Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 08:26 AM) That is great news. I've always liked Joe. I have too. He is one of the few good writers who can write an negative article and be able to back it up, both with his writing, and with his facts.
  2. Anything more than pictures of these guys?
  3. Congrats to you guys. I speak from experience when I say that you will remember this season for the rest of your lives even with the title game loss. This was a special season, and even though it hurts now, time will smile upon this team more than you will ever know.
  4. http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...1,4728961.story
  5. now I am getting blamed for that? There is a reason I dropped out of this thread pages ago.
  6. QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 07:34 AM) I know a lot of liberals who attend church. I wasn't putting you into the "nihilist" category and don't see how you drew that conclusion. FWIW, my grandmother (a Presbyterian) disowned two of her daughters because one married a Catholic and the other married a Jew. I agree that Christians hating Christians (or Jews or Muslims, for that matter) is stupid. Christians hating anyone is stupid... but then again what does the bible know.
  7. Will the Sox still hold onto the kid? Any chance he could be released to send a message?
  8. Good to hear. Hopefully he is well on his way to full remission.
  9. I hope so. Garcia's fastball will look real fast when pitching in between MB and El Duque.
  10. I don't know if it was bothering him. His last spring start kinda scared me because MB was missing high, which told me he was afraid to push through on his foot, and get good and low to follow through on his pitches and get the ball down. This start, everything was right on, and he was missing just off of the corners, low and high... mixing it up like usual.
  11. I really liked the way the Fundementals flowed into the park. The brick and steel work made it look like it had been there all along. It was really well done. The scout seats looked all right, and will look much better when the match the rest of the seats in the park.
  12. QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 05:36 AM) Somewhere, in one of the many articles I've read on the game, it was stated the Peirzinski asked for and received tapes of Buehrle vs. Cleveland games. He studied them and knew how Buehrle wanted to approach the Tribe hitters by watching what he had done in the past. This does not sound like a catcher that won't work with his pitching staff to me. Of all of the changes we made this year, no doubt AJ has the chance to make the biggest impact. We have had so many crappy to, at best, ok catchers since Pudge got run out the door, that even a good catcher like AJ can be a huge benefit to everyone around him.
  13. ALC Twins 90-72 Sox 85-77 Indians 75-87 Tigers 74-88 Royals 58-104 ALE Yankees 103-59 Red Sox 91-71 Orioles 85-77 Rays 73-89 Jays 72-90 ALW Angels 98-64 Rangers 86-76 A's 80-82 M's 73-89 Angels over Red Sox Yankees over Twins Angels over Yankees NL Mets over Dodgers Cardinals over Braves Cards over Mets World Series Angels over Cardinals
  14. Well this is Terrells big chance. If he can't learn how to be a WR with the Patsies, it ain't gonna happen.
  15. QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 05:45 PM) He didn't get tossed, he was pulled. THen in typical punk cub fashion (like Wood did against STL last year) he goes after the Ump because he knew he couldn't be ejected. You can be ejected after you are pulled out of a game. It just means you can't sit on the bench anymore.
  16. QUOTE(winodj @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 12:57 PM) That's more the reason I'm thinking he's going. There would be an uproar if he didn't. Which is an interesting thing of how much the country has changed since Kennedy was elected President. We went from everyone being afraid the Pope would run the country, to being pissed off if we didn't send the President to the funeral.
  17. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    I live in Indiana, we have guns.
  18. Great T-shirt I saw today. If you choke a smurf, what color does he turn?
  19. QUOTE(danman31 @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 06:47 PM) Now you have to tell us what your last name is. I know it!!!!
  20. I probably won't see another game until May, but I am going to try to round up the parents and in-laws and take the whole clan to a game.
  21. QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 08:29 PM) I was watching the 1978 (I think that was the year) game where Bucky Dent hti the homerun to win it for the Yankees, and my dad turns and tells me, "That's what was so much better about the game back then than it is today." And he tells me to look at the pitcher, and, just like Buehrle, it was get the sign, throw it, get the sign, throw it. Nice and quick. The big difference is that many managers call games from the dugout, which slows it down a bit. When you have a battery like AJ and MB, Ozzie could go Jerry Manuel and take a nap.
  22. I wasn't a fan of the PA either. Its hard to say how good he really was, as we are spoiled by the golden tones of Gene Honda.
  23. Today was a thing of beauty in every aspect. Pretty weather great defense. nice executions incredible pitching AND A WHITE SOX WINNER~!!!
  24. QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 03:06 PM) People called me crazy when i sacrificed an orphan boy to the baseball gods last night.... but now who's laughing? Who knew kids were that hard to kidnap? Damn was he a fighter.
  25. QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 08:15 PM) I was at the game, in great seats. Westbrook was a stud today, every bit as good as Buehrle. Iguchi and Podesdnik both looked overmatched today but I was not shocked, Westbrook was that good. Buehrle and Shingo were better ... it ended up as a win, and IMO credit is due to Pierzynski, he called a magnificent game. Sox did just enough executing on offense to get it done. Very frankly with the way those two starting pitchers were dealing, I'm surprised anyone scored. It was a pitchers duel, plain and simple. One win in the column, let's focus on Wednesday. No doubt that AJ and MB were in the rocking chair today. No sooner would Mark get the ball back from the previous pitch, and he would have his sign and be in the windup again. It was a thing of beauty. Groundball, after groundball.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.