White Sox still deciding on what to do

Whisox05

QUOTE (shysocks @ Nov 23, 2015 -> 03:33 PM)
Ignoring the merits of Q/Schwarber, I'm very tired of the bolded characterization of pitcher value. Manny Machado had the most plate appearances in MLB last year with 713. Jose Quintana faced 862 batters. This "every 5th day" thing is misleading at best.

yes i agree.... last yr the theory was to put shark before Q or so in the rotation, giving him the chance to pitch against their #2 or # 3 sp pitcher. remember that Q is underrated and that possibility on winning was even better.

cmon, Schwarber??? what is the obsession with this guy. he may be a 1 hit wonder .... i just don't see it.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another blow up scenario.

Resign RP Matt Albers 1 year/3 million

Resign C Geo Soto 1 year/2 million

Trade SP Chris Sale, CF Adam Eaton, and C Tyler Flowers to the Red Sox for SS Xander Bogaerts, C Blake Swihart, CF Mookie Betts, 3B Rafael Devers, and SP Henry Owens

Trade 1B Jose Abreu to the Mets for 1B Lucas Duda, SP Noah Syndergaard, and SP Gabriel Ynoa

Trade SP Jose Quintana and 2B Micah Johnson to the Diamondbacks for RF Ender Inciarte, SP Archie Bradley, SP Joan Lopez, 2B/SS Chris Owings and SP Brandon Shipley

Trade RF Avisail Garcia to the Phillies for 3B Cody Asche

Trade LF Melky Cabrera to the Astros for UTIL Nolan Fontana and SP Asher Wojciechowski

Trade CP David Robertson to the Blue Jays for SP Justin Maese and SP Clinton Hollon

Lineup:

CF Betts

RF Inciarte (L)

SS Bogaerts

DH Duda (L)

C Swihart

1B LaRoche (L)

LF Thompson

3B Asche (L)

2B Sanchez/Owins

OF Shuck, C Soto, UTIL Saladino, UTIL Sanchez/Owings

Rotation:

SP Syndergaard

SP Rodon (L)

SP Owens (L)

SP Bradley

SP Danks (L)

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 23, 2015 -> 10:54 AM)

Trade SP Chris Sale, CF Adam Eaton, and C Tyler Flowers to the Red Sox for SS Xander Bogaerts, C Blake Swihart, CF Mookie Betts, 3B Rafael Devers, and SP Henry Owens

Trade 1B Jose Abreu to the Mets for 1B Lucas Duda, SP Noah Syndergaard, and SP Gabriel Ynoa

Trade SP Jose Quintana and 2B Micah Johnson to the Diamondbacks for RF Ender Inciarte, SP Archie Bradley, SP Joan Lopez, 2B/SS Chris Owings and SP Brandon Shipley

Trade LF Melky Cabrera to the Astros for UTIL Nolan Fontana and SP Asher Wojciechowski

Trade CP David Robertson to the Blue Jays for SP Justin Maese and SP Clinton Hollon

Lineup:

CF Betts

RF Inciarte (L)

SS Bogaerts

DH Duda (L)

C Swihart

1B LaRoche (L)

LF Thompson

3B Asche (L)

2B Sanchez/Owins

Rotation:

SP Syndergaard

SP Rodon (L)

SP Owens (L)

SP Bradley

SP Danks (L)

Sold

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 23, 2015 -> 10:54 AM)

Lineup:

CF Betts

RF Inciarte (L)

SS Bogaerts

DH Duda (L)

C Swihart

1B LaRoche (L)

LF Thompson

3B Asche (L)

2B Sanchez/Owins

Rotation:

SP Syndergaard

SP Rodon (L)

SP Owens (L)

SP Bradley

SP Danks (L)

The Mets wouldn't trade Thor for Abreu straight up (nor should they), let alone add two more players with him.

Edited by OmarComing25

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 22, 2015 -> 06:51 AM)
I think when you have 1 position player left from 3 seasons ago, it is a rebuild. I don't think the semantics matter much, the fact is, except for pitchers, which almost universally the opinion is the White Sox do a decent job of developing, there is one player left since Hahn became the GM. I don't think they will stop trying to win now. It would be nice if a guy they developed actually was able to hit and field. Maybe it will happen. Maybe LaRoche is what they thought they signed in 2016. They will need some things to go right, but I don't see how they are any farther away than they were last year.

Let's hope it's a rebuild. If this has truly been an effort to win they are failing miserably. Over that time the Sox were losing more games than the Cubs, who were trying to lose. Three straight years with a top ten pick is a rebuild, no matter what you call it.

I just wish they would admit it and spend more in international markets and player development than marginal free agents that leave the team worse off.

And they are further from competing than last year. They could use upgrades at 6 everyday spots, and the back end of the rotation is far from a sure thing. It would take a minor miracle for this team to compete next year.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 24, 2015 -> 05:16 PM)
Sea just DFA John Hicks - cat / 3b. he had a miscue time in the majors, but he minor numbers is very interesting. i think he can be worth a look-see.

He hit 245 with an ops of 645 last year in AAA at the age of 25. Doesn't scream that interesting to me.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 25, 2015 -> 12:38 AM)
He hit 245 with an ops of 645 last year in AAA at the age of 25. Doesn't scream that interesting to me.

that was, i think shuttle back to AAA..... before that, the previous yr was 290.

either way, an invite .... what will it hurt. it is not like at this time the sox have someone knocking down the door.

