Everything posted by SoCalChiSox
-
2022 Offseason Plan Thread
Go on Harold...
-
Sox to talk about Semien with Boras
Yes, he is one, but where is the second one? I think Harold suggested Schwarber in another thread but the issue is where to put him considering the glut with DH types and Vaughn.
-
Sox to talk about Semien with Boras
No way. 31 year old (hello aging curve) right handed 2B with career what 770 OPS or so. Umm no. I need two SAVAGE LH bats this offseason. Not switch hitters that are better against lefties than righties. Not sub-850 OPS vs righties. SAVAGE LH bats. Figure it out. I'm tired of this problem. Solve the issue.
-
James Fox: Can’t Ignor-as Boras, Sox will spend
No on Segura. We need quality LH hitter at both RF and 2B spots.
-
Kopech Starting Game 2
How many innings did Kopech need this year to be stretched out for starter duties next year?
-
Bowden mentions Sox potential interest in Frazier
Pittsburgh....duh.
-
Lance Lynn locked up 2 years 38 mill + club option
At a minimum they should keep his innings next year below the level that would trigger the 4th year.
-
6/29 Games
Tell me when he's ready to hit left handed.
-
Sox sign Adam Eaton 1 year, $7m plus option
Joc OPS vs RHP is now .865 I think. Just sayin
-
Heyman: Sox interested in someone on some team. Nightengale: *nods*
Escobar is markedly better against LHP than RHP this season. I'm struggling to understand why we can't just get someone who can actually rake against RHP...considering that you know, that's actually our big weakness.
-
Rick Hahn will speak to media today around 4-5 pm
So what did RH say?
-
Rick Hahn will speak to media today around 4-5 pm
But do they usually announce it like this?
-
5/23 White Sox vs Yankees
Trade for Joc...he is starting to heat up now. Wouldn't cost much.
-
5/23 White Sox vs Yankees
We need good LH bats more than anything. Relievers have alot of volatility. I'd like to buy low on Gavin Lux but I doubt the Dodgers are that stupid.
-
5/23 White Sox vs Yankees
I'm pretty sure JR isnt gonna be on board with 13m a year for 4 years for middle inning relief. And he isnt gonna want to hear about sunk costs either.
-
The TLR Manager Thread
This. He is making it worse and worse every time he tries to dig in. On the other hand, I'm sure the FO would like to see him continue to dig his own grave. If it really turns into a big deal, there is an open fissure with the lockerroom and the team goes into a tailspin on the field, its possible RH and KW could then force JRs hand.
-
5/15: Kansas City @ Chicago White Sox 6:10 CDT
Collins against LHP?
-
Addressing the OF shortage (Robert Injury Spinoff)
Gallo doesn't fit because of the reverse splits issue.
-
Luis Robert grade 3 strain/torn Hip Flexor, est. out 12-16 weeks
That is awesome!
-
Addressing the OF shortage (Robert Injury Spinoff)
Gallo is doing better against LHP than RHP despite being a lefty, so no thanks
-
Luis Robert grade 3 strain/torn Hip Flexor, est. out 12-16 weeks
This sounds more like he is setting up to blame TLR (which is fine) than expressing a realistic and honest viewpoint as to how the FO sees the team.
-
Luis Robert grade 3 strain/torn Hip Flexor, est. out 12-16 weeks
This was the ONLY team I had which actually gave me something to look forward to. Every other team i support had no realistic chance to consistently win for the next few years. It was only the Sox. Now I have nothing. The Penguins might have one more deep playoff run left in them given their current record but the core is aging and it's pretty much done. The Broncos have no QB and even a Rodgers trade is just 2 good year run where you sacrifice alot of picks and the long term which I don't want to do. The Hurricanes will not be going to the CFP anytime soon with Clemson in the ACC. There's nothing to look forward to.
-
Luis Robert grade 3 strain/torn Hip Flexor, est. out 12-16 weeks
Maybe I'm not understanding something. NotCishek also referenced the long term issue with speed and then said this would be a good reason for surgery. So the long term risk is eliminated if there is a surgery? Ptatc?
-
Luis Robert grade 3 strain/torn Hip Flexor, est. out 12-16 weeks
There's basically no reason for me to watch games or emotionally invest at all. I mean it's one thing to say 2021 is gone. It's another to say "oh and BTW we can't guarantee he will be the same even though you waited 4 months for him to return" So why am I watching then? Why did we put up with the rebuild for? Where's the payoff? What am I supposed looking forward to? I can take the loss of the season. I can't take the long term issue.
-
Luis Robert grade 3 strain/torn Hip Flexor, est. out 12-16 weeks
Thanks, JR. I hope you are happy.