Everything posted by bmags
-
Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
I have been wondering for a while if part of this is Sox being very confident he isn’t done growing. Some Michael Jordan bones analysis stuff
-
Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
I like the college pitchers more than you, and tomorrow I’m not champing at the bit for prep pitchers. But we will see what they can pull. It is weird to now feel very confident in them developing a guy like prosek and being pumped for it. Still a bit surprised we had to put so much down for Roch
-
Gonzo & Eisert Traded to Pirates for Comp Pick and Jaden Woods
I was hoping to get some more athleticism so far but they are starting to develop some types. They aren’t behind schedule and can probably get a few interesting players.
-
Gonzo & Eisert Traded to Pirates for Comp Pick and Jaden Woods
That asset just netted your precious Jacob Gonzalez, must be pretty valuable.
-
Gonzo & Eisert Traded to Pirates for Comp Pick and Jaden Woods
The white Sox are not making draft decisions based on their current rosters handedness - I hope at least.
-
Gonzo & Eisert Traded to Pirates for Comp Pick and Jaden Woods
I would say there have been few Chicago white Sox player forecasts that didn’t assert extremely rosy WAR as guarantees. He’s not very fast, he doesn’t hit for power, he slaps it the other way. Cool. Never seen the league adjust to make that the downside of a projection that’s for sure
-
Gonzo & Eisert Traded to Pirates for Comp Pick and Jaden Woods
Yeah I don’t get that at all. I don’t know it’s a signal of anything except they like this draft.
-
Gonzo & Eisert Traded to Pirates for Comp Pick and Jaden Woods
I like this trade. Important draft and the budget is part of it. If NIL is reducing value of comp pick, the value is we have more money to outbid NiL. Great move. Should allow us to trade for some pitchers.
-
2026 MLB Draft Thread...White Sox Control Draft/V.Lackey closing fast
just unbelievable the amount of resources these small market teams get. Absolutely embarrassing that any small market team couldn't succeed in today's cba.
-
After the recent play, is the smart move to sell instead of buy?
What have you guys seen in the last 4 years that makes trading a player like grichuk meaningfully better than just keeping him? Have you guys been watching the same league?
-
2026 MLB Draft Thread...White Sox Control Draft/V.Lackey closing fast
One thing I'm hoping for is thinking about the 2024 draft and how it became pretty lukewarm at the top - but was filled with some college infielders. That draft has now had an incredible start which is unlikely to be repeated. They were all a bit faster prospects too, but I do hope that this ends up similarly. Lotta "there are no witts" but there weren't in 2024 either (until griffin), and they still are impactful. So that's my hope anyway.
-
2026 MLB Draft Thread...White Sox Control Draft/V.Lackey closing fast
I'd still take that shot to bring in an athlete like that. But just be pretty clear eyed about it.
-
Mike Vasil "The Wizard"
The thing that sucks for him is if the wand stops working the only reasonable next step is to kill him as a sacrifice. THat's why you don't mess around with magic, but he made his choice.
-
After the recent play, is the smart move to sell instead of buy?
You guys are such losers. Buy all day. Go follow the blackhawks if you want to cheer that s%*#.
-
2026 MLB Draft Thread...White Sox Control Draft/V.Lackey closing fast
I don't know really the answer here, which makes me lean to 'cut a deal', but there's no obvious deal. I'd be happiest with Roch, and am just sanguine on Emerson. For a hs shortstop, i'd prefer some louder athletic tools. I am just gonna hope it works out.
-
And that is a 22-1 [largest defeat in KC HISTORY!] WHITE SOX WINNER
I remember that STL game vividly. I started watching thinking I missed the party at 10-0 only to see even more runs scored from then on.
-
Official NBA 25-26 Thread
Man still hate it but gotta give Bryson graham credit his interviews this morning were pitch perfect on it
-
Official NBA 25-26 Thread
AKME kinda made a show of modernizing on take over and it never really happened. I don't understand the kind of person who could have an nba team and like, kind hate everything about it.
-
“The 78” + "The Railyard" = the future of the Sox and Fire
Was at the office looking down at this site, and just dreaming about how great it will be when Related MidWest makes it sing, especially paired with Ishbia. Just a team with a lot of integrity that does business the right way, I'm excited to see how it goes. Reinsdorf sucks.
-
Official NBA 25-26 Thread
That was a great 24 hrs followed by a sad 24 hrs. I'm not opposed to sending out the 2nds considering you have 2 top rookies and a young team. But just giving them away is sad.
-
Thoughts on selling high on Meidroth?
remember when the mid 10s cubs were good and had a good farm and people were like 'oh they gotta trade X player, they already have starters here' and instead they just hoarded most of them and it was fine and they enough depth to be good for years instead of becoming a 140 loss team in 2 years? I think about that sometimes.
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
I'm not trusting that property brother looking dude
-
A First for 2026 White Sox
I refuse to be too concerned here. This is what happens in baseball season. They need to prevent a 10 game losing streak, but they've looked like they were turning into pumpkins before and came back.
-
6/19, Sox @ Tigers, 5:40 PM, Let’s Take Game 1
Sigh-sert
-
6/16Games
As a system, it does look bad. I guess the only thing I'd ask is if it's a bit of a scouting issue. Extremely tall pitcher with health and control issues? Color me shocked. The only good news with pitchers and why I don't find them that fun to follow is they kinda just figure it out randomly and then are good. Schultz good be great by next outing and then we forget it. It does feel thought hat we used to have a pitching team that was like 'get us very dynamic stuff and we can harness it' and our minors was a bunch of 8 BB per 9IP walk rates but we did find some very dynamic K pitchers. That regime has changed now and maybe some of these high variance guys just aren't getting the same advice to 'harness' it and makes it a bad fit.