Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Frank Thomas signs with Oakland Athletics
Yeah I am curious if there is more to this story too. He seemed to be getting it during the last couple of years with Ozzie as the manager. I cannot imagine with Oz as Mgr and KW as GM that he didn't know anything. Until proven otherwise, I just can't believe that, it doesn't make any sense.
-
Frank Thomas signs with Oakland Athletics
Geesh. After last season I thought Frank had matured when it came to this kind of stuff. All he had to do was say "thank you Chicago" and move on. Instead he has to take a shot at everyone again. And in all seriousness what did he expect? He has had major season ending surgeries in 3 of the last 5 or 6 years, did he honestly expect the Sox to do nothing and sit and wait for him again? Could he seriously not see the writing on the wall? His last two injuries are directly related to his size wreaking havoc on his body, and the Sox were just supposed to assume he would be OK? Sad. Really sad.
-
The Official Soxfest Thread
QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 08:08 PM) Mike.. if you have a little 6 pack cooler please bring it tomorrow. We will need it to keep the beverages cold while waiting in line. I'm bringing cards. Maybe Monopoly also... I don't think we have anything... I'll check though.
-
What have you been reading?
QUOTE(3E8 @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 01:12 PM) I just finished this as well. Turned out to be one of the most dissapointing books I've ever read. You basically need no understanding of economics to follow the book. I was hoping for a delve into deeper economic analysis or at least some more explanation of the data manipulation but the book was written at a Jr. High level. Most of the focus are on a few hidden ideas that I never really thought about, but wasn't surprised/didn't care about once they were revealed. At least one of his assumptions is very misleading as well. If anyone else was curious about this book, I'd definitely check-out instead of buy. Like I said it's a real light read which you can easily finish in less than a week. It was never meant to be all of that, and that is why enjoyed it. Most books like that are so deep on theory and calculus that they lose track of the human element. I loved the real world feel to it.
-
My White Sox Cabinet
Very nice job
-
The Official Soxfest Thread
QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 07:34 PM) Is there a soxfest get together or anything going on for the folks here at soxtalk? Sorry if this has already been addressed I have been so busy as of late. We all meet up at the bar every night after the fest ends. Heck that's where half of the fun comes anyways. Come on out and introduce yourselves, we love company
-
The Official Soxfest Thread
QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 03:40 PM) We'll be hard to miss because you, steve, keith, and myself all have that jacket. Well I know which jacket to leave at home
-
GM lost $5 bln in the 4th quarter
QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 04:27 PM) I'm thinking about buying a 2006 Impala SS. Anyone know anything about it? I have a 2004 that I love. Personally I would never buy a car that is in its first year after a redesign... Too many recalls as the kinks get worked out. My car stories... 1988 Chevy Cavalier- Got 130,000 miles out of it 1989 Grand Am-totalled in the first month I bought it 1991 Grand Am-Stolen with 120,000 miles on it 1994 Grand Am-Totalled with 120,000 miles on it 1997 Lumina- Still running with 108,000-No real problems so far 2004 Impala- Still going with 27,000-No probs so far
-
GM lost $5 bln in the 4th quarter
QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 03:41 PM) Do any of you drive a GM car(s)? Just wondering. I own two. As a matter of a fact, I have never owned anything but US cars. 3 Chevy's, 3 Pontiacs, and a short lived Ford.
-
For GOP only
- scary, very scary
All right guys, as funny as this has been, it needs to stop. Its been the same people over and over again, and it is killing theads. Once it is funny... more than once it is become a pattern and must end now. I don't want to see you guys in an arguement again, please.- scary, very scary
Malatov threads. Add one seemingly benign topic, mix in one SBIMI, three regular posters, and watch the thread explode.- GM lost $5 bln in the 4th quarter
http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=1...nNE0&refer=home- Palestinian Elections
QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 11:18 AM) Don't. Hold. Your. Breath. They have already started to do so... A couple of days ago they were quoted in the papers as saying they would talk to Israel again.- Student Loans
Sallie Mae is pretty solid. You can manage your account from beginning to end on-line.- What have you been reading?
QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 10:48 AM) I got that for Christmas and its like one or two books away from me. Looking forward to it. Its really, really different. Some of the stuff i wonder about the correlations, but other stuff just grabs you.- The Official Soxfest Thread
All right. T-minus one day and counting.... Its now time for final roll call just for ease of finding names. I'll be there Friday. If anyone wants to say hey, I'll have on the old school Ventura 23 jersey from the early 90's sans the name on the back. I am also going to go with the 1926 style hat (blue with two white socks cross) which is pretty nasty looking. Look forward to seeing everyone!- Konerko warms to 'C'
Nice choice Pauly- President's News Conference
He has also talked about the domestic spying.- Official NBA Discussion Thread
QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 05:43 AM) Has anybody heard of a Chris Mihm for Nocioni trade? That's the talk on multiple Laker boards. Let me just say I will buy a gun and shoot John Paxson myself if he makes that deal. They had better not even think about it.- President's News Conference
Judging by a couple of things that just hit the news wires, i am guessing it is to do with making the tax cuts permanent.- Desmond Clark named to Pro Bowl
When they add Clark as a needs player, did they leave out the "Special" part?- scary, very scary
QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 10:46 PM) Peavy...no rings Zambrano...no rings Carpenter...no rings Zito...no rings Santana...no rings Prior...no rings Halliday...no rings Harden...no rings Total...NO RINGS! Timo Perez>Albert Pujols&Barry Bonds- What have you been reading?
Not much freetime anymore, but I did just finish "Freakanomics" and it was one of the best books I have ever read. Simply incredible.- Yay, 10,000
Welcome to the big boys table Alex - scary, very scary