Everything posted by Timmy U
-
9/13 Games
Colas HR was a moonshot. Over the scoreboard.
-
9/13 Games
Colas and Veras also homered.
-
9/8 White Sox @ Athletics 8:40 CT
The way things are going, Eloy still has a chance to lead the team in HRs.
-
Rule changes voted in Friday...
Banning the shift is ridiculous. It's going to look like the era of all those illegal defense calls in the NBA. If Tampa wants to stick 7 guys in right field, that's their right.
- 9/8 Games
-
TLR out for the year
I'm not sure it's that easy. I am in a very pressure-filled business. When I let that pressure get to me and transmit it to my team, it hurts everyone's performance. People get tight. When I stay relaxed and confident, the team performs better. If TLR is gripping it because he wants to win so badly and that translates to the players, I think people will play tighter and it will make them worse. But, then again, I'm not in sports, so maybe it's different.
- 9/5 Sox @ Mariners GT, 5:40PM CT, NBCSC
-
Upcoming roster decisions
He is a FA in a month. DFA at this point costs you nothing. Sox have like 15 guys on the 40 man who are either FAs at the end of the year (Cueto, VV, Abreu, Andrus, Harrison) or easy DFAs (Aybar, Bilous, Crick, Tobias Myers, Severino, Haseley, Payton, I would also consider Mendick, and Stiever). There is not much of a roster crunch currently or in the foreseeable future.
-
Fire Cairo?
I would at least interview outside candidates. Hahn said that he was going to do that last time, in part, to get ideas about how other orgs do things. It’s sort of like free industrial espionage. Interview people from orgs like Tampa, LA, Houston, Baltimore, etc. Maybe they’ll get some new ideas. Currently, they are a stagnant pool of how baseball teams operated in the late 90s.
-
9/4 Games
Huge offensive day at Birmingham. Colas 3-6 HR 3 rbi. Mieses also 3-6 with a HR. Veras had a HR too. In Charlotte Sosa 2-4 with a double. The NP line up at WS is facing a perfect game.
-
Heads Up: Site is all upgraded and we are back
Awesome job! Thanks for all the hard work.
- 9/1 Games and 9/2
-
9/2 GT: Sox v. Twinkies 710CT - A new leaf turned?
A foot outside.
-
9/1 Games and 9/2
Barons win in 11. Rough game for Colas 0-6 3Ks. I think he may be wearing down. Gotta be a long season after 2 years away from the game.
- 9/1 Games and 9/2
-
9/1 Games and 9/2
HR Duke Ellis. Dalquist has been super shaky, but it's 1-1.
-
9/1 Games and 9/2
Charlotte won. Nice game for Perez 2-3 with a HR. So sad that the September call ups are both offseason release candidates Adam Haseley and Matt Foster.
-
9/2 GT: Sox v. Twinkies 710CT - A new leaf turned?
Legit question: Is Vaughn, Pollock, Sheets legit the worst semi-regular defensive outfield in modern baseball history?
-
8/31 Games
I bet you he gets another year. He's a huge guy who's pretty athletic for his size. Cabera Weaver, on the other hand...
-
8/31 Games
Charlotte lost. Odd game for Sosa 3-5 with a HR, but both outs were GIDP.
-
8/31 Games
The streak is ended. Despite a horrific 9th fro Adisyn Coffey, Kanny holds on and wins 5-3, while W-S also survives a shaky 9th to win 10-3.
-
8/31 Games
My count is 14 (AA) + 6 (AAA) + 1 (mlb) = 21. Maybe I'm wrong about how many he hit in Birmingham.
-
8/31 Games
Bummer pitched a scoreless inning for Charlotte. He'll come up in plenty of time to get some meaningless innings in by the end of the year.
-
8/31 Games
Sosa Home Run. I believe that's 21 for him at all levels.
-
8/31 Games
Bilous gives up a 5 spot in the 3rd with 2 walks and 2 HRs. Hate to harp on the guy, but how the heck can he stay on the 40 man?