AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

It's time for some cautious optimism. Granted, they have killed a bad pitching team, but the whole season was spent making other bad pitching teams look like good pitching teams and good pitching teams... well, you know.

Obviously they won't always score 9, but I think it is safe to say we have escaped from the 3 runs or less hell.

And if the pitching and defense keeps up.....

Edited by South Sider

QUOTE (NCsoxfan @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 10:19 PM)
Why is the baseball prospectus playoff probability still so low? It says 8%

It's based a lot on run differential. So while we're +35 over this winning streak the overall number is still crappy. I wouldn't put too much stock into that number, considering we were putting up that horrible run differential when we couldn't hit s*** and our defense was awful. Both have improved, which the formula doesn't account for.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 11:20 PM)
It's based a lot on run differential. So while we're +35 over this winning streak the overall number is still crappy. I wouldn't put too much stock into that number, considering we were putting up that horrible run differential when we couldn't hit s*** and our defense was awful. Both have improved, which the formula doesn't account for.

Even when our record was at its absolute worst, pretty much every system there is suggested that our record was better than we deserved. So a run of good play can't erase just how "lucky" we may have been to only have had a sort-of horrible record a few weeks ago

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 11:28 PM)
Am I the only one who wants the sox to stand pat?

I'm happy for them to do that. Even if you had a lot of faith in the team, our record isn't good enough to justify selling out just to win this season. But the team is playing so well and the pitching staff is so great that you can't justify selling off either. Keeping Samardzija is a risk, losing Samardzija is a risk. I think keeping Samardzija is in and of itself a gamble and maybe the only appropriate one for this season.