abreu

harkness99

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Jul 17, 2015 -> 04:16 PM)
He has nobody around him

While that is true... I watch every game and this game alone he had a TON of good pitches to drive.

He isn't scaring any pitchers right now they just come right at him... he is a horrible mistake hitter.

The only pitch ive seen him dangerous on this year is a fast ball up outside corner that he can drive into right field.

I guess it shows his potential that he can be missing so many pitches and hitting .292

Edited by harkness

QUOTE (harkness @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 11:47 PM)
Abreu is scaring me... I'm not sure who the real guy is.

He has sucked hardcore as of late.

The real worry now is that the real guy appears to be a decently productive player who is extremely prone to nagging injuries, enough to regularly impact his production.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 11:18 PM)
His thumb is messed up. And everyone around him blows. He should probably go on the DL.

He came up in the 7th and 9th as the tying run with runners on 2nd and 3rd and failed both times. Not even a sac fly in the 7th. 2 groundouts.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 12:43 PM)
He came up in the 7th and 9th as the tying run with runners on 2nd and 3rd and failed both times. Not even a sac fly in the 7th. 2 groundouts.

i really think he is still hurting.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 08:20 AM)
i really think he is still hurting.

Maybe I'm in the dark but haven't seen anything about him being hurt. I just want him to start hitting the ball hard again. If it takes a DL stint, so be it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 01:44 PM)
Maybe I'm in the dark but haven't seen anything about him being hurt. I just want him to start hitting the ball hard again. If it takes a DL stint, so be it.

i am with you, but Jose is from the old school, bare it and continue to play.

then again, that is my opinion.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 02:44 PM)

He is hurt and couple that with the Sox inability to produce and a player like Jose puts pressure on himself to do more than he can do. He is swinging at pitches out of the zone a lot. But, that hand injury has kind of made him a singles hitter right now

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 09:44 AM)

Over the weekend he looked just physically terrible and that was after a full 5 day break. He looks half dead.

Maybe he'll snap out of it while playing...I dunno.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 11:42 AM)
There's no argument about whether or not he's injured. He is. RV confirmed this before the ASB. The argument should be whether or not he should go to the DL.

Hurt 2 years in a row not good.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 04:04 PM)
He is hurt and couple that with the Sox inability to produce and a player like Jose puts pressure on himself to do more than he can do. He is swinging at pitches out of the zone a lot. But, that hand injury has kind of made him a singles hitter right now

and people need to remember if he is swinging with relatively 1 hand, he is still making contact and making singles.

this reminds me of the movie 6, mickey mantle only had 1 arm and he did great, even hitting a homer.

bottom line, you need 2 hands to swing hard..... now if jose is only using 1 hand.... shelve him.