Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour

  2. "The 2026 White Sox won just 84 games, but did so in front of fans that reasoned 75 victories was an aspirational goal, and repaid the overage in enthusiasm. Could they have won more? They certainly thought so, and rue an early-September slide that cost them a division title. They also had 11 walk-off victories, were often stringing together pitching plans that would have made MacGyver nervous, and no team that’s tied itself spiritually to the papacy the way these Sox have can consider themselves starved of blessings." Fegan csuntimes
  3. The participants didn’t change. Unfortunately…we’re going to Houston. Just score early and often.
  4. One interesting thing I’ve noticed is that lately when Colson gets “his pitch” in an AB he absolutely crushes it….about 10 rows foul into the right field corner. He’s had about 5-10 of those swings lately that would have been home runs if he had been a tenth of a second later on the ball. The power is still there. He’s still getting killed on breaking balls and changes in and out of the zone. He’s just not seeing the ball very well out of the pitchers hand for some reason. he went 4 for his last 59 with 1 double and 0 homers. It’s easily the worst slump of his career. I think you give him game 1 but if he doesn’t get on base, I start someone else in game 2.
  5. I got used to Schriff. He suffered through 2024 and 25 with us. He messes up a lot for sure, but his enthusiasm makes him a homer and I like that in our local Sox announcer. I never thought I would approve of him getting a new contract, but I could live it.
  6. He wouldn't stop talking about shoveling that "boomstick" down his throat after the Texas series and when paired up with Schriff it had to be the worst booth I've ever listened to.
  7. I think the Sox can win in Houston, but having watching a lot of both the Astros and the Rangers lately, I would have liked to play the Rangers . bad things always seem to happen in Houston (well not always)
  8. The Sox can beat the Astros. It comes down to pitching. The Sox can't have their starter giving up 3-4 runs in the first inning or two, which we've seen too many times lately.
  9. Or the Phillies/DBacks Or the Padres/Cubs Or the Rangers, etc. and then there's the 162 game comparison for so many modern day baseball records
  10. Apparently not so useless for the Guardians.
  11. Today

  12. I used to think Plesac would be good...but the more games I listened to him...the less excited I would be about him coming into the Sox booth! His over the top stuff just comes across as so forced!
  13. I actually think a "cookie cutter" PBP guy would be an upgrade over a non-baseball guy like Schriff at least
  14. Enjoy whatever recycled PBP guy the sox bring in. Turn on a MLB game and for the most part you get the same sounding home team PBP guy. It's all cookie cutter and we can't handle when someone doesn't fit that mold. I loved Hawk as a PBP guy because he was unique and different, even Harry was different. Most of the PBP guys are white dudes (not trying to turn this into a race issue) who are very similar in how they sound and go about announcing baseball. We need more uniqueness if the younger generation is going to enjoy watching a game like many of us in our 40's, 50's, 60's........do.
  15. Found Schriff to be miscast as a baseball broadcaster and really got annoyed as to how he repeatedly moaned about how cold he was during his broadcast of home games in April and May which made him sound like a softy and probably caused some who were considering going to a game to not go due to his warnings of how they’d be cold. That’s not how real baseball fans or in particular south siders roll. As Bill Veeck always said “there is never a bad day at the ballpark”.
  16. I think Lips friend's JR comment about the Schriff not being a baseball guy is pretty telling as well. And it begs the question, how , in a media market as big as Chicago, do you not have a baseball guy calling games for your baseball team? I guess he works really cheap. He's probably great at slam ball. They could have him call the Nathan's Hot Dog eating contest; he would excel.
  17. I would have preferred the Rangers personally but you're right.
  18. Sox are playing the worst team in the playoffs by record. Still salty about the division but you can't ask for a better draw.
  19. Probably all we need to know is that his contract is up. If the Sox thought he was worth a damn as an announcer, he would have already been resigned.
  20. Each of the last 2 seasons, Brooks Boyer made it a point to say the Schriff would return. This year crickets. He gone.Get out! Yeah buddy.
  21. I enjoyed/enjoy Schriff's calls. I hope he is not leaving but if he is then is better not be Connor McKnight or someone like him.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.