Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. -Hamas is chartered to the destruction of Israel. -Iran is offering to fund the Palestian government as the West refuses to fund it, until Hamas agrees to recognize Israels right to exsist, and ends violence against them. -Iran is actively pursueing the enrichment of uranium in the open, and in secret trying to get ahold of the materials and knowledge to make a nuclear weapon. -Iran's President believes that the final prophet is immently about to arrive, and that it is his duty to do whatever it takes to ready for his arrival. I don't see a reason to be scared, do you? http://www.cbc.ca/storyview/MSN/world/nati...amas060222.html
  2. QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 12:43 PM) Or instead, we could just fund the cash necessary to upgrade port security. That would never happen. If GWB were to submit the defense budget actually necesary to cover every vulnerability in the USA, we would never hear the end of the screaming about the budget deficits. Even with a 7% increase in defense, not including the wars in Iraq and Afganistan, I keep hearing about how much money is being spent there. Can you imagine the outrage on the hill if we tacked on another 20% or so to fix all of these holes?
  3. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 12:27 PM) You know what? I don't blame the administration responsible for the sectarian conflicts we are seeing now. What I do entirely blame the administration for is for being so naive (at best) or unconcerned with reality to have dismissed outright the possibility of such conflicts from the outset. It comes as a surprise to nobody except the administration and the intel agencies (at least that is the party line) that civil war has essentially erupted. As for the mosque destruction itself, it is the third high-profile attack on a Shiite site in as many days and is a step closer to all out civil conflict. The tombs of two Shia' holy men are located there, and it certainly won't do the cause of Iraqi unity any good. The "conflicts" are almost completely manufactured by terrorists. For the most part this isn't Iraqis killing Iraqis, this is other arabs killing Iraqis, in trying to get Iraqis to kill other Iraqis to cause a civil war. It flies in the face of everything that the Isalmic religion stands for, yet they have no problem doing it.
  4. On topic, but going with the spin that is happening in my head over this... Our port system right now, for lack of a better description is a joke. Last I remember reading, less than 1% of cargo is really inspected, and many ports lack the capability to check for things such as nuclear, biological, or bomb materials within the cargo. If anyone was really interested or has been listening over the last few years, I have listed our ports as one of the two biggest potential "easy" terror targets within the US( the other being our nuclear power plants). To me, I think the US is in a hurry to get out of the port authority business because they know that is would be incredibly expensive to do what the really need to do to make our ports truely "safe", and that with the budget tightening going on, they know they can't get the money to really do it. Everyone is so focused on the airports, airlines, etc, that you never hear many of the other prime targets being talked about, and I think this is a big part of wanting to get this sale done. I really believe the US wants someone else to blame when (notice not "if") the holes in our port security get used against us.
  5. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 11:51 AM) Hey you know, this could be the opportunity of a lifetime. Any of you soxtalkers out there want to start a logisitics company that runs ports??? Can I borrow $6,800,000,000.01?
  6. So if publishing a picture of Muhammed is worth people dying over, I wonder how incredibly tough the protests will be against those who bombed a Muslim holy shrine? With it looking like an Al Qaeda attack, does that mean all of these same people and countries will finally cut off funding and support of these groups? Somehow I doubt it. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4740010.stm
  7. QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 08:00 AM) Out of curiousity, how many companies in the world are in this kind of business anyway? Anyone?
  8. QUOTE(mreye @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 10:45 AM) I used to go under until I got married. So many jokes, so little time
  9. QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 10:21 AM) Juan Gone would probably want to at least compete for a bench job. He would probably just want to be released if he didn't make the 25-man roster at the end of Spring Training. I doubt he would agree to play for Charlotte. Not all jokes have to be green I thought that one would be pretty obvious.
  10. They are a tough call this year. With everyone beating each other its hard to tell if everyone is that good or that mediocre. I am curious to hear the following... How far will the last Big Ten team get (final four, sweet sixteen etc)? Who will be the last team standing to represent the Big Ten at March Madness?
  11. I'd see no problem bringing him in to compete against the slew of lefties if he wasn't injured... What would it hurt?
  12. I see no problems with this... Charlotte might need OFers
  13. QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 09:37 AM) :headshake Exactly what I was thinking as I read the article, and saw what got left out.
  14. Damn I wonder what would have happened if he didn't wash his hands?
  15. southsider2k5 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 08:58 PM) Nothing a 7mm Winchester Mag couldn't take care of. QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 11:14 PM) Yeah, thats a great idea in the middle of a marathon, lol. [insert Dick Cheney joke here]
  16. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 08:29 AM) Perhaps you missed Balta's Post. Security will, at least in part, be handled by this new company. I think he was referring to who would be doing the ACTUAL work. I doubt they are going to bring in a team from UAE to do the physical inspections and hirings.
  17. Unless you have permission from WGN to share it, it can't be posted here. Its their property and we can get in trouble for having it posted here. Sorry.
  18. QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 09:38 PM) A defendant who can afford his or her own attorney is much less likely to be sentenced to die. 95% of all people sentenced to death in the US could not afford their own attorney. Great number, but what does it actually mean? How many murders were committed by people who couldn't afford their own attorney? Its easy to throw bald statistics out there, but without context they are just a bunch of numbers. I don't have the numbers in front of me either, but we all know that a lot crime is directly related to ones socioeconomic standing in life. The poorer you are, the more likely you are to have committed a crime. For whatever reason, that is the way it is. To me its only logical that people who are the most likely to be committing crimes, are also the most likely to be committing the big crimes as well, so when you say 95% of people sentenced to death couldn't afford an attorney, it just makes me say "Duh".
  19. Awesome. :usa I am glad someone actually read the new testment about loving your fellow man as you do yourself.
  20. Funny you didn't include the VERY NEXT paragraph.
  21. Out of curiousity, how many companies in the world are in this kind of business anyway?
  22. QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 07:20 PM) McCarthy really comes off as a genuine student of the game. He is very intelligent when expressing how he wants to do things and he never seems rushed about anything. Im really excited to have this kid in the organization. The kid is a baseball genius and he comes by it naturally. Listening to his clinic you could tell Bmac is a sponge of every baseball mind he has ever been around.
  23. Please excuse the housekeeping, and post away...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.