Everything posted by SoCalChiSox
-
4-5 GT: CWS @ SEA (9:10 PM CT)
Poppysox, did Nellie Fox have an error every other game? Asking for a friend.
-
4-5 GT: CWS @ SEA (9:10 PM CT)
Old school thinking leads to old school results.
-
Tim Anderson to 10 day IL, retroactive to April 5
I'm not sure they can beat anyone without both TA and Eloy with the bullpen being far less than advertised.
-
Twins/White Sox in similar positions...
I wasn't aware that Minnesota was 1-3. I thought they were 2-1 but maybe I'm wrong on that.
-
4/4 GT- 7:37 CT- Sox vs Halos
Sure there is. Its called the budget.
-
4/4 GT- 7:37 CT- Sox vs Halos
No excuse tonight. We should have won all three games so far. So much for the supposed best bullpen in baseball. Get it done and it shouldn't even be particularly close.
-
4-3 GT: CWS @ LAA (8:07 PM CT)
Why do I get the feeling that the failure to add some extra runs there will end up killing us later
-
4-3 GT: CWS @ LAA (8:07 PM CT)
Straight up Savagery!
-
4-3 GT: CWS @ LAA (8:07 PM CT)
Collins isn't gonna see much time at DH at this rate. Yermin is just savaging.
-
4-2 GT: CWS @ LAA (8:38 PM CT)
And an OBP north of 360.
-
Predict the Lineup
Why would Zack have to miss 3 days? Because they are gonna pitch lefties or because he will backup Grandal?
-
Extensions You’d Like to See
Good point. I'm not sure i trust Carlos to stay in shape after he gets paid. Boras prolly got on him this offseason to get serious since he is gonna be a FA. If he gets a long term deal, he has no incentive to stay that way at least not until the point he gets to be a FA again. And I doubt the Sox will seriously pay more than one pitcher and they would go with Gio over Rodon any day, although they may be priced out of Gio even if they make a real effort.
-
Extensions You’d Like to See
Can't they still use the QO on him if he has a great year?
-
2021 BOLD predictions thread
Robert prolly should bat 5th this year if thats the case.
-
Extensions You’d Like to See
He already said Eloy might be a month ahead of the original timetable, ie 4-5 months rather than 5-6, so its not that.
-
Extensions You’d Like to See
Yeah I just now saw that too. Maybe Lynn?
-
Extensions You’d Like to See
Gio would be a much bigger deal than Vaughn.
-
Sox Sign Jake Lamb
Actually that was more like someone like La Stella.
-
Here we go again- Sox in talks with Puig and Cespedes per Hector Gomez
Hopefully this is leaked to create leverage for a trade so that we can legitimately address LF i.e. not Cespedes or Puig.
-
I thought We Were Stockpiling Talent In The Minors??? To Avoid This Problem
If Collins can be a legit power LH bat with good OBP that will be huge. Particularly since pretty soon there will be an automated strike zone and Grandal's contract is starting to look like a bit of an albatross. Collins has had a great spring and hopefully Narron can help develop him.
-
Colas is coming
If we weren't so cheap we could have had him in the last signing period and he could have been in the minors this year and possibly up next year so we wouldn't have to pretend Eloy was an actual OFer any longer than this season.
-
ELOY HURT! (3/25 Update: Torn Pectoral Tendon, Out 5-6 months))
Why would we want a position versatile left handed righty killer who would only cost on average 7m a year for the three years of our first championship window when instead we can have no depth at all for free?
-
Predict the Lineup
This is pretty good. I dont think Vaughn will stay that low for long. But even the bottom third will be tough on pitchers and they can get pretty good OBP from 789. In fact, it may be the best OBP at 789 of anyone in the league.
-
ELOY HURT! (3/25 Update: Torn Pectoral Tendon, Out 5-6 months))
Collins at DH then I assume. I get the sense this is all trade posturing.
-
ELOY HURT! (3/25 Update: Torn Pectoral Tendon, Out 5-6 months))
If there is no long term damage, why would he be a time bomb at DH?