6/6 Game Thread SOX vs Mariners

knightni

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 11:27 PM)
I'm excited to see Pineda for the first time. Dude is a stud.

Either way we're in for a treat. Of course we want to win. But if we get shutdown, at least it will be entertaining. This guy is scary good. I've seen him twice and my mouth was like wide open half the time. Why can't we find guys like this? We've got the most popular latino manager/coach in pro sports and what's come out of LA for us since he's been here?

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 11:54 AM)
Like to see Danks get that win tonite. All three games are on the Fox NW channel, which I get, but they are the Seattle announcers. You take what you can get though

I'd prefer the Mariner announcers over Hawk these days

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 12:53 PM)
This whole week scares me. They need 5-2, but I'm afraid of the reverse.

To quote Dr. Nick Riviera..."Then you'll be cured. Or dead. But the important thing is, we'll know."

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 02:08 PM)
No Rios again. Konerko also getting a DH-day with Dunn at 1B. I wonder if the wrist is still bothering him?

I'd imagine Dunn being at first is more for Dunn than for Paulie.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 02:13 PM)
I'd imagine Dunn being at first is more for Dunn than for Paulie.

It is interesting how much more we have seen Dunn at 1B with Frank mentioning that as a better way to handle Dunn's transition to DH>

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 02:14 PM)
It is interesting how much more we have seen Dunn at 1B with Frank mentioning that as a better way to handle Dunn's transition to DH>

I wish the Sox would hire Frank for a job in the dugout. I really think he'd make a strong hitting coach. Hell, if Mark f***ing McGwire can be Tony LaRussa's hitting coach...

(I know this is kind of meathead fan s***, but Frank understood hitting and says some incredible things about the mental side of hitting during every interview).

Sadly, as long as KW and Ozzie are in charge, that won't even be an option.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 09:54 AM)
Like to see Danks get that win tonite. All three games are on the Fox NW channel, which I get, but they are the Seattle announcers. You take what you can get though

Haha. Well, here in the Seattle area you can bet I'll be watching the games. I'm hoping I'll be able to spot my daughter in the crowd. She'll be at all three games, pretty good seats too from what I understand. At least I won't have to be watching on my computer. I've seen a lot of Pineda and he's the real deal, that's for sure. I hope Danks comes through with a good one. :gosox1:

Edit: AJ batting 5th.....sigh. I wish Dunn would start hitting dammit.

Edited by BigEdWalsh

Funny how a couple weeks ago, we were really looking forward to the Mariners arrival. Their lineup is still terrible, though they've been hot lately. I'm still convinced that rotating Jack Crust, Adam Kennedy, and Miguel Olivo in the cleanup spot is not a winning formula. I do like the new left fielder Peguero, he's got a lot of power but ks a lot. Pretty sure we'll have to wait to tomorrow to see him, as he sits against lefties.

I'll be in the house tonight... just got tickets.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 02:21 PM)
I wish the Sox would hire Frank for a job in the dugout. I really think he'd make a strong hitting coach. Hell, if Mark f***ing McGwire can be Tony LaRussa's hitting coach...

(I know this is kind of meathead fan s***, but Frank understood hitting and says some incredible things about the mental side of hitting during every interview).

Sadly, as long as KW and Ozzie are in charge, that won't even be an option.

I wish he would too but how do we know Big Frank even wants a job? He might not want to put up with the daily grind. I'd imagine he's enjoying retirement.

QUOTE (Bighurt52235 @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 03:07 PM)
Funny how a couple weeks ago, we were really looking forward to the Mariners arrival. Their lineup is still terrible, though they've been hot lately. I'm still convinced that rotating Jack Crust, Adam Kennedy, and Miguel Olivo in the cleanup spot is not a winning formula. I do like the new left fielder Peguero, he's got a lot of power but ks a lot. Pretty sure we'll have to wait to tomorrow to see him, as he sits against lefties.

I LOLed :lolhitting