Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Danks!!!!!!!!!
Danks looked good, but I would have liked to have seen the killer instinct and pitch over the Uribe/Mack misplay. Hopefully that doesn't mean he has the old Garland thing of falling to pieces when something bad used to happen behind him.
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
This game was a steal. We deserved to lose, and somehow pulled it out of our ass. It might be our year afterall...
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
So today I took the day off of work and stayed home with Madison. We re-watched the no hitter, and I taught her how to boo Sammy Sosa. I am the best dad ever.
-
Tax ramifications of selling stocks
QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 20, 2007 -> 11:22 AM) You sure it's two years? I thought it was only one? Working in trading, I know it is two years, because we use that as a selling point to trade commodities.
-
Oh Imus...
So where is the Roise outrage? http://www.tomdelay.com/home/2007/4/11/if-...take-rosie.html
-
Stocks and investing thread
Yesterday was a second record close, and today the Dow is up about 100 points, in shouting distance of 13000 for the first time in history, and still no posts? Dang, I guess you have to be down for there be any interest in the blue chips!
-
White Sox vs. Rangers, 4/19/07 (W)
Konerko and Crede also had much better approaches last night. Pauly kept trying to go to right and right center, and Crede really was shortening up his swing with two strikes. I also noticed AJ was going the other way with his swings. Hopefully this starts to carry over.
-
Tunnel between Alaska and Russia
QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 12:52 PM) The only way this would work, is if it was powered by the quest for oil. I could of sworn that Siberia had some untapped oil underneath it. If we made a push into Siberia with the help of Russia/and the US that could be the financial model that could make it feasible. I read in an article the other day that they estimate they haven't even tapped into about 98.5 percent of the mineral and energy resouces they have in Siberia.
-
MARK BUEHRLE HAS PITCHED A NO-HITTER!
hey nice Avy... I am stealing it!
-
MARK BUEHRLE HAS PITCHED A NO-HITTER!
QUOTE(NonSoxFanChitownMan @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 11:25 AM) Being a die hard Cubs fan, I just wanted to express my congrats to Mark on his fine accomplishment last night. For you Sox fans, it had to have been one Helluva Rush to see it happen. Congrats Mark on your achievement. Classy move! Thanks
-
Kenny is a funny guy
QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 12:43 PM) I read a little blurb a while back about Ichiro possibly going to Boston, but the rumor being shot down because between Dice-K and Ichiro, neither one of them wanted to play 2nd fiddle to each other. The reason I say that is, while Gooch isn't a major star by any means, if the Sox did infact land Ichiro, maybe it makes Tad want to leave.... Just a thought. Judging by the way Tada handled the two hole as a hitter, I don't believe ego is something that is a problem with him. He sacrficed statistics for two years to try to make his team win, and I don't think playing second fiddle to Irchiro would bother him at all.
-
Kenny is a funny guy
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 12:36 PM) He's already been thrown out by Victor Martinez this season. twice, right?
-
Kenny is a funny guy
QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 11:22 AM) If KW is willing to pay the price (which I highly doubt he is) a trade involving a soon to be free agent Ichiro is not totally out of the question. You're not exactly dealing with a genius in Seattle. And as for KW's question, that was his job this offseason, to find a REAL leadoff hitter and he f***ed that up. It's his own fault that he's backed into a corner yet again. QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 11:35 AM) he's gonna be a free-agent at the end of the year. Seattle might dump at all-star break when there 13 games under .500 I was thinking back at what teams were asking for their departing top line free agents over the last couple of years, and I really don't know about that. It would be awesome to get him, but I really don't think we have a chance, unless Tadahito can sell the Sox better than we ever though.
-
I want to be remembered for...
QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 11:54 AM) Hey, Critic's back!!! How long have you been gone? Who? Never heard of him.
-
cho seung-hui exposed
QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 10:52 AM) I don't see what the point is of figuring out what started this. It's obvious the kid was nuts - he was pyschopath who snapped. Why does there need to be a reason, be it music, video games, movies, or our culture? We diagnose crazies and argue that it's not their fault because some wires in their brain connected the wrong way or they suffer from some sort of chemical imbalance. But when it comes to crazy people acting out there always has to be some outside influence that caused it, especially when dealing with younger people. The kid missed the boat on normal development. It obviously wasn't a result of his environment as his sister grew up to be a Princeton grad with an Economics degree (who is now working for the State Dept on rebuilding Iraq). He should have been put into an asylum a long time ago. He should never have been allowed to attend a public university (or more importantly, STAY at a public university after being labeled a harm to himself) and he definitely should not have been given the opportunity to purchase a gun. The ONE gun related law I'd like to see change would be a background check on any mental health issue. Crazy people should not have guns. Its really easy to say that, its much harder to actually put that into practice. To be honest this pretty much would have just taken the consititution and wiped your ass with it. First of all the spectrum of "any mental health issue" is so huge, there would be no consititutional way of deciding who is fit or not to own a gun. Second would be the fact that it would be difficult to keep a persons medical records private in the scenario you are painting. I guarentee you that statistically you know people who would be labeled as having "mental health issues" who function just fine in everyday society, and you have no clue about. Also realize that anyone who has a mental health issue, doesn't make them crazy.
-
Sox Talk
QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 11:08 AM) Ahhhhh, but here's where they got CLEVER. Their show is not "soxtalk", it's "Sox Talk". Two words!!! I'd like to announce my new show, Com Cast!!!! It's a broadCAST about COMmunism!!! Brian Anderson is the host? QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 11:05 AM) is the name "soxtalk" copyrighted/trademarked or anything? Good question... I don't know to be honest, but I don't think so. I have no idea how laws work in this area.
-
Sox Talk
QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 10:57 AM) Ha, they'd never get this domain. This website is better than anything Comcast could put together. ^ That. I know people have approached Jason in the past with cash in hand, and he has turned them down cold. I bet it would take one hell of an offer to buy this domain. Heck maybe we should be looking an attourney to make sure they aren't screwing up our good name with their s***ty show.
-
cho seung-hui exposed
QUOTE(sircaffey @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 10:51 AM) Exactly. The guy's human trash. There is no reason anyone should give any thought to what he has to say. Certainly not attempt to understand his "message." He doesnt deserve our time. I don't think it is about trying to understand his message as much as understanding him, so that we can try to stop this from happening in the future.
-
Stupid, idiotic commercials.
"Honey who am I?" "Spongebob, NO Pants!" GRRRRRRRR....
-
SOX NO-HITTERS
The Hawkins one is not considered a no hitter either IIRC.
-
Urlacher fined 100K
LMAO. The free advertising is worth way more than 100K.
-
Kenny is a funny guy
QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 10:01 AM) CORRECTION: XBOX 360. I'm poor, so sue me!
-
Kenny is a funny guy
QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 09:57 AM) yeah Ichro is no where near as good as PODS. The quote was were are you going to get a guy, not who could I get on my XBOX...
-
Tape/DVD of tonight's game?
QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 09:57 AM) Yeah, it ran at 11:30 with full pregame and all... Excellent!
-
MARK BUEHRLE HAS PITCHED A NO-HITTER!
QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 09:45 AM) Never thought I'd hear Ed Farmer's voice on the Howard Stern show...but I did today! Were Ed and Howard talking about Sanjaya?