All Activity
Past hour
-
And that's a playoff series winning White Sox winner!!!
True, point being though the infamous fire Getz thread or the burn it all to the ground, fire everyone crowd who were or may still be clinging to that mantra .
-
And that's a playoff series winning White Sox winner!!!
The thing about these WC formats is that you simply can’t afford to get down a bunch right away in game 1. If you do, your 162 game season is basically all but over. If one pitcher has a bad inning, it takes down the whole franchise. You also can’t afford to be tired, make mistakes, or be in a slump if you’re one of THE star players (like Yordan or PCA) It worked out for the Sox as they jumped out and never let up. They absolutely deserved to win, and are clearly the better team, but it’s really not the best postseason format for baseball. It’s a real shame for the 4 NL WC teams (except her padres LOL) who are probably all top 8 MLB teams.
-
And that's a playoff series winning White Sox winner!!!
Didn't Bregman homer twice in that game in Tampa? Seems like a convenient excuse for the Cubs. They just didn't show up. It happens when you can get eliminated in just 2 games.
-
And that's a playoff series winning White Sox winner!!!
Literally, no.
-
And that's a playoff series winning White Sox winner!!!
- Wild Card Round Discussion
He was 97-98 generally. He actually got a swinging K on the first batter, but the ball got away from Rutschman and the runner reached. Then another Adley error put that runner on 3rd and he scored on a well hit single. Soft bloop and a bunt loaded the bases, everyone scored on the next reliever after Crochet was pulled. His stuff wasn't peak but looked viable enough, easy to imagine the inning going much differently if the strikeout is completed for out #1.- And that's a playoff series winning White Sox winner!!!
I think we all can admit Grifol was lol- And that's a playoff series winning White Sox winner!!!
- ALDS Game 1: White Sox at Guardians. Saturday, 12:00 PM
Hasn't he been significantly better his last 4 starts?- And that's a playoff series winning White Sox winner!!!
Want to shout out to Kay. He had the series in the palm of his left hand. If things go differently in his appearance this series might have turned on its head.- ALDS Game 1: White Sox at Guardians. Saturday, 12:00 PM
Is it Saturday yet?- ALDS Game 1: White Sox at Guardians. Saturday, 12:00 PM
Go Go White Sox! What a great series. Next up the Indians- ALDS Game 1: White Sox at Guardians. Saturday, 12:00 PM
with days off between game 1 and game 2 and another one before game 3 I imagine we just go bullpen games for the first one for sure then Burke starts game 2 with a short leash. I kind of like the bullpen games when we have days off, all 12-13 guys should be available to throw including starters during the season.- ALDS Game 1: White Sox at Guardians. Saturday, 12:00 PM
Probably nitpicking, but I gotta say I don’t think Venable actually LOVES going wild with his bullpen usage. I think what he WOULD love is having a couple starters that he can bank on going 6 innings, but he’s doing what he can with the very flawed roster he was given. The overall point stands though. The extra rest is huge for the Sox pitching strategy.- ALDS Game 1: White Sox at Guardians. Saturday, 12:00 PM
I got tickets for a game 4 so this would be absolutely amazing.- Wild Card Round Discussion
Wow that's insane.Today
- ALDS Game 1: White Sox at Guardians. Saturday, 12:00 PM
This is no longer a "magical" season and whatever happens, we're good. I want blood this series. I want to beat the hell out of Cleveland. f*** those guys. Crush'em.- ALDS Game 1: White Sox at Guardians. Saturday, 12:00 PM
part of me wonders how much easier it is as a manager to coach a bunch of kids who aren't multi millionaires (yet) and haven't become jaded because they're rich. money changes everyone. I often think about this when it comes to MIL, TB, and CLE. obviously their front office is limited from the start, but I wonder if their front office would prefer it that way because young talented and cheap players are a lot easier to mold into the kind of players for that particular system/philosophy- ALDS Game 1: White Sox at Guardians. Saturday, 12:00 PM
Should have been 8-5.- Wild Card Round Discussion
What palealesox said. I think someone here shared a tweet where someone laid out exactly what they needed to hack pitch com and it was basically 25 dollars in Amazon s%*# and a little buzzer and that team absolutely turned back into pumpkins when that speculation started- ALDS Game 1: White Sox at Guardians. Saturday, 12:00 PM
I used to do the suds run back when we were fishing out of Key West, that involved quite a few bars . that was fun . so I guess you won't have to worry about having to see a Cubs game on Saturday ヅ- Wild Card Round Discussion
It’s speculation that during their 19 game win streak they were hacking pitch com.- And that's a playoff series winning White Sox winner!!!
Not as soon as they're hired though...- ALDS Game 1: White Sox at Guardians. Saturday, 12:00 PM
I don’t think it matters if Cleveland is mad about this if Hagan Smith is dotting a corner for a strikeout. It won’t make them better.- Wild Card Round Discussion
I'm out of the loop, can you elaborate? - Wild Card Round Discussion