2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 12:22 PM)
All of this talk on the Kane case has me thinking-

Why have we not heard anything about the Rose accusation? I know it totally seems like a money-grab, but nobody has talked about it in a while.

Well, it's being pursued as a civil case exclusively from what I remember, so there is no ongoing police investigation. There are probably settlement talks, which are unlikely to leak.

This is one of those things where, with the time passed and lack of evidence, it's hard to think much of it. If multiple incidents come out after this? Different story.

But, hard to make much of what we know, and I doubt we learn much more (I would imagine this gets settled to just go away).

Apparently Bulls fans are getting sick of not advancing in the playoffs, and seem to think the Mayor isn't going to change things. I have been contacted each of the last 3 days trying to interest me in season tickets.

Kind of shocking to me. They had really great attendance when they were the most awful team in NBA history. I guess the sticker price is getting a bit ridiculous.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 03:07 PM)
Apparently Bulls fans are getting sick of not advancing in the playoffs, and seem to think the Mayor isn't going to change things. I have been contacted each of the last 3 days trying to interest me in season tickets.

Kind of shocking to me. They had really great attendance when they were the most awful team in NBA history. I guess the sticker price is getting a bit ridiculous.

I think Bulls see higher turnover in their season tickets than the other major tickets in town (probably better than the sox though :)

I tried to get them in 2011 and could have right away. Can't do that with Bears/Hawks

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 04:22 PM)
I think Bulls see higher turnover in their season tickets than the other major tickets in town (probably better than the sox though :)

I tried to get them in 2011 and could have right away. Can't do that with Bears/Hawks

They haven't contacted me in 15 years. I had tickets through the Jordan era and that one awful season. That was it. I am on the Bears waiting list and picked up about 1500 spots last year. I am 2 or 3 years away from pay dirt, just about the time they should be good again.

You can still get Bears tickets on Ticketmaster on Fridays. Usually low rows in the 300 and 400 level close to midfield.

Bulls tickets will set you back a ton.

Edited by Dick Allen

Aside from my uneasiness about the Rose lawsuit, I'm really looking forward to this season. And it's unfortunate that tickets are CRAZY expensive. I used to go about once a season, but went twice in '13-14 and three times last season. I've never sat anywhere but the 300 level at the UC and don't see how I could ever sit downstairs, barring winning a contest or something. I'm doing a game in November this year then saving some room in the budget for a playoff game. Also got some pretty good seats for a Bucks-Jazz game in Milwaukee for cheap.

QUOTE (3GamesToLove @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 06:29 PM)
Aside from my uneasiness about the Rose lawsuit, I'm really looking forward to this season. And it's unfortunate that tickets are CRAZY expensive. I used to go about once a season, but went twice in '13-14 and three times last season. I've never sat anywhere but the 300 level at the UC and don't see how I could ever sit downstairs, barring winning a contest or something. I'm doing a game in November this year then saving some room in the budget for a playoff game. Also got some pretty good seats for a Bucks-Jazz game in Milwaukee for cheap.

I've never been at 100 level either.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 06:12 PM)
This is the least excited I've been about a Bulls season in a while.

I'm excited. I love Hoiberg's style. Also, the Bulls should be a contender but I'm more interested in seeing what happens at season's end. Does the roster get re-made? Noah is a free agent next offseason. Do they move him or Gasol? Do they finally trade Gibson? The cap goes up and they should have some flexibility to remake the team the way Hoiberg wants it. I'm interested in seeing Mirotic/McDermott/Portis actually play some meaningful minutes. Should be interesting for sure.