Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour

  2. Yeah, I just had a "f***-it" moment and booked my trip to Cleveland tonight. Hope to see some of you there. I'll be the drunk one in Sox gear
  3. Its crazy that its so much easier to get a ticket in Cleveland than Chicago. Still pondering that decision for Monday.
  4. I don't think that's bandwagon-y. You can be a Sox fan and not fill Jerry's pockets by packing the Rate during 100-loss seasons. Sox fans reward the team with their attendance when they're good, and stay away when they're bad, and I've always respected that about our fanbase. I know tons of hard core Sox fans who are among those who returned to the Rate this Summer. I myself am a certified, lifelong White Sox sicko who went from season ticket-holder in 2022 to boycotting the Rate for a couple of years, to coming back strong in 2026. I too welcome new fans. I have more complicated thoughts about the casual, condescending Cub fan pseudo-support that materializes during Sox playoff runs.
  5. Did Ishbia already build this "rushed" stadium project? Is it complete? Are they done putting "hours of thought and design" into it? "Railyards" is a great name for the concept/vision of what is to come! Which at this point it still is a concept...there is no official name...what is a joke about that? I don't mind you being against the project...you are entitled to your views/opinions. But the way you present your feelings seems...straight out of middle school!
  6. Exactly. The Rays had a 34-19 record after the trade deadline and Peralta earned 5 wins. The only reason that the Sox are “the story of the season” is because they have been so awful historically and recently. That shouldn’t automatically win any awards. Meanwhile, the Rays are competitive almost every year in the toughest division in baseball with a lower payroll. Consistent success should be applauded with awards, not tanking for 3 years and finally building a winner.
  7. I am not talking about giving up 2005, but talking about the last 20 years.
  8. Also send them to Soxtalk hell.
  9. And made the second best DDL pitching addition in Peralta...after Mahle to ATL.
  10. The gatekeeper thing was always the weirdest thing about being a Sox fan. First off Sox fans are extremely bandwagon. When they are bad, everyone disappears. When times are good, everyone shows back up. Look at attendance numbers and TV ratings.
  11. Erik Neander. His team blew away the competition in the toughest division in baseball with some of the biggest spending teams, while having a low payroll. Getz should be runner-up. His Castillo trade was awful and the team played poorly after the trade deadline (25-26 record) and lost the division to an 85 win team. The third place team in the AL East finished with a better record than both the Guardians and White Sox.
  12. Define “absolve” please
  13. Right on. I hope most fans feel this way instead of being all gatekeepery. There’s plenty of room on the bandwagon. Come have fun with us.
  14. 2 1/2 years is hardly quick...ENTIRE is also a stretch. The starting pitching is hardly a finished product. There's no defined closer. Colson and Mune aren't guaranteed to be around by the end of next season. Bonemer and Cholowsky are the only two significant hitting prospects remaining in the system relatively close to impacting the major league roster. In the next 3-5 years, will the Sox mirror 2020-21 White Sox, Tigers, Mariners, Blue Jays, Royals, Orioles... Or Brewers Braves Rays Guards Padres???
  15. Today

  16. All of the major awards are voted on before the playoffs. The White Sox are pretty much the story of this season. The quick rebuild of the entire organization says a lot more than a bad trade.
  17. In theory couldn't an Admin absolve a poster of their board sins?
  18. Last season I was seeing a young team evolving. I also noticed Friday Night at the Rate was becoming a thing with the attendance. The young team was opening eyes with their slug and fun. This season the Sox became the darlings of their fanbase in Chicago, even old crusty Sox fans came onboard. Now the Sox are the long shot team fans and some of the media across the country are amused by. As a lifelong Sox fan this is new to me, I have never seen the Sox popular outside of their local fanbase. I welcome all new fans with open arms that want to cheer for the Sox.
  19. Really cool story, if it was already posted my apologies. Houston's 'Mattress Mack' will treat St. Gabriel's students to White Sox postseason baseball
  20. Against Messick, I want to see the following lineup. Stats are wRC+ against LHP on a full season basis and for the last two months. C. Meidroth, 2B (187 | 287) R. Grichuk, RF (197 | 233) M. Vargas, 3B (155 | 153) M. Murakami, 1B* (110 | 120) B. Doyle, CF (158 | 158) S. Antonacci, LF* (83 | 134) T. Pham, DH (103 | 103) K. Teel, C* (75, 140) C. Montgomery, SS* (118 | 65) I thought about putting Rogers in for Teel and wouldn’t completely hate it to start the game, but I ultimately went with our main dude Kyle as he’s hit LHP surprisingly well over the last two months (SSS). The other question was LF and whether to go with Sam or Peters. I decided to go with Sam and save Peters for when the Guardians’ bullpen comes in. By doing so, it allows us to decide if we need to prioritize defense or offense and gives us better flexibility on how to deploy Tristin. If we’re down, he comes in for Doyle or Grichuk. If we’re up, he comes in for Antonacci. My only concern with the above lineup is it quickly gets imbalanced once you start subbing in guys. However, I still think stacking your big three RH bats at the top makes the most sense. Getting after Messick the first or second time through the lineup is critical and those three RH bats are the best way to do that.
  21. I was at the Tito Landrum game. 1983....Brit Burns ...Jerry Dybzinski etc.
  22. I attended game 2 of the 1959 WS, I still haven’t gotten over why 3rd base coach Tony Cuchienello sent Lollar with the tying run with no outs, IMHO that play turned the series around, if the Sox had won that game they probably would have won the series. A couple of other blunders both by manager Al Lopez, he didn’t give Billy Pierce a start in the series and he started Early Wynn in game 6 as it looked like Wynn was gassed in game 4 and should have been saved for a game 7.
  23. Was hoping the 3pm start would open up some more tickets. Nope. My fault for not realizing how much I’d want to go
  24. But. If the Sox do advance, who does ESPN get to blame ?
  25. Will have to disagree on Getz. Just finished reading ESPN piece on playoff teams chances to advance. On the Sox side the main obstacle is pitching, and that Getz did not do the job obtaining a reliable starter at the trade deadline. They also wrote that Castillo signing was a disaster with an 8.62 ERA with the Sox. In summary, they place the blame on Getz if the Sox do not advance. This is my opinion also. I find it hard for Getz to get any award with Castillo albatross around his neck.
  26. Ohtani, a phenom in Japan for the Nippon Ham Fighters, was the subject of an intense recruiting campaign after he was posted. Although he pitched just 25 innings in 2017 because of an ankle injury, in 2016 he had a 1.86 ERA in 140 innings and hit .322 with 22 home runs. Because he was younger than 25 years old, Ohtani was subject to international signing rules, which capped his bonus at $3.557 million and limited him to a rookie salary scale (the signing team also had to pay a $20 million posting fee to the Fighters). That essentially meant all 30 teams could afford to go after Ohtani; if he had waited until he was 25 to come to MLB, he would have commanded a $200 million contract. Ohtani narrowed his finalists to the Angels, Dodgers, Giants, Padres, Mariners, Rangers and Cubs, and then he signed with the Angels for a $2.315 million bonus. https://www.si.com/mlb/video/ohtani-made-in-iwate-the-untold-story-of-shohei-ohtani-s-roots-in-japan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.