Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour

  2. It is nuts................were games really matter you want to play guys at different positions. I'll take Colson's range and height at SS over Meidroth. having a guy adjust to the OF, now put him back for a short series. It reminds of that one guy who was a set up man and thought he could be a closer. Interesting that every Sox forum you go to is now all about Montgomery. Try not to choke on those cherries we pick. We will continue to find ways to make failures all about him. I guess no one realized this is the only baseball team in the playoffs that doesn't have real starting rotation.
  3. Going up against 3 righties (if they go 3). Going to need Mune and Colson to run into some stuff. That is a bit worrisome, especially with Colson lately.
  4. Sox. Astros. Tuesday. 4 PM. On the COCK!
  5. Well, I think it makes sense not to mix the two systems by re-seeding. If it's all about record, need to play a balanced schedule (which I would hate as I live on the east coast). Otherwise, have to treat winning a division like it's better than failing to win a division. This system will help the Sox more than it hurts them. FWIW, home field advantage in baseball is very small. Home teams win about 54% of the time in the regular season, more like 52% in the playoffs.
  6. Its never going to be perfect. Unless you get rid of divisions, stuff like this will happen. The alternative is AL East teams generally dominating the postseason discussion every year. This is much better.
  7. A Division winner whose record is not as good as the last Wild Card, some changes are needed.
  8. I believe it came from a few competing interests: Didn't want a one-game playoff anymore for competitive reasons (too much randomness in the outcome of a single game) Players did not want to reduce the number of regular season games MLB did not want the postseason to end any later in the calendar year (supposedly the TV partners are ready to move on to other programming by late fall, plus the weather gets cold in some markets) So 3 games was the shortest way to go beyond a single game and by playing them all in one place, you don't have to add a travel day. I'm sure rewarding the division winner with a significant home field advantage was a motivation too.
  9. I will believe it when I see it, and with the off season we have in store, who knows when that will be.
  10. Game 1, 5 p.m. ET Tuesday (PCK/NBCSN): David Sandlin (CWS) vs. Peter Lambert (HOU) Game 2 5 p.m. ET Wednesday (PCK/NBCSN): Sean Burke (CWS) vs. Hunter Brown (HOU) Game 3, TBD*: Davis Martin (CWS) vs. Hayden Wesneski (HOU) (*if necessary)
  11. Maybe he should get his eyes checked/wear glasses
  12. Streaming on Peacock.
  13. I feel like his enthusiasm is so forced it is uncomfortable! Not to mention his "enthusiasm" that falls very flat on "crushed" flyballs are caught 15 feet short of the warning track.
  14. Today

  15. "The 2026 White Sox won just 84 games, but did so in front of fans that reasoned 75 victories was an aspirational goal, and repaid the overage in enthusiasm. Could they have won more? They certainly thought so, and rue an early-September slide that cost them a division title. They also had 11 walk-off victories, were often stringing together pitching plans that would have made MacGyver nervous, and no team that’s tied itself spiritually to the papacy the way these Sox have can consider themselves starved of blessings." Fegan csuntimes
  16. The participants didn’t change. Unfortunately…we’re going to Houston. Just score early and often.
  17. One interesting thing I’ve noticed is that lately when Colson gets “his pitch” in an AB he absolutely crushes it….about 10 rows foul into the right field corner. He’s had about 5-10 of those swings lately that would have been home runs if he had been a tenth of a second later on the ball. The power is still there. He’s still getting killed on breaking balls and changes in and out of the zone. He’s just not seeing the ball very well out of the pitchers hand for some reason. he went 4 for his last 59 with 1 double and 0 homers. It’s easily the worst slump of his career. I think you give him game 1 but if he doesn’t get on base, I start someone else in game 2.
  18. I got used to Schriff. He suffered through 2024 and 25 with us. He messes up a lot for sure, but his enthusiasm makes him a homer and I like that in our local Sox announcer. I never thought I would approve of him getting a new contract, but I could live it.
  19. He wouldn't stop talking about shoveling that "boomstick" down his throat after the Texas series and when paired up with Schriff it had to be the worst booth I've ever listened to.
  20. I think the Sox can win in Houston, but having watching a lot of both the Astros and the Rangers lately, I would have liked to play the Rangers . bad things always seem to happen in Houston (well not always)
  21. The Sox can beat the Astros. It comes down to pitching. The Sox can't have their starter giving up 3-4 runs in the first inning or two, which we've seen too many times lately.
  22. Or the Phillies/DBacks Or the Padres/Cubs Or the Rangers, etc. and then there's the 162 game comparison for so many modern day baseball records
  23. Apparently not so useless for the Guardians.
  24. I used to think Plesac would be good...but the more games I listened to him...the less excited I would be about him coming into the Sox booth! His over the top stuff just comes across as so forced!
  25. I actually think a "cookie cutter" PBP guy would be an upgrade over a non-baseball guy like Schriff at least

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.