7/29 White Sox vs Red Sox 6:10 CT

GGajewski18

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 04:04 AM)
Who will probably be gone once Nate Jones is back any day now.

Nate and his funky delivery accounts for a lot of walks, as well. At least Webb battled back. Was he ever a starter in his career? He was lights out there after he got warmed up, after walking two guys. Shouldn't Webb be a starter in the minors with his ultimate goal starting in the bigs?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 10:06 PM)
Nate and his funky delivery accounts for a lot of walks, as well. At least Webb battled back. Was he ever a starter in his career? He was lights out there after he got warmed up, after walking two guys. Shouldn't Webb be a starter in the minors with his ultimate goal starting in the bigs?

I believe his delivery and stuff is too effort-y to be a starter.

Good to get even with Boston in Fenway. I seem to recall us getting swept there in a 4 game series a year or two ago or maybe in the Ozzie era, I forget. This winning is amazing. After all the s*** KW and Hahn have taken from fans like me, the Trib should do a story quoting Robin and front office types about how in the hell they've become (almost) a .500 team and why they actually believed the team would turn it around and play this kind of baseball.

Do you guys agree with me that the biggest game of the year will be the game AFTER we finally lose? To put to rest any thoughts of an immediate 5 to 7 game losing streak?

Or should I forget that thought and throw it out with some of the other incorrect thoughts I've had this bizarre season?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 10:06 PM)

No.

Don't think anybody could have predicted or expected this. These guys were DOA a month ago. Just shows you how far down they were that they could win seven straight and still be under .500. If they can keep this going this weekend against the Yankees, I'll be convinced.

It does put Kenny (since he's still the one basically calling the shots) in a tough spot as far as selling or buying.

Mark

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 04:46 AM)
Don't think anybody could have predicted or expected this.

Mark

I know the season is a marathon, but I'd never have expected it. One under .500 with a healthy eight weeks to go with four of the hottest starters in baseball: Sale, Shark, Q and Rodon.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 03:10 AM)
Do you guys agree with me that the biggest game of the year will be the game AFTER we finally lose? To put to rest any thoughts of an immediate 5 to 7 game losing streak?

Or should I forget that thought and throw it out with some of the other incorrect thoughts I've had this bizarre season?

interesting..... i would never have thought of something like that. but yeah.