Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14573161/ Discuss
  2. QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 09:27 AM) That's a thought I have as well. You would think you would want him hitting behind guys who get on more often. He will most likely have fewer men on base in the 3 hole. That's my big problem with having Dye hit 3rd. If Pods and Iguchi aren't on, he is wasted, whereas we know Thome and Konerko are going to get on base at a much hirer clip, don't you want your best clutch hitter, hitting with guys on base?
  3. southsider2k5 posted a topic in SLaM
    I was curious about the backrounds on Soxtalk, in order to keep it personal, I am going to make it a poll, and if people want to respond, they can.
  4. Its working for me
  5. Yeah, you definately have to get some kind of edge for taking a 5 game handicap on a bet. Either he gives you killer odds, or some kind of a pot sweetener.
  6. I am guessing a rebuttal is coming shortly? [holds breath]
  7. southsider2k5 replied to beautox's topic in SLaM
    In the book version of The Natural, Roy Hobbs strikes out at the end.
  8. QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 11:05 PM) If you can throw Mark Redman at them for the rest of the season, yes, they're done. They can't hit the soft s***. Anything above 90 they hit. You think there's a reason they hit Vazquez and Contreras but got shutdown by Buehrle? They can't hit junkballers. Sounds familiar don't it? Maybe we should call up Charlie Haeger for the next Twins series
  9. MVP-JD Cy Young Bad Bobby Jenks I know people want to point at the last couple of months for Jon Garland, but that forgets his first couple of months, and the fact that if Bobby Jenks isn't at the back of the bullpen, it doesn't matter if Cy Young himself was in the rotation for the last couple of months, this team would be finished. Jenks has closed every single big game this year, including some long saves, and some 2-3 inning stints to keep extra inning games going. Jenks has been nothing short of incredible for a guy who is basically still a rookie. Jenks is the CY and its not even close IMO.
  10. Pods with another nice night, really keyed both of the first two innings. He was on base 3 times, and stole a base, looking good again doing it.
  11. QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 09:52 PM) This place would be going NUTS if the Sox got shutout by the Royals. Top teams don't lose to the Royals!^%##%
  12. QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 12:16 AM) Fogg was even worse than the crap we threw out there in 2002, however your right about Wells. Wells only went 12-14 in 2002, but he had a very solid 3.58 ERA in 198 innings, and damn that woulda helped out the rotation. Kip Wells would have never put up those numbers for the White Sox. He was a classic "change of scenery" guy.
  13. Another publication kicks the conspiracy theories in the teeth-Popular Mechanics takes on 9-11
  14. QUOTE(VAfan @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 03:13 PM) McCarthy was actually used properly the next night to bail out Contreras after he gave up 5 runs early. His 1-run performance kept us in the game against Santana, and we actually tied the game 7-7 in the 9th, only to lose in 11 innings. So many guys want McCarthy in the rotation. I don't. The man could have won so many games for us if he was used in LONG RELIEF -- for Vazquez, Buehrle, Garcia, and the Count (and even Garland before he got his act together). I'd rather have 3 long stints out of McCarthy per week than 1 start. By now, our starters would have been given the rest they needed to bounce back. Anyway, I think we always do well after rally games that fall short, like the 8-7 loss to the Twins. We could use a little 9 game winning streak right about now. GO WHITE SOX!!! The irony is if McCarthy had been used to start the 6th inning the day before for Vazquez, and he had pitched two to three innings, he wouldn't have been available for nearly as long as he was for relief of Contreras. So guess what... we still would have had Cotts and Riske trying to protect the team again, just on a different day.
  15. QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 03:16 PM) WTH is the point of a TRI-Annual budget...??? I've killed a small forest in the past 2 days printing up bulls*** reports that really have no use and I still can't figure out why in the hell there is a need for an entire - 500+ page - budget revision EVERY 4 months. Oye.. to justify your big salary?
