OF Options

rhuesmann35

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They'll add an OFer before camp. Who? I don't know. I like some of the options. I'd add someone via trade and sign a guy like Austin Jackson to a one year deal. I'm done with Avi. Jackson would at least bring a really good defensive addition. I like shuck as the 4th. I like CarGo for the fact he has the big pop we need but his decline is concerning. Ozuna costs a lot but he's intriguing. Incarte (if that's how it's spelled forgive me) is intriguing as well.

I wanted Jackie Bradley, Jr. when he couldn't hit at all in the majors his 1st 2 years. But noooo the Sox didn't get him and his bat is starting to catch up to his fielding now and probably nearly impossible to get him. Probably starting for Red Sox now yes ? Also might as well mention Brock Holt too. I wanted him for a few years also. It wouldn't be the off season if I didn't mention him.

I just don't see the Sox making a trade unless it's a big one with current 25 man roster guys going. Melky, Robertson, Avi, Saladino , Sanchez, Erik Johnson, any reliever. I'd add Danks and LaRoche ,just in case, cuz ya never know. We all love those 3 ways.

During the "Club House Culture" forum, the fans got to ask questions to George Springer, Evan Gattis, and Colby Rasmus. Gattis and Rasmus were very open about the fact that Springer led dance-offs in the locker room and invented "Club Astro." The Astros turn their clubhouse into "Club Astro" after wins by putting on strobe lights, fog machines, and more to celebrate their success. This culture is part of what made the Houston Astros so successful in 2015. When Colby Rasmus was asked the question about what made Houston so special, he responded with, "the culture here is amazing. We can have fun, we can be ourselves, and we can eat in the dugout. Other teams like the Cardinals don't even let us eat. I need to eat. Have you seen how skinny I am? The fact that I can eat skittles in the Astros dugout is what helped me keep on weight." While his answer is very funny, you can see how the Astros differ from other organizations. This culture change keeps everyone, including the players and fans, on their toes.

http://dynastydigest.sportsblog.com/posts/...e-springer.html

:lol: Good stuff right there. Curious to see which outfielder they end up trading, excluding Springer of course.

QUOTE (chisox802 @ Jan 25, 2016 -> 04:25 PM)
Hi everyone, first time poster here. I have been following the board for a long time, never posted though.

I think the FO is going to look to make another trade before they sign one of the remaining free agents. I live out in Colorado and the consensus out here is that the Rockies are definitely going to try and move one of their outfielders...

While this is nothing new, I think this is the best avenue for our sox. I personally don't want anything to do with any of the remaining free agents (for so many reasons). If we could somehow can swing a deal without giving up Anderson or Fulmer, go for it.

I know all of this has been mentioned before, but I think one of the Rockies OFers would be a good fit. I know I am going to get killed with the "split stats" debate.....

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/colorad...e-rumors-012516

Welcome aboard, and thanks for your post. Upgrading in the outfield is not just about improving the offense. The White Sox outfield defense was about as bad as I can remember and I go back to the days of Walt Williams, Buddy Bradford, Ken Berry, and Tommy Agee roaming the old barn in 1967. There are no "split stats" on defense.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 4m4 minutes ago

Some in game sense Dickerson will be OFer #Rockies trade. Will require less of return than Blackmon. #Rays involved, as @TBTimes_Rays said.

Why would Rockies trade Dickerson and why would he fetch less than Blackmon? Dickerson is younger, under club control for longer, and is a better hitter. Am I missing something here?

EDIT: I see he was injured most of last year. Still, if he stays healthy, he was on a monstrous pace.

Edited by southside hitman

QUOTE (BigFinn @ Jan 26, 2016 -> 09:50 AM)
Welcome aboard, and thanks for your post. Upgrading in the outfield is not just about improving the offense. The White Sox outfield defense was about as bad as I can remember and I go back to the days of Walt Williams, Buddy Bradford, Ken Berry, and Tommy Agee roaming the old barn in 1967. There are no "split stats" on defense.

2008 with Quentin, Griffey and Dye from left to right is about as bad as it can get.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 26, 2016 -> 10:24 AM)
Thoughts on Corey Dickerson? Rosenthal tweeted out this morning that some in the game think he's the most likely of the Colorado OFers to go.

Rays are involved. Could come cheaper than the others as well. What would it take to get him?

Well, the guy is 26 and can rake, so I think it would take a fair bit to get him.

Thoughts on Corey Dickerson? Rosenthal tweeted out this morning that some in the game think he's the most likely of the Colorado OFers to go.

Rays are involved. Could come cheaper than the others as well. What would it take to get him?

Makes sense. They really don't have a CF if they trade Blackmon

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jan 26, 2016 -> 09:41 AM)
He can't be traded until June due to accepting the QO.

Rasmus can be traded before June 15th but the Astros need his permission to do so. Doubtful Rasmus would give that permission so he's probably not going anywhere.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jan 26, 2016 -> 09:55 AM)
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 4m4 minutes ago

Some in game sense Dickerson will be OFer #Rockies trade. Will require less of return than Blackmon. #Rays involved, as @TBTimes_Rays said.

Why would Rockies trade Dickerson and why would he fetch less than Blackmon? Dickerson is younger, under club control for longer, and is a better hitter. Am I missing something here?

EDIT: I see he was injured most of last year. Still, if he stays healthy, he was on a monstrous pace.

Ya, Dickerson is the Rockies OF I'd prefer but his plantar fasciitis could be a big problem for an outfielder. It sure did raise some hell on Gillaspie and he was just a 3B.

I really think any trade the Sox make is going to be for a player who has 2 or preferably only 1 year left on his contract. They have already depleted the farm system with the Lawrie & Frazier deals, and we don't want to trade Anderson or Fulmer unless it's for a bonafide player who will be here for more than 1 year. Dickerson would be a good get but probably not in the cards due to the likely higher cost for a young outfielder like himself.

Although not likely, if Hahn could somehow still bring in 2 outfielders and only give up 1 pick at most that would be a home run, providing us the flexibility to get Melky more DH time and improve the overall outfield defense. If we bring in Desmond he could possibly figure into the outfield mix as well for a handful of games.

This of course would leave us with Avi and Laroche to still figure out.

His injury is problematic. But in general, this is the kind of player that the Sox should target with their package of 3/4 ML ready prospects rather than 1 or 2 years of these veterans Williams is so attached to. I don't know where they come up with this artificial 3 year (now 2) year window in the first place. It certainly doesn't match Sale or Q's contract.

Offer E Johnson for him

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jan 26, 2016 -> 11:53 AM)
His injury is problematic. But in general, this is the kind of player that the Sox should target with their package of 3/4 ML ready prospects rather than 1 or 2 years of these veterans Williams is so attached to. I don't know where they come up with this artificial 3 year (now 2) year window in the first place. It certainly doesn't match Sale or Q's contract.

Offer E Johnson for him

I have been saying this now for a week or two.... I think we will have to give up a little more than just EJ, but this is what I think should be done.

I would target Dickerson and then sign Latos or Fister. Just my 2 cents.

QUOTE (chisox802 @ Jan 26, 2016 -> 12:24 PM)
I have been saying this now for a week or two.... I think we will have to give up a little more than just EJ, but this is what I think should be done.

I would target Dickerson and then sign Latos or Fister. Just my 2 cents.

Of course we can't bank on his health, but from what has been out there a few times, Jacob Turner could make the rotation if he is healthy.