Sox Fire Mark Parent

shysocks

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 12:31 PM)
So a guy with no coaching experience who can come in and be their friend? We got enough of that.

I read it as a veteran bench coach with managerial experience and a Spanish Speaking coach. Maybe Ibanez comes on as a Base Coach and they hire someone like Manny Acta to be the bench coach.

I'll throw in a name: Julio Vinas

--Current AA Birmingham Barons manager (3 years)

--Was up with the MLB club in September last year for a bit

--Vibe around him in the org has always been positive

--He is US-born, but of Latin descent - I believe he speaks Spanish, though I don't see any documentation of that anywhere

--Former White Sox prospect from long ago

I'd be he's on the short list.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 12:53 PM)

--He is US-born, but of Latin descent - I believe he speaks Spanish, though I don't see any documentation of that anywhere

That would make a ton of sense. Part of me is also wondering if this is an attempt to slide a replacement manager in to the team in the case they do want to fire Robin next year. Who we hire may well answer that quesiton.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 06:01 PM)
That would make a ton of sense. Part of me is also wondering if this is an attempt to slide a replacement manager in to the team in the case they do want to fire Robin next year. Who we hire may well answer that quesiton.

at this point, i just wait before i start looking at others coaches.

this is surprise on Parent.... and leaving 3 days early.

edit - as many have already posted.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (Scott Merkin's tweet @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 11:53 AM)
Heard the White Sox are looking for a Latin American coach but also looking for a bench coach potentially with prior managerial experience

It'll be like a scaled-down version of the power structure in the FO with the GMs. The one positive in this is that while it pretty much means Robin is back, they recognize that he's not really getting the job done. Best case scenario, this is a last straw kind of move. I mentioned Jose Valentin in another thread- he would even meet the "former Sox" criteria that doesn't officially exist but pretty much does.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 12:53 PM)

That would make sense since he's in-house, and the rest of the staff is only under contract for a year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 12:01 PM)

Very good point. If the team gets off to another lousy start they may not have any choice with Ventura.

Another key point is going to be how this team looks / plays in spring training...especially the last 10 days of it.

Mark

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 01:58 PM)
Hopefully this is just the start. Ya gota clean house FO. Entire new coaching staff.

Apparently they've moved the chains another 8 months. June 1st next year. Let's see if they improve. What's done is done, and what hasn't been done we have no control over.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 02:01 PM)
Yup. When they trot out Robin in '16 I won't be watching.

Lots of people say this. Never ends up being true.

I think Robin should go. But he won't. Fans will show up less often probably too, but no one is just turning it off entirely because they kept the manager.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 12:03 PM)

I think Robin should go. But he won't. Fans will show up less often probably too, but no one is just turning it off entirely because they kept the manager.

Of course not, but they should not put fans in this position, either. In fact, they cannot afford to put fans in this position.

I became resigned that they would not fire Robin several months ago, so at the moment, I'm not too upset...but goodness, get your stuff together, guys.

Not trying to start a fight, just defend myself and Ozzie. So the Sox fire Parent with a weekend to go of meaningless games. I guess Hahn quit on the team by removing somebody before all games were played. Uh ... this is meaningless just like Ozzie leaving with a week to go meant NOTHING. Both teams sucked beyond belief and it mattered not. I don't know why Robin would want to stay BTW. This team is going to suck again next year. Why does he want to manage bad hitting and defensive players.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 07:10 PM)
Not trying to start a fight, just defend myself and Ozzie. So the Sox fire Parent with a weekend to go of meaningless games. I guess Hahn quit on the team by removing somebody before all games were played. Uh ... this is meaningless just like Ozzie leaving with a week to go meant NOTHING. Both teams sucked beyond belief and it mattered not. I don't know why Robin would want to stay BTW. This team is going to suck again next year. Why does he want to manage bad hitting and defensive players.

Good try but this is nothing like the Ozzie situation

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 02:10 PM)

What's hilarious about this post is that as soon as I read the thread, I knew you would post something comparing the Parent situation to Ozzie. I wish I could have gotten odds.

after the dots were all connected, there was nothing but a black sheet

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 02:03 PM)

Well I haven't watched this team since shortly after the trade deadline. Robin sucks. Unless they go out and make some gigantic moves I really won't watch. I can do other things than watch a s***ty baseball team that hasn't been to the playoffs in 7 years.

STRETCH, GET ON BACK THERE!