  16. QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 02:57 PM) Definitely for the wildcard. If it's a tie for the division and both teams get into the playoffs either way then the tie breaker is head to head to determine who is the division winner. Yeah if its a tie and one team gets in, its a playoff. If its a tie where both teams get in, just a matter of who is the wild care and who is the division, then it does go H2H. 3 way ties are a whole nother story as well.
  17. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 02:49 PM) Anyone know the tiebreaker rules off hand, for division and wildcard? One game playoff.
  18. QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 01:32 PM) I just went to Wendy's to pick up some lunch. I got a plain grilled chicken filet and a small chili and barely got them both down. The woman in front of me got a double cheesburger with bacon, a biggie size fry and drink, and a frosty. I would explode if I ate all that food. I would die of starvation if I ate that little of a lunch
  19. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 01:20 PM) For these 6 games against TB and KC... 6-0 is obviously ideal, I'd be ecstatic, and we'd likely gain ground on both MIN and DET 5-1 is good, acceptable at least, and gives us a decent chance of gaining ground on one of them 4-2 is not so great, and I'm afraid we may at best just keep pace 3-3 and I'm pissed 2-4 and forget about the post-season 1-5 and they should be embarrassed 0-6 and you might as well call up everyone from Charlotte to audition for jobs In Soxtalk reality... 6-0--> we are the greatest team ever, and are winning the World Series 5-1--> civil war remains the norm on Soxtalk, with brother fighting brother over whether being negative is a capital offense, or being positive can get you excommunitcated from being a Sox fan 4-2 -->Most of the few positives flee for Beirut, as it is more peaceful this time of year 3-3 to 0-6--> Its the end of the World, and certian death will occur because Ozzie said he would kill all of our moms if we didn't come out of this with a winning record. Guillen gets fired, while Forrest Gump and his much superior IQ are promoted to manage the Sox.
  20. QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 11:34 AM) currently the majority of this board rate the team's chances at ZERO, and we b**** that a computer comes up with 40% ^ Soxtalk irony
  21. QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 11:06 AM) I passed by one of the offshore rig repair facilities and they are still crowded with work. That would indicate to me we are still behind in production. I caught a blurp yesterday on CNBC to the effect that there is still 1.5 million barrels per day out of production in the US. I didn't catch whether that is all hurricane related, or if it is including everything.... regardless that is a HUGE amount of daily production.
  22. QUOTE(WCSox @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 10:53 AM) I could be wrong about this, but it might have more to do with demoting Freddy or Javy than Ozzie not liking B-Mac. I can understand Brandon not being in the starting rotation. Besides demoting someone, you would be asking a veteran who has never been in the pen, to learn this on about Labor Day. It doesn't make any sense. I think our contention is that Brandon hasn't been challenged at all in the pen. Montero got thrown out there in the 8th inning of close games. Boone Logan got to face Travis Hafner twice. Thornton got thrown into every possible pressure situation before he showed he had broken through... etc etc. What big situations has Brandon McCarthy been tested in? None.
  23. QUOTE(WHITESOXRANDY @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 10:15 AM) I would love for someone to explain to me how Marte is ranked 12th and Fields is ranked 34th. I am not the biggest Fields fan but it seems to me that he has clearly outperformed this kid and is Major League ready where Marte is not. I also don't see any upside that MARTE has that FIELDS doesn't have. Anybody ? I really believe, based on past history with call ups, and Josh's minor league splits, that he is going to have a really hard time adjusting to MLB pitching. The kid strikes out a ton in Charlotte, and it is only going to get worse up here. I think he will be another one who take a year or two to learn to be a major league hitter.
  24. IIRC, the game was available on MLB.tv last year.
  25. southsider2k5 replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 09:30 AM) we do have that, but it's pretty much a ripoff. You'll get like 30% back. hey old man river, zip it, or i'll break your hip. Why I oughta... SECURITY!!!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.