Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour

  2. I mean, yeah, Hagen and Kay handled them really well on Saturday. It doesn’t mean that they’re suddenly terrible against lefties now.
  3. Yeah Saturday's game was relatively full but did not have that ultra-hyped up playoff feeling - seemed kind of routine for a group of fans who have gotten spoiled (if you can call regular early playoff flameouts as "spoiled.") Nothing like what we're going to see in Chicago this week. https://sports.yahoo.com/articles/white-sox-call-blackout-playoff-214805745.html
  4. Pivotal game today. Sox will need to score a lot of runs to demoralize the Guardians. I think Teel will have a good game hitting maybe even smashing a HR.
  5. It's clear they're just asking people for their general experience at the Rate, which for the last few years has by and large been playing in front of 8,000 fans cheering on a historically bad ballclub. A packed Rate during playoffs is an entirely different animal. Ask anyone who went to game 3 in 2021 if it's an intimidating place to play - I've never been to a louder game.
  6. Today

  7. Nothing but kinetic energy flowing through me today as I am so anxious and can’t stop moving thinking about this game
  8. yeah, they crushed Hagen and Kay on Saturday... (Adell was 4/4 on Ks)
  9. Even the media outside of a few curmudgeons likes the Sox.
  10. He's also fortunate the B10 is down this year...unless the argument is that Wisconsin NW and Minnesota are suddenly world beaters. Ohio State Indiana Oregon rest of league Iowa is 18th, but that won't last same with USC/Riley
  11. typical lazy reporting with Chicago behind Cleveland for best home field advantage Guardians "It's not an intimidating place for us," one staffer said. "Maybe that's because they typically have a lot of young players. They have good teams, but there's nothing that makes it a tough place to play. Not compared to some of the other places, certainly." 8. Rate Field, Chicago White Sox"It's a neutral for me," one NL staffer said. "Nothing really stands out." The growing popularity of the pope hats -- and the improvement of the White Sox, from setting the modern MLB single-season loss record in 2024 with 121 losses to making the playoffs and winning their first series since 2005 -- might start to change that. https://www.espn.co.uk/mlb/story/_/id/50103985/mlb-2026-playoffs-ranking-home-field-advantage-yankees-padres-rays-dodgers
  12. There are still some tickets available for the game. (one hour ago)
  13. Today's game isn't even sold out. Bury these fuckers.
  14. Yes. It was in Crains and it showed that the economic profile of a Sox and Cubs fan is virtually identical.
  15. Matt Campbell's start is not going well.
  16. So eHarmony might be better than Tinder or Grindr for long term relationships? Hmm
  17. I tell my players you have to enjoy the process of getting better. It's tough to practice for hours every day, often doing the small things that just aren't intrinsically fun, to get better. We try to end each session with something fun. But in the end, I've always seen kids having fun winning and irritable when losing. It's human nature.
  18. https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/story/2026-09-28/mlb-playoffs-lockout-yankees-red-sox-brewers-dodgers There are ways for owners to direct more revenue to small-market teams without the salary cap the players insist they will not accept, and without limiting the definition of success to winning the World Series, which risks devaluing the product among 29 fan bases every year. Whether the owners wish to consider them without the cost certainty that comes with a salary cap will be the story line of the cold winter ahead.
  19. Everyone’s going to be fighting over King and Peralta, starting with the Cubs. they have THREE guys to replace while waiting on Steele and Horton Gausman Holmes and Imanaga are the leftover scraps
  20. Don’t think Venable has developed that trust yet in this recent version of Schultz…or he would have been in there instead of Kay.
  21. Just remember Ramirez and Adell absolutely kill lefties…
  22. I don't feel good using Kay to open for Burke, he hasn't looked good, hard hit balls, doubles, walks. I'm guessing Venable is looking at this like they are up already 1-0 in the series and the next 2 are in Chicago, but I would have rather used Schultz, he's looked great at the end of the season. Sox were fortunate that Cleveland went 0 for 2 with the bases loaded, the two pitches they recorded outs on were literally center cut, one by Hudson one by Kay Sox need to win today to really put Cleveland into desperation mode
  23. For a Skubal, Ishbia would need to be the car driver, and Reinsdorf a passenger. We all know how Reinsdorf shops at the very top of the market. Publicity oriented only.
  24. m.youtube.com/shorts/v12xXU6-NWc
  25. Again, as I said in my post… I expect them to sign AT LEAST ONE veteran starting pitcher. I really wanted them to get Robbie Ray at the deadline, he’s available. Kevin Gausman, Zac Gallen, Corbin Burnes, and Tyler Mahle are names to watch but I wouldn’t be shocked if they hovered around Skubal. Skubal is going to test the market, I don’t think it’s a forgone conclusion that the Dodgers will resign him. He’s the best pitcher on the market by far, the best pitcher in the game, it would be a slap in the face to himself and the other players in free agency if he didn’t test the market. There’s no draft pick compensation attached to Skubal. Maybe the run this team is on inspires ownership, both Reinsdorf and Ishbia, to get a whale. I’m not saying they’re going to sign him but I would be shocked if they weren’t a player.
  26. I’m in agreement on Martin, he’s who I would look to deal to open a spot for a second FA signing or Sandlin but his value is low right now compared to what it was going into the ASB

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.