All Activity
Past hour
-
2026 NFL thread
I hope not. They are getting by without him. Let him rest that hamstring so it doesn't linger the whole season. If I was a betting man, I think he comes back week 8 vs Seattle. I don't think it would make sense to bring him back week 7 against the Patriots since that's a Thursday game. Let him get extra rest for the week 8 game.
-
2026 MLB Catch All (Non Sox, Non AL Central)
Shoulder surgery for Raleigh, wrist for Naylor
-
Playoff tickets
Does anyone know when gates will open to the stadium for the playoff game on Wednesday?
-
ALDS Game 2: White Sox at Guardians. Monday, 4:00 PM CT
It's going to be hard to hit for several innings. Bad time to start a game.
-
ALDS Game 2: White Sox at Guardians. Monday, 4:00 PM CT
How many pitchers managed to get to 15 innings against Cleveland this year? That takes 3 starts or a bunch of work out of the 'pen in today's game. I'd assume it's all AL Central pitchers or guys who changed teams?
-
ALDS Game 2: White Sox at Guardians. Monday, 4:00 PM CT
No free outs for Williams and no free bases for the Guards will be the keys to this one. Make Cleveland work for anything they get.
-
ALDS Game 2: White Sox at Guardians. Monday, 4:00 PM CT
Just saw these stats, hope they continue to prove accurate: The White Sox 3-0 victory in Game 1 was the sixth shutout win in their postseason history and second in the opening game of a series. They beat the Dodgers, 11-0, in Game 1 of the 1959 World Series at Comiskey Park. The White Sox have won their first three postseason games in one year for only the second time. They also started 3-0 in 2005, sweeping the Red Sox in a Division Series. The White Sox lost Game 1 of the ALCS against the Angels then ran the table with eight straight wins. Sean Burke (2-0, 1.04 ERA, 17.1 IP in three games) and Anthony Kay (1-0, 1.27 ERA, 21.1 IP in five games) have the second and third lowest ERAs against the Guardians this year (regular season and postseason combined, minimum: 15 innings). The lowest ERA versus Cleveland this year belongs to the Twins’ Taj Bradley (1-0, 0.90 ERA, 20 IP in three games). Cleveland has not won a postseason series in which it lost the first game since its Division Series against the Red Sox in 1998 (0-7 since then).
-
ALDS Game 2: White Sox at Guardians. Monday, 4:00 PM CT
Excited to see Antonacci leading off. I like being able to pinch-hit Doyle for him in the late innings, should the matchup present itself, as opposed to the other way around. Doyle's glove could be very valuable late against a Cleveland team very capable of walking off any given game, but I'm not excited to see his bat in the starting lineup like we had yesterday like I am for Antonacci. Colson being right before Antonacci makes sense, since any righty brought in for the former shold be a good matchup for the latter. That being said, I feel like I'd like the 9 hole to be someone who gets on base a bit more. Maybe Meidroth? He'd offer the same reliever handedness protection to Antonacci while adding 68 points of OBP as a 'leadoff' guy before the top of the lineup. I think 6-9 being Peters (hits righties), Colson (hits lefties), Braden (hits righties), Meidroth (hits lefties) would work better than going with two batters who hit righties followed by two guys who hit lefties. Who knows. I'm not in the clubhouse, I'm not seeing how they look in batting practice, and I don't know they gameplan on how they're going to deploy the bench. Just feels like we could work to make Cleveland either burn their 'pen quicker or force advantageous matchups.
Today
-
ALDS Game 2: White Sox at Guardians. Monday, 4:00 PM CT
- The Official Scoreboard watching thread
Folks speculating that MIL had a read on Miller's pitches once they got a runner to 2nd- 2027 Rotation
we don't need skubal. Any of the 2nd tier vets will probably sign for 3-4 years at 30-35 AAV depending on how the CBA settles. No reason to take on the risk of Skubal when a perfectly fine 2nd tier guy will eat the same innings at a slightly worse era imo.- ALDS Game 2: White Sox at Guardians. Monday, 4:00 PM CT
Surprised that Kay is starting; he's handled leverage well in his 2 outings. Now they'll have to use someone less-tested or who wasn't pitching well last time we saw them. I would have guessed Newcomb - hasn't pitched well, but can be overcome early. I guess Hudson is the closer.- The Official Scoreboard watching thread
They are at home. I fancy the Braves chances- 2027 Rotation
We have to see what happens with the salary cap, but the Dodgers may not have space if a hard cap happens.- ALDS Game 2: White Sox at Guardians. Monday, 4:00 PM CT
Feels like if we get a lead early the natives in the crowd will get restless and Cleveland will get tight. This is not quite a "house money" game for Chicago, obviously, but it's as close to a non elimination must win as you can get for Clev. All the pressure is on them this afternoon and with the shadows to start the game it will benefit Kay.- 2026 NFL thread
BJ already announced Bagent the starter. I guess this week they didn't want to do any veil at all. I'm curious to see if Caleb gets any reps in - would be a great sign if he at least is limited in practice this week. Or my conspiracy theorist in me says Caleb practices at some point this week and Bears all of a sudden announce him late and it puts Packers in a bind...haha, but I highly doubt it. Feels like at 3-1 they are more than willing to take a chance with their backup QB on road in Lambeau to see if they can steal a win.- Podcast thread
Behind the bastards is a good one. Revolutions by Mike Duncan is also one i recommend.- ALDS Game 2: White Sox at Guardians. Monday, 4:00 PM CT
Gameday boys! Need a big game out of Vargas (6-14 lifetime against Williams) and Beni today… (5-13 against Williams)…- ALDS Game 2: White Sox at Guardians. Monday, 4:00 PM CT
- ALDS Game 2: White Sox at Guardians. Monday, 4:00 PM CT
I feel weirdly confident. I think Kay and Burke both match up quite well, and we've gotten to Williams this year in a way Cleveland hasn't gotten to Kay/Burke- The Official Scoreboard watching thread
Rooting for either Braves or Brewers to come out of NL. Some good games yesterday.- ALDS Game 2: White Sox at Guardians. Monday, 4:00 PM CT
It sure was. As much as it pains me, I think NY has to go a lot higher. They go pretty nuts there, the banging on the walls is pretty cool. I think it's on par with the Rate and SD.- The Official Scoreboard watching thread
Pat Murphy called it the hand of Uecker.- ALDS Game 2: White Sox at Guardians. Monday, 4:00 PM CT
The Gavin Sheets moment in the Astros series while down in series 0-2 is all you need to know. The building was shaking. SD, Milwaukee and Chicago are the top three. Then NY, Atl, LA, Cleveland and Tampa. No rhyme or reason to that at all, just my two cents- The Official Scoreboard watching thread
I find it luck that ball was caught. - The Official Scoreboard watching thread