5/23/2005 Sox @ Halos Game Thread

bjm676

Angels seem pretty banged up.

Vlad's on the DL.

K-Rod's Day-to-Day and Garret Anderson just got back into the lineup yesterday.

Here are the rest of the matchups:

Tuesday: Buehrle v. Colon

Wednesday: Garcia v. Washburn

Thursday: The Count v. Lackey

Jon G will also be pitching in front of his family & friends. Time for #9 tonight!

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro:

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 23, 2005 -> 12:54 PM)
But that doesn't quite answer the most important question...

WILL THEY EAT s***?!?

That's a dumb question. They will, of course, partake in the eating of s***, just as the long line of s***-eaters in whose tracks they follow.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 23, 2005 -> 11:05 AM)
That's a dumb question.  They will, of course, partake in the eating of s***, just as the long line of s***-eaters in whose tracks they follow.

It will be a feast of s*** spread across golden tables for their family & friends to consume!

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ May 23, 2005 -> 12:54 PM)
ah the halos.  The Los Angeles of Anaheim California next to Nevada United States of America in Earth. Angels.

Remember when we rocked K-rod last year.

Isnt K-Rod hurt right now? Last I heard he was Day to Day

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 23, 2005 -> 01:09 PM)
Isnt K-Rod hurt right now?  Last I heard he was Day to Day

K-Rod is still day to day but in his absence Scott Shields has actually been more effective than K-Rod in the Closer's role.

I'm really looking forward to the game - I'm going to tonight thru Wed - and it will be my first look at Garland.

Haven't seen that much of the Rally Monkey this year, now that I think of it. We'll make him eat s*** too!!!

I don't know about you guys but even a 5 game lead ahead of Minnesota doesn't make me comfortable. Esspecially since its still only May. We need to have a successful road trip. Like split in Anaheim or take 3 of 4 and take 2 of 3 in Texas. If we do that we should be in great shape.

I'm not sure how much longer Garland can keep this up, but I like his chances tonite in his home-state. Keep it up Jon G!!!!

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ May 23, 2005 -> 02:25 PM)
I don't know about you guys but even a 5 game lead ahead of Minnesota doesn't make me comfortable. Esspecially since its still only May. We need to have a successful road trip. Like split in Anaheim or take 3 of 4 and take 2 of 3 in Texas. If we do that we should be in great shape.

I'm not sure how much longer Garland can keep this up, but I like his chances tonite in his home-state. Keep it up Jon G!!!!

Not comfortable? Where did you think we would be at point in the season? The only team with a bigger lead is the Cardinals and that division is s*** this year.

I don't mean to sound like I think it's wrapped up, but I think we are way ahead of anybody's expectations.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ May 23, 2005 -> 03:15 PM)
Didn't his name used to be Johan, but he changed it because of the other Johan? IIRC thats what BBTN said.

JOhan was revealed to not be his given name in an agegate scandal.. He's actually a few months older than the other Johan

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ May 23, 2005 -> 03:15 PM)
Didn't his name used to be Johan, but he changed it because of the other Johan? IIRC thats what BBTN said.

His name was Johan when he came into the league but it turned out that he was using someone elses birth certificate. He was also like 2 years older than they thought.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 23, 2005 -> 03:18 PM)
JOhan was revealed to not be his given name in an agegate scandal.. He's actually a few months older than the other Johan

IC, thanks for the clarification. Either way, he's going to take one in the balls tonight.

Santana is a rookie, yes, but he's highly touted. If I recall he is/was the #3 prospect in the deep Angels farm system. Supposedly has really good stuff, yet already has a good amount of injury history. In his first start in the majors he got shelled by the indians, who are struggling this year on offense.

With that said we should be able to score some runs tonight, we just need to be patient. Make him throw strikes, see if he makes mistakes, etc. Don't go up there swinging at everything. Either way, I expect Garland to stick to his current form against an anemic looking offense without Vlad. Erstad was their three hole hitter last night, Quinlan their 5th, ick.

So let's get Garland his ninth win tonight! :headbang