Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Just to add my two cents to the thread... Cleveland is a really good place to see a game. Just make sure if you sit in the LF bleachers, do not sit in a high row or you have to listen to the @#$%er with that G-D drum the whole game.
  2. It also seems to me that he regularly visits a kid who wrote to him, who has the same disease as his kid... I can't remember details, but I think it was Pujols... anyone else remember this?
  3. They did say this morning the Sox were planning some sort of recognition at their next home game, FWIW. RIP Chico
  4. QUOTE(winodj @ May 27, 2005 -> 08:45 AM) Cause noone covered the Iraqi elections. Sure they did... they covered the suicide bombings, low turnout, people afraid for their lives etc...
  5. Happy Birthday Frank!!! Get well soon big fella
  6. QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 27, 2005 -> 08:50 AM) No. As much as I want to, there's just too much going on. We're going Sunday. Damn too bad. I was hoping you would get to see Brandon live. Well have fun on Sunday.
  7. We need a 100% Frank Thomas in the middle of the line up to take the pressure off of some of these guys.
  8. QUOTE(DePloderer @ May 26, 2005 -> 06:54 PM) Here in England we don't mow the lawn or cut the grass...........We get the wife to do it.
  9. I have done some new updates for us at my blog. Both baby updates, and looking for a new home updates... http://www.boringtheworld.blogspot.com/
  10. QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ May 27, 2005 -> 01:05 AM) True It's amazing how a story about how newsweek f***ed up gets infinitely more coverage than the story of an innocent man being killed in US custody via his legs being beaten so badly that a clot stops his heart. Or that any of it gets more coverage than people who are experiencing freedom of all kinds for the first time.
  11. southsider2k5 replied to DBAHO's topic in SLaM
    DBAH0, PM JimH. I swear the guy is a travel agent, as he knows everywhere. I know he has posted extensively on different Arizona spring training towns, so I have a feeling he would know Pho.
  12. No doubt about it. He was much more assertive and relaxed in the booth. He gave me the same nothing scares him feeling, that Black Jack had out on the mound. He was excellent.
  13. Well after reading this thread, I think we figured out who Hideaway Lights is...
  14. QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ May 27, 2005 -> 06:56 AM) Last night was his 10th start. Here's the breakdown by inning of when he gives up runs: Inning 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Runs 3 4 1 4 3 2 7 Also, he has given up 3 runs an inning twice: once in a fourth inning, and once in a seventh inning. He has given up 2 runs in an inning 3 times, a second inning, a fifth inning and a seventh inning. So, yeah, you might want to yank him after 6. Two words: pitch count Contreras throws a ton of pitches, so it isn't any big surprise that he gets tired in the 7th inning. They have definately improved tihs year on getting him deeper, but with as much movement as he has, he is always going to chuck a ton of pitches up to the plate.
  15. QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 27, 2005 -> 07:29 AM) Texas is playing some good baseball, too. This should be a great series this weekend. You going tonight?
  16. Happy Birthday
  17. Happy Birthday Jim!!! Here is to plenty of sunshine and good beer
  18. QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 26, 2005 -> 05:32 PM) "Yeah, Jaret Wright sucks. Me and my 5.20 ERA would have been a much better choice!" Personally I think Orlando Hernandez will put up much better numbers than either of those ass-clowns.
  19. QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ May 25, 2005 -> 09:30 PM) I know, some people around me are rubbing off.. EDIT: I think I should just step away from the labtop... Or just type with one hand
  20. THE WIDGE DOES YARD WORK!!!! 4-0 SOX
  21. QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 25, 2005 -> 09:25 PM) Strikeout leader? Yes. His ERA is 4.51 in the minors I believe. May be higher than that. His win loss is 3-5 I believe. Look at his minor league stats again. http://thebaseballcube.com/players/brandon_mccarthy.shtml
  22. Freddy had a nice first inning. It is really encouraging to see the Sox hold a team scoreless after putting up a crooked number.
  23. QUOTE(danman31 @ May 25, 2005 -> 09:20 PM) Yeah, he reeked of a one year fluke. That or roids. Either way, he won't put up the numbers he did last year. Especially with him playing in the offensive deadzone that is Seattle.
  24. QUOTE(WilliamTell @ May 25, 2005 -> 09:21 PM) lol it's quite alright. I think most of us here agree with it. I know I do.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.