8/4 - Rays at White Sox

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 08:01 PM)
League wide, over the last 6 years, maybe there's a trend downwards of about 0.05 runs on ERA in the 2nd half but it's darn close to first half = second half.

Aren't there typically more runs scored per game at uSCF from mid July to the end of September...better weather, and then you have September call-ups diluting rosters with 25-33% of the teams auditioning pitchers for the following season?

They gave Sale a week off during he All-Star break and he didn't even pitch in that game. Since he came back after the ASB he hasn't performed like a #1 starter. He is screwing up any chance for Cy Young consideration. The whole pitching staff has sucked pretty much. I think it's time for a new coaching staff actually

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 09:04 PM)
Sad part is thought of bears having stable coaching staff every year and yet they keep playing the same.

Well Fox is actually one of the few(by few I mean less than 3) experienced coaches that they've hired. Been 3 SBs(one with the Giants as a DC). He knows what he's doing.

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 09:22 PM)
I'm just wondering what excuses Rick Hahn is going to give when the seasons over hoping to keep season ticket holders from bailing.

First you have to wake him up.

I was checking the Chisox website and they have a story there about the Sox striving for consistency. What kind of consistency? losing by blowouts maybe? Then there is one on Garcia tring to find his power stroke as he continues to make outs by chasing balls outside and out of the zone.

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 09:22 PM)
I'm just wondering what excuses Rick Hahn is going to give when the seasons over hoping to keep season ticket holders from bailing.

If RV, KW and Hahn all come back they will bail in droves,

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 10:13 PM)
Aren't there typically more runs scored per game at uSCF from mid July to the end of September...better weather, and then you have September call-ups diluting rosters with 25-33% of the teams auditioning pitchers for the following season?

If it were the september callups you'd expect the whole league to show that effect and that def. isn't true.

Maybe the Cell does get warmer those months, but again, why would it be focused on us rather than a league wide thing?

I seriously think it's a strong indication we just wear these guys down.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 09:26 PM)
If RV, KW and Hahn all come back they will bail in droves,

I'm a Hahn guy. Unless he's in lock-step with Kenny, I think he should return and run the team in his overall view.

Kenny, Bell, and the entire coaching staff must go if they want to get better, ever again.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 09:27 PM)
If it were the september callups you'd expect the whole league to show that effect and that def. isn't true.

Maybe the Cell does get warmer those months, but again, why would it be focused on us rather than a league wide thing?

I seriously think it's a strong indication we just wear these guys down.

Under Ventura 2nd half record is just awful.

QUOTE (joegraz @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 10:28 PM)
That's the problem....we won't. I personally have not spent a nickle on them Until the attendance is Holy Crap low, this continues.

They will. They had a solid surge in ST sales this offseason, we saw that in the April attendance "low" figures where it's almost only season tickets sold. There was a boost of a couple thousand this year based on the offseason moves.

I just dont know what Hahn has done here to make anybody have confidence in him. The "right" moves he's made certainly are not really working moves. Adam Eaton right now is looking like his best acquisition. Heck we may not have gotten Jose Abreu if Kenny wasnt here. That's disturbing.