being so selfish. You'd hope these two guys would make better decisions, but now they've likely put the White Sox in a much more difficult position with suspensions looming for both of them. Both of them need to grow up.

QUOTE (BaseballNick @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 08:18 AM)
It is a big deal. It's not Chris Sale's job to police the game. As a matter of fact, Chris had been ejected by the men who police the game. I'm very disappointed in both Sale and Samardzija for being so selfish. You'd hope these two guys would make better decisions, but now they've likely put the White Sox in a much more difficult position with suspensions looming for both of them. Both of them need to grow up.

in the big picture of what is right and what is wrong, i can see what you are saying.

with the little things of establishing a leader, plus the emotions of what happen, what was said, you as a person have to draw the line. there is a cause and effect here at play here, i am just happy they didn't get in KC clubhouse.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 05:18 AM)

how bout something taking a crap in your shoes...... wasn't it a cat???

http://mlb.com/r/article?ymd=20150424&...ws&c_id=cws

Well, so much for the Sale story being contained...guess Merkin pushed to get the Sox side of things out there proactively.

"We need to pitch every game we can," Samardzija said. "We need to act a little more mature and understand that things happen within games and we need to control ourselves better. And we'll go about it that way and we'll learn from it. But we understand as two starters on this team that we're very important to this team and we need to play, and you definitely can't do your team any help when you're watching from afar.

"Nobody wants to act that way. In a way, it's embarrassing, and you want to come back and show [that] you want to be known for what you do on the field and the way you play the game. Obviously, look back on it and you're not happy about it, you're not proud about it, but I wear my emotions on my sleeve and I care for my teammates and I want to win every game."

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 01:01 PM)
More details emerging on Sale's attempt to go after Ventura.

maybe he was going after to make ask him if he want to go for some drinks, go the movies or eat or something. something purely innocent.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 04:33 PM)
When's the last time someone got suspended while appealing another suspension? Herrera should be proud of that.

Great point.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 04:57 PM)
Just imagine if AJ was still wearing a Sox uni. He would have been at the center of it all somehow, like always. :lol:

That would be wild if AJP was here.