Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour

  2. The White Sox are playing playoff baseball today. Pinch me!
  3. a few things they gotta clean up in the off season, imo I'm hesitant to think that Murakami will be open to any sort of changes heading into his free agency year, so it is what it is, his issues are identical to his issues in japan, pretty much the exact same player If Colson Montgomery wants to be a big league player, he can't strikeout 40%+ of the time and also never take walks. if his zone contact rate and lack of understanding the strike zone is gonna continue, he will be somewhere else in 2028. and that might be hard to fix because I don't think he's a particularly cerebral hitter and seems confused often on what pitch to expect in certain counts I see them putting in a lot of work with Sam, with his defense in LF being a key area to work on, would be nice if Sizemore was still around. Also he's gotta get better facing LHP that goes without saying. he has the same weaknesses that Peters has, he sucks against breaking balls, and he's elite vs fastballs. his spray chart is very good, he will pretty much hit the ball where it's thrown (Pull 31%/Str8 42%/Opp 26%), it will be interesting to see if the astros throw him a lot of breaking/off speed this series Doyle getting more selective in his at bats and cutting back on the strikeouts. I think they're gonna invest a lot of time in him Benintendi, idk what happened to him, this wasn't his profile until last year, he was never a low on base slugger, he was a high on base contact hitter who drove the ball to the gaps. Are the Sox just not equipped to fix guys like him, or are they actively trying to turn him into something he's bad at Peters will be interesting, I see major regression in 2027 unless they really put in the work. One thing I will say about him, I think he is a highly intelligent hitter and that helps cover up the lack of physical tools. Statcast shows that he's pretty much a dead pull hitter (Pull 51%/Str8 29%/Opp 20%), and he also struggles a lot vs breaking balls, so I think pitchers will start to attack him away with junk until he adjusts, which I feel he is 100% capable of doing. what do you want the Sox to work on after the labor s%*# is over? I don't think coaches can work with players until the new CBA
  4. This is what you hope for. It's one thing to talk about how it should look, now he saw it right up front in person. Quick reads!
  5. Wow, I didn't see that coming from Case, he was amazing. The D was stout when needed and won the turnover battle.
  6. Teams had to submit their playoff rosters to the league 15 minutes ago, so we should see how that looks imminently.
  7. Off topic but I don’t care: Just watched (again) that Mune locker room celebration video “One-Hundred!!” It is pure joy, pure joy, especially for those of us who watched and suffered through the 121 loss season. And I always liked Brooke Fletcher, but after that interview, getting drenched while she’s working yet celebrating with them; she is so genuine; now I love her.
  8. Suppose Hagen goes 1-2-3 in the first. I will be most curious to see what happens next. I expect there to be a gaggle of righties after Yordan in the batting order. Do the Sox try to get 2 or 3 innings from Hagen, or do they just transition to the bulk righty of their choosing once the dragon (Yordan) is slayed?
  9. If you've got Xfinity internet, you may have Peacock for free without even knowing. Don't know if that still is a thing or not since I haven't had Xfinity in a while but just tossing that out there.
  10. A strong start is important (Hagen gives you a good chance for that). It gives our lineup a chance to jump ahead.
  11. Today

  12. Genuine question: how the hell do I watch these games? Edit: I guess I do get NBCSN. Didn't even know I had it. This is indeed ridiculous, though.
  13. Agreed. I would have gone Sandlin to start with Hagen the short leash today-thursday for 2 innings each.
  14. I don't like using Smith in the first simply because it takes him out of the equation later in the game. If he goes two strong and then the bulk guy gets them 5, that's cool but that's not how this seems to work for them.
  15. Somebody is doing something right in this Organization
  16. MLB is so messed up. The Sox and Cubs are in the playoffs and on regular TV in Chicago, you can watch every playoff game except theirs.
  17. He's like the camel on the commercial. Steve, Steve, Steve, Steve, Steve, guess what the count is?
  18. Get ready for Connor McKnight with JR and his lowball offers. I have listened to Fleming and is just Meh. He wouldn't bring much excitement
  19. Good, Better, Best
  20. We lost 324 games over the 3 years prior to this season. We are the only team in history to make the playoffs after back to back 100 loss seasons (let alone three 100 loss seasons). That's the definition of playing with house money. Let's go in free and loose and kick the crap out of the trash can bangers in their Mickey Mouse ballpark!
  21. Hagen Smith is the correct choice. That's what I told Will to do.
  22. Gonna be a lot of meathead callers on sports radio tomorrow. With that said, what an ass kicking!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.