Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
KW says "no Puig"
He’s definitely the ideal platoon mate for Mazara, but he’s still better against LHP than Nomar and his reverse splits do help in the event of an injury.
-
KW says "no Puig"
If Eloy or Mazara goes down, we’re looking at replacement level production or worse in one of our OF spots. I think that would be the main reason to add another OF, whether that be Puig or someone with less baggage.
-
Food Thread
Lou’s is the GOAT. Living in Nashville in fucking pizza hell. We legit have to get Pizza Hut on the weekends because we live in the burbs...
-
KW says "no Puig"
Gennett would still be a fantastic add, but he would probably a better shot at full playing time.
-
OF Prospects - Who will Rebound in 2020?
This question actually came up on the Sox Machine podcast this week and Jim Callis said he’d go with Micker or Basabe and ultimately chose Adolfo due to the higher ceiling. Also, his view was that LuGo is just a guy and wasn’t overly high on Rutherford given his complete lack of power (he cited Madrigal having more doubles last year than Blake had total XBHs).
-
KW says "no Puig"
Agreed, as long as he’s reasonably cuttable and Abreu has vouched for him I’ll ok with it.
-
KW says "no Puig"
Better not let Stone see this tweet! But seriously, not sure how I’d feel about this, but we could definitely use a better insurance policy than Palka / Delmonico in the event Eloy or Nomar goes down.
-
Most Memorable Sox Game You've Attended?
You are lucky man, I can home from college for game 1 but watched game 2 on TV. As cool as it was being at the first White Sox World Series game in nearly 50 years, there is no question game 2 is the greatest game in franchise history.
-
White Sox Spring Training Thread
Woof...those INTL slots for relief prospects has not worked out for us.
-
2019-2020 Official NBA Thread
What is his thing then?
-
Most Memorable Sox Game You've Attended?
Game 1 of the World Series Blackout Game (2008 tie-breaker) Cubs-Sox Pierzynski vs Barrett (5-20-16)
-
OF Prospects - Who will Rebound in 2020?
What tool is missing? Hit tool?
-
Sox sign CF Gorkys Hernandez to minor league deal
Basabe only has one option left and spent parts of two seasons with Birmingham, so he should definitely start this year in Charlotte IMO.
-
White Sox Spring Training Thread
Gotta love the fluff portion of spring training!
-
OF Prospects - Who will Rebound in 2020?
That would be the dream. He has far & away the most upside of the four, but has lost so much development time. He needs a full season of at-bats to demonstrate continued improvement in his plate discipline. Plus seeing him in the field would be nice as his arm was plus plus before the TJS and it’s impossible to say where it stand today.
-
OF Prospects - Who will Rebound in 2020?
My vote right now is for Basabe. I think injuries, especially the hamate one, basically resulted in a lost season for him last year. If he’s healthy, I’m expecting a nice rebound in 2020 and moving from Regions Park to the IL juiced ball / BB&T will help make that more evident.
-
OF Prospects - Who will Rebound in 2020?
Alright, we’ve got four outfielders that will be in AAA & AA next year that are consensus top 15 prospects but are also coming off disappointing seasons. Which of these four, if any, is most likely to rebound in 2020 and present themselves as a major league OF option going forward?
-
Michael Kopech
Kopech had one of the best sliders in the minors, just needs to further develop the curve but he threw a few nasty ones in his short time with the Sox.
-
KW says "no Puig"
I think it’s somewhere in the middle. Puig is probably looking for a starting gig with ~$10M guaranteed and teams aren’t willing to meet that price given the clubhouse concerns. I think if he was willing to accept like $4M or less someone would take a gamble on him.
-
Job Thread
Sure, but not everyone fits that narrative and that was my point.
-
Job Thread
Don’t overthink it. If you haven’t been part of Corporate America for a while, I think going to a familiar setting was the right call. I’m happy for you man, I know it’s been a tough process but just view this as the beginning of something good even if it’s not the job you’ve been dreaming of.
-
Job Thread
But why aren’t you pumped about this? I really don’t get it man.
-
FS: Top 30 Mailbag Questions
Stiever without question.
-
Job Thread
Seems like you should be pumped about this? I assume you are getting full benefits right?
-
What would it take to get Nolan Arenado?
Say Clown McClownface now but is temporarily suspended.