southsider2k5
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Forum: Pale Hose Talk
Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Cool Piece of History
Clutch as usual, Robin hit grand slam #18 last night, and is getting a gift for it. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=240907119
-
Who do you want?
I think of it like this. If you had an extra 10-20 million to spend would you brag about it? No because it would only hurt your barginning positions, because everyone would know you had more money, and would try to get at it. It's just like showing your hand in poker.
-
the count
And hopefully by the guy blowing up like this, Ozzie can get his point accross to throw more fastballs. A pitch like that forkball is only effective, when they aren't looking for it. If you know it is coming, and it starts anywhere from the thigh area down, you know to lay off of it for a ball. If it is in the back of your head that the pitch might be a fastball you have to swing.
-
Garland in Relief?
For some reason Ozzie is managing like the Sox are still in this. I really wish they would make the transition over to playing for next year. This team isn't going to make it, and they are missing a golden opportunity to give these kids a month of development. Some guys just shouldn't be playing much at all anymore, such as Timo, Jose, and Robbie. We know what they can do. We need to see as many AB's and IP's for the rookies.
-
Is Rock and Roll dead?
I wanted to get the opinions of people on here. With all of the specialization of music, and all of the subcategories of music, does rock n roll still exsist? Are their groups out there today who can trace a straight line back to the beginning? I am curious to hear reactions and opinions.
-
Moment of Silence
This is a great write up from CNN that puts a human face on the 1000 deaths. http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/09/07/...n.ap/index.html And for those who aren't from the area, I highly recommend you to read the Chicago Tribune's articles on the deceased soldiers. They really get into the lives of these people, and have had something on very close to everyone who has died.
-
AL Central Farm Report
For us laypeople, what parts bothered you? Just curious.
-
About church
Biblically speaking, a big part of believing, is turning your life over to God. If you read the new testament, and the words of Jesus, it is said over and over that people will see God in you, if you are truely a believer. I could site more but the best thing you can do is read the new testament for yourself. Read the verses, and then pray to God about them.
-
Jeff Bajenaru
Yeah Munoz looked like a real pitcher out there tonight as well. More and more I agree with Hawk's philosophy that pitchers coming out of the minors should work out of the pen before they start at the ML level. That way you control the match ups and put them in the situations with the best chance to succeed. It has really seemed to work much better than bringing these guys up and throwing them to the fire. Yeah we got our asses kicked last night, but I took some real positives from the game
-
Jeff Bajenaru
Baj reminds me of Jon Adkins. Not a lot of press, but a whole lot of guts and guile. I really think he has a good shot at success. He hasn't looked itimidated at all, which is in direct contrast to just about every other pitcher call up we have seen for years.
-
Jeff Bajenaru
The bounces went his way a lot more tonight. He was the vicitim of some bad luck his last time out. I have no doubt this kid will be in the Sox pen next year, barring a huge trade or signing.
-
9/7/2004 Game Thread
I guess we need to help him out
-
9/7/2004 Game Thread
First of many MLB K's for Baj
-
9/7/2004 Game Thread
Let's go Jeff B!!!!
-
Charlotte Knights: A Year in Review
Nice write up.
-
9/7/2004 Game Thread
Espesially with Munoz and Baj down there who haven't pitched at all. This is the time to get those kids some work.
-
9/7/2004 Game Thread
Uribe has a better arm than anyone on this team. That is why he is playing SS. And on that particular play it doesn't matter if you are playing SS or 2B, it is the exact same play either way. You recieve the ball, transfer it, and throw it. It doesn't change at all.
-
9/7/2004 Game Thread
Jose isn't playing SS, Uribe is
- 9/7/2004 Game Thread
-
9/7/2004 Game Thread
And that is why they keep harping on that play. Heck I thought Valdez was up here for his defense? He ain't gonna last long if he can't make the pivot at second base.
-
Chicago Tribune
Personally I hate the Sun Times. It is written so simple and there is no depth to the news or stories. You might as well be reading the cliff's notes or depending on the evening news. Plus I despise the sensationalism that they use for the headlines.
-
Yahoo IDP Fantasy Football League
'itsalright
-
Moment of Silence
I was just wondering if you had another source, that's all You never know.
-
Moment of Silence
2749 is the official number... Is there a reason you have about 300 more people, or was that a guess off of top of your head? Just curious. And God Bless each and every one of these soldiers and their friends and family.
- 9/7/2004 Game Thread