Edited by LDF

Sitting through the past season, I anxiously awaited the accountability and change that undoubtedly would have to come as a response to the overall ineptitude and lack of effort we witnessed last year. Instead, we get the same coach and management back next year, with no real plan in place.

Next year could range anywhere from them being a perennial contender, to them needing a complete rebuild… they just have to let it percolate a bit to figure it out I guess. This shows that they have no real vision at all for the future, and no faith in their own scouting abilities. If they did, they would know exactly where they stand, and they would be hitting the ground running.

Instead, they are just flopping in the wind, going day to day (decision by decision) it seems. That is pretty alarming to me.

QUOTE (Whitey @ Nov 25, 2015 -> 09:14 AM)
Sitting through the past season, I anxiously awaited the accountability and change that undoubtedly would have to come as a response to the overall ineptitude and lack of effort we witnessed last year. Instead, we get the same coach and management back next year, with no real plan in place.

Next year could range anywhere from them being a perennial contender, to them needing a complete rebuild… they just have to let it percolate a bit to figure it out I guess. This shows that they have no real vision at all for the future, and no faith in their own scouting abilities. If they did, they would know exactly where they stand, and they would be hitting the ground running.

Instead, they are just flopping in the wind, going day to day (decision by decision) it seems. That is pretty alarming to me.

The fact that they don't have their 2016 roster set before Thanksgiving has to be alarming to White Sox fans everywhere. All the other teams have made tons of trades, there are hardly any free agents available to sign...just a colossal fail again on the White Sox part. Thinking you could get something done at the Winter Meetings is silly. Everything should be finished weeks before.

And not sharing their offseason plan with the world? What are they thinking?

Edited by Dick Allen

Strong contender for biggest overreaction of the offseason post so far.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 25, 2015 -> 09:26 AM)
The fact that they don't have their 2016 roster set before Thanksgiving has to be alarming to White Sox fans everywhere. All the other teams have made tons of trades, there are hardly any free agents available to sign...just a colossal fail again on the White Sox part. Thinking you could get something done at the Winter Meetings is silly. Everything should be finished weeks before.

And not sharing their offseason plan with the world? What are they thinking?

Lol what? There have been trades, but I wouldn't say "tons". Hardly any FA's have signed. It's just a slow start to the offseason transactions.

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Nov 25, 2015 -> 10:08 AM)
Lol what? There have been trades, but I wouldn't say "tons". Hardly any FA's have signed. It's just a slow start to the offseason transactions.

Did he really have to make the whole post green?? I though it was pretty obvious. :lol:

QUOTE (Whitey @ Nov 25, 2015 -> 03:14 PM)

are you kidding me, the FO made everything possible to redirect the accountability factor against the players.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 25, 2015 -> 12:05 PM)
are you kidding me, the FO made everything possible to redirect the accountability factor against the players.

Putting the blame on who was responsible is also very shortsighted.

I will tell you this, if I owned a 7-11 and some clerk failed to show up at work because they were hungover, I wouldn't fire them, I'd fire the manager. He or she should have trained them better.

And anyone here who is a manager in whatever line of work you are in, just remember, when those below you screw up, it is totally your fault. If your boss doesn't fire you immediately, you should have the decency to tender your resignation.

Edited by Dick Allen

Ever since Hahn took over in 2012/2013 there has been some turnover in the front office. Paddy, Haber, Hosteler, come to mind. I remember reading somewhere that Fabian has had an increased role too.

Still would like to see Hahn hire his own manager. This is certainly make or break for Robin.

#Royals, #Angels, #WhiteSox, #Mets and #Yankees have shown interest in Asdrubal Cabrera, according to Venezuelan journalist @EfrainZavarce.

https://twitter.com/MaxWildstein/status/670371550370000896

Los dos equipos de Nueva York, además de @whitesox, @Royals y @Angels, se han interesado por Asdrúbal Cabrera, asegura una fuente. #MLB

https://twitter.com/EfrainZavarce/status/670279920954777600

Not sure who this guy is

Edited by WhiteSoxLifer

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Nov 27, 2015 -> 05:55 PM)
#Royals, #Angels, #WhiteSox, #Mets and #Yankees have shown interest in Asdrubal Cabrera, according to Venezuelan journalist @EfrainZavarce.

https://twitter.com/MaxWildstein/status/670371550370000896

Los dos equipos de Nueva York, además de @whitesox, @Royals y @Angels, se han interesado por Asdrúbal Cabrera, asegura una fuente. #MLB

https://twitter.com/EfrainZavarce/status/670279920954777600

Not sure who this guy is

I'm not too surprised. No way are they going to trot two first full year players as our starting double play combo.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 27, 2015 -> 06:11 PM)
I'm not too surprised. No way are they going to trot two first full year players as our starting double play combo.

Ya they cant try to run both saladino and Sanchez. Both weak bats in my opinion unless the go with Micah a 2nd tho still 2 rookies

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 27, 2015 -> 08:18 PM)
Acquiring Lawrie and signing Asdrubal Cabrera would be solid additions. Could play Cabrera at 2B or SS and have Saladino and Sanchez platoon

I'm thinking the same thing as you. I'd be pretty happy if the Sox landed both Lawrie and Asdrubal.