All Activity
Past hour
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
Going up against 3 righties (if they go 3). Going to need Mune and Colson to run into some stuff. That is a bit worrisome, especially with Colson lately.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
Sox. Astros. Tuesday. 4 PM. On the COCK!
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
Well, I think it makes sense not to mix the two systems by re-seeding. If it's all about record, need to play a balanced schedule (which I would hate as I live on the east coast). Otherwise, have to treat winning a division like it's better than failing to win a division. This system will help the Sox more than it hurts them. FWIW, home field advantage in baseball is very small. Home teams win about 54% of the time in the regular season, more like 52% in the playoffs.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
Its never going to be perfect. Unless you get rid of divisions, stuff like this will happen. The alternative is AL East teams generally dominating the postseason discussion every year. This is much better.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
A Division winner whose record is not as good as the last Wild Card, some changes are needed.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
I believe it came from a few competing interests: Didn't want a one-game playoff anymore for competitive reasons (too much randomness in the outcome of a single game) Players did not want to reduce the number of regular season games MLB did not want the postseason to end any later in the calendar year (supposedly the TV partners are ready to move on to other programming by late fall, plus the weather gets cold in some markets) So 3 games was the shortest way to go beyond a single game and by playing them all in one place, you don't have to add a travel day. I'm sure rewarding the division winner with a significant home field advantage was a motivation too.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
I will believe it when I see it, and with the off season we have in store, who knows when that will be.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
Game 1, 5 p.m. ET Tuesday (PCK/NBCSN): David Sandlin (CWS) vs. Peter Lambert (HOU) Game 2 5 p.m. ET Wednesday (PCK/NBCSN): Sean Burke (CWS) vs. Hunter Brown (HOU) Game 3, TBD*: Davis Martin (CWS) vs. Hayden Wesneski (HOU) (*if necessary)
-
Colson's future with the team
Maybe he should get his eyes checked/wear glasses
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
Streaming on Peacock.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
I feel like his enthusiasm is so forced it is uncomfortable! Not to mention his "enthusiasm" that falls very flat on "crushed" flyballs are caught 15 feet short of the warning track.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
"The 2026 White Sox won just 84 games, but did so in front of fans that reasoned 75 victories was an aspirational goal, and repaid the overage in enthusiasm. Could they have won more? They certainly thought so, and rue an early-September slide that cost them a division title. They also had 11 walk-off victories, were often stringing together pitching plans that would have made MacGyver nervous, and no team that’s tied itself spiritually to the papacy the way these Sox have can consider themselves starved of blessings." Fegan csuntimes
-
2026 MLB Catch All (Non Sox, Non AL Central)
The participants didn’t change. Unfortunately…we’re going to Houston. Just score early and often.
-
Colson's future with the team
One interesting thing I’ve noticed is that lately when Colson gets “his pitch” in an AB he absolutely crushes it….about 10 rows foul into the right field corner. He’s had about 5-10 of those swings lately that would have been home runs if he had been a tenth of a second later on the ball. The power is still there. He’s still getting killed on breaking balls and changes in and out of the zone. He’s just not seeing the ball very well out of the pitchers hand for some reason. he went 4 for his last 59 with 1 double and 0 homers. It’s easily the worst slump of his career. I think you give him game 1 but if he doesn’t get on base, I start someone else in game 2.
Today
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
I got used to Schriff. He suffered through 2024 and 25 with us. He messes up a lot for sure, but his enthusiasm makes him a homer and I like that in our local Sox announcer. I never thought I would approve of him getting a new contract, but I could live it.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
He wouldn't stop talking about shoveling that "boomstick" down his throat after the Texas series and when paired up with Schriff it had to be the worst booth I've ever listened to.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
I think the Sox can win in Houston, but having watching a lot of both the Astros and the Rangers lately, I would have liked to play the Rangers . bad things always seem to happen in Houston (well not always)
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
The Sox can beat the Astros. It comes down to pitching. The Sox can't have their starter giving up 3-4 runs in the first inning or two, which we've seen too many times lately.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
Or the Phillies/DBacks Or the Padres/Cubs Or the Rangers, etc. and then there's the 162 game comparison for so many modern day baseball records
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
Apparently not so useless for the Guardians.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
I used to think Plesac would be good...but the more games I listened to him...the less excited I would be about him coming into the Sox booth! His over the top stuff just comes across as so forced!
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
And that's fine. I want someone with knowledge of the game.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
That's where we respectfully disagree.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
I actually think a "cookie cutter" PBP guy would be an upgrade over a non-baseball guy like Schriff at least
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
Enjoy whatever recycled PBP guy the sox bring in. Turn on a MLB game and for the most part you get the same sounding home team PBP guy. It's all cookie cutter and we can't handle when someone doesn't fit that mold. I loved Hawk as a PBP guy because he was unique and different, even Harry was different. Most of the PBP guys are white dudes (not trying to turn this into a race issue) who are very similar in how they sound and go about announcing baseball. We need more uniqueness if the younger generation is going to enjoy watching a game like many of us in our 40's, 50's, 60's........do.