Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 08:46 AM) lol nss you are evil I'll start punching his ticket to hell right away!
  2. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 08:40 AM) Dude has T-Rex arms, LT would be a fail. Someone should tell Sam Baker he's bound to suck then. Hell, 32 7/8 (which he was measured) isn't exactly "T-Rex" at the LT position (short compared to the average 34, but not horribly short). Hell, Joe Thomas has short arms for the average. What makes him so good is his quick hands/technique. It does help alot though no doubt, but there's more to it than having freakish arm length. I will say this, he lacks the toughness/the nasty to do it. Funny thing is, he was highly regarded for his pass blocking (average to below average run blocker) in college. He's done almost a 180 two years later.
  3. Yet another NHL player/enforcer passed away. Former Canuck Rick Rypien.. R.I.P. (rumor is he committed suicide from depression) Sad he will probably be remembered for this other than his fighting.
  4. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 15, 2011 -> 12:01 PM) Didn't the first-round draft pick expectations sail quite some time ago? The dude's already an epic bust, we're just trying to determine how much of a bust he is at this point. I still don't think he was given a fair shake (or a longer look) at the LT position than he should have. But I digress.
  5. QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 06:22 AM) there are not a lot of Twins fan shedding a tear over this move. A lot of people, including myself, thought the Twins were going to non tender him in the offseason, so getting something more than a bag of baseballs is a win. How do you look at the Young/Garza trade now in retrospect Jim?
  6. Congrats to one of the best sluggers and one of the best ambassadors in the game.
  7. QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 15, 2011 -> 11:16 PM) I think that's where he was going with that.
  8. SoxAce replied to danman31's topic in FutureSox Board
    My boy Trayce with his 21st homer.
  9. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 15, 2011 -> 05:08 AM) Women. I knew there was a reason why you told me you never touched a woman.
  10. Wotton could miss 4 weeks.
  11. QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 04:38 AM) I would overpay Mark Buehrle. Absolutely, and I think he's worth more than he will get in FA if he opts to go that route. He is one of those prototypical "he's worth more to our team" type guys. (trade or FA signing)
  12. QUOTE (Marty34 @ Aug 14, 2011 -> 05:13 PM) Take this for what it is worth. Spoke with my guy on 35th today. This is the only scenario he knows that has been discussed. 1.) Guillen/Cooper out (presumably will go to Florida) 2.) Williams moved up or moved out. 3.) Hahn new GM. 4.) La Russa/Duncan hired. La Russa/Duncan hire would mean no rebuild. Whoa.. what? Greg Walker must seem like a god to that org.
  13. Play Tyler Flowers more. That is all.
  14. Beckham. I'll change it to Alexei.
  15. QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 12, 2011 -> 03:12 PM) I umpired almost every game when my son was playing Pinto ball (umpire two games and you get your parent fee back...but I was a sucker and umped them all). I liked to be all dramatic. On strike three, I'd point at the kid with my left hand and say "You're outta here, you little bastard!" while I made a punching move with my right hand. Usually the kid would start crying, and I'd toss him and tell him to sit down and think about being a man. The coach would then come out and start yelling. So I'd toss him, too. Outstanding. Very few make me literally laugh out load from my computer.
  16. Happy b-day guys. (R.I.P. the rest of TRU's life after age 27)
  17. QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 14, 2011 -> 02:30 AM) Flowers too Yea.. play him more Ozzie.
  18. QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 09:19 PM) It will be interesting to watch him face some of those Indians pitchers next week. I hope Flowers can learn how to drop the barrel on a low fastball. His batting eye alone (OBP) is a welcomed addition in any case.
  19. SoxAce replied to danman31's topic in FutureSox Board
    QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 09:19 PM) He really is a Jared Mitchell clone Mitchell at age 20, had 40 K's in 115 ABs in Kanny. (.296/.417/.435/.852) Walker (just turned 21) , has 26 K's in only 65 ABs (.182/.260/.212/.472) And Rangel Ravalo is hitting everything in sight. Needs to show an ounce of power though, but good to see.
  20. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 10:24 PM) Things I'm noticing: - Carimi is actually really quick when on the run. Surprising speed, good footwork. Didn't look as good on the 2nd drive. Susceptible to speed rushers on the outside. I think he's gonna be a very good RT in the future. He'll obviously have some rookie mistakes, but I really liked what I saw from him. I know Tice has a hard on for Louis and it was only 1 preseason game (not to mention young), but he was really beyond awful. People were saying Williams was going to be the weak link cause of training camp. I guess that is why you play the games.
  21. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 07:44 PM) Luke Hochevar sucks. If we don't touch him up for at least 5 runs I will be very angry. I'm sure many were saying that about Bruce Chen all this year too.
  22. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 07:36 PM) Of course not, I just think Carimi may be the better player today and in the future. I honestly thought it was strange the Bears moved him to RT. He doesn't have the athletic ability for the left side in the NFL as Webb. He was actually projected as a RT in the future by scouts because of it. Doesn't mean Webb is a better option however, as I think Carimi is the better blocker (though he was further along in development from where Webb was last year).
  23. QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 07:29 PM) This Inside Look with Mark Buehrle is awesome television Pretty much down to the Sox and Cardinals at this point.
  24. SoxAce replied to danman31's topic in FutureSox Board
    QUOTE (Bruce_Blixton @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 06:57 PM) Trayce Thompson hit his 20th homer today for Kannapolis; I know his average is still pretty low and K rate is still high but I think if we're patient enough with him he'll develop into a pretty good ballplayer. Also has a high BB rate. He's developing his power and showing patience very nicely this year. Still has things to work on of course, but this year has not been a total bust for him at all.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.