Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. Chisoxfn replied to DBAHO's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Didn't Day have some injury concerns? Other then that he's a pretty damn good young pitcher. I've always been a fan of his and he'd look great in Sox pinstripes.
  2. I closed it since it was already posted
  3. Chisoxfn replied to a post in a topic in FutureSox Board
    Stumm is on the disabled list. I'm going to do a write up on it in the morning at work
  4. I'm gonna be there or at least I think I will. Gonna be in Chitown next weekend for a wedding. Hopefully I cna pick up something and at least check out the cell. I'm assuming it goes on in front of the stadium???
  5. Chisoxfn replied to a post in a topic in FutureSox Board
    Let me see what I can find out.
  6. No, I think the Sox know they need a front line starter to go deep in the playoffs as well as to better their chances of making the playoffs. However, if Munoz does good, you may see him moved to the bullpen following the trade and then him and Cotts would fight for the 5th spot next year. Plus, it seems like Cotts may be the guy on the way out when they make the trade, most teams seem to be interested in him.
  7. Chisoxfn replied to sox4lifeinPA's topic in SLaM
    Wow Alex, thats a horrible thing to go through. Its great news that the girl is alive and I hope she is able to make a full recovery. Thats awful.
  8. Ya, it is definately a late breaking curve. One that doesn't start to really bite till very close to the plate, which is why its so freaking nasty. Damn thing just falls off the face of the earth. Of course seeing him in Arizona doesn't really do wonders since the breaking pitches don't break well there. Despite that it still looked very good to me.
  9. When I saw it in spring, it seemed like a big breaker that usually went out of the strike zone or hit the bottom part of it. The only time I've seen him pitch was in spring though, so I don't know if he was working on something or not. I'm assuming thats the same curve he always throws cause he was throwing the same thing in the bullpen session.
  10. Only seen him a few times so I couldn't tell ya, but thats a major plus if he is.
  11. Go...this is the one I really think can do it.
  12. Hodges and Veal were both creme of the crop guys. Hodges is going to be a 1st or 2nd round pick.
  13. Moviel wasn't eligible, but rarely does a freshman come in and contribute as a starter, unless their is a need. He'll likely contribute next year. I'm going to say watch out for Fullerton. Winsdor is a really good starter as is Ricky Romero. Then Suzuki is a stud catcher and they just play great team baseball.
  14. Chisoxfn posted a topic in FutureSox Board
    Barons won a day game 8-3. Bullard replaced Courtney Duncan in the 2nd and pitched. Bullard ended up going 6.2 innings for the win. He gave up 7 hits and 2 runs. Great outing BULL Yan and Spidale each had 2 hits, while McNeal had 3. Barons Box Score
  15. Arnie Munoz Will Likely Start on Saturday By Jason Gage June 9, 2004 FutureSox.com It appears that the White Sox have made their decision on who will be the 5th starter on Saturday and that Arnie Munoz will take the mound. Munoz made a brief appearance in yesterdays start for the Barons. He went two innings, giving up no runs on one hit. The Barons ended up losing 4-3 to Huntsville, who scored three runs in the bottom of the ninth. Munoz, who is in his first season as a starter, has been the Baron's ace and is one of the best pitchers in the Southern League. This season he is 6-2 with a 2.13 ERA in 12 starts. In his 67.2 innings of work he has limited opponents to just 46 hits, while striking out 59. He has a very impressive .99 WHIP on the season. Munoz is not the two pitch pitcher he was last year. Munoz features his same fastball (86-88 MPH) that goes well with his devastating curveball, which is one of the best in the minor leagues. Munoz also throws an improving changeup and a good slider to give him a complete arsenal. Typically Munoz keeps the ball down in the zone and when he misses on his breaking pitch the ball almost always ends up in the dirt, rather then hanging over the middle part of the plate. However, this does make him susceptible to the wild pitch, which means White Sox catchers should be ready to block some pitches. He has done a good job of limiting his wild pitches this year (2). FS Take: Of all the 5th candidates so far, Munoz is the most likely to succeed. He not only has decent control but is the lone pitcher of the group to have a true strikeout pitch. Munoz' curve ball is plain nasty and when mixed with his other pitches, he is very hard to hit. If Munoz gets the job done, he still may only see limited time in Chicago, since General Manager Ken Williams is actively shopping for a front line pitcher. Some names that have been mentioned are Freddy Garcia, Kris Benson, and Ben Sheets. Another thing to watch with Munoz is how his arm holds up as the season wears on. While he has pitched a good amount of innings in the minors (for a reliever), he has never been a starter and with his small frame, there are some concerns that he could wear out. Munoz pitched a career high 79.2 innings in 2001 with Kannapolis. However, it should be noted that in 2002 he pitched 72.1 innings with the Barons and then followed that up with a relatively hard work load in the 2003 Winter League. Munoz will be pitching on 3 days rest, so like all previous minor league call ups, he will be on an odd schedule. However, since he only worked two innings of work his last start, his arm should be considerably more fresh and its my personal belief that this option is better then the Sox not letting him make the start and pitch with a few days of extra rest.
  16. Probably just a respect thing. Heck, I don't really know how much input KW really has, especially in the latter rounds. I'm guessing the people running the draft decided to take him then. Your right though, if he's going to U of A he must be a pretty decent player.
  17. Actually, is this really all that bad. He pitched on his normal rest instead of holding him out and going on like 8 or 9 days rest. Seems to me they said, we'll give him a few innings to stretch him out and then let him go on at least a decent amount of rest. I'd rather have him in this situation then sitting about 8 or 9 days.
  18. A little bit of both, but at this stage in the draft you pretty much draft on little things a scout may see. In terms of Kenny's kid, I doubt he'll sign, but he is very very fast.
  19. I don't think so, but I can't be definate. I know Fields doesn't and Gio doesn't and typically not too many later round picks even have agents. A lot of the time they just have an advisor. The Sox usually make it a point to never draft a Boras client.
  20. That don't apply to him, he's compensatory baby
  21. God Damn Right Lefties Rule
  22. Cripes, Okha has been quietly putting up very good numbers for the Expos the past few years.
  23. Check out www.sports-wired.com and enter in his name and you should get his career stats. He is having a good year but is basically a career minor leaguer.
  24. Ya, I'm thinking the same thing. That guy is one huge SOB.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.