Crosstown Cup Game Thread, Game 1

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 10:22 PM)
IMO with Arrietta it is all about his command. When he has it, is is almost unhittable, when he doesn't, he is human,

I mean, he really wasn't all that great when he was with Baltimore for a few years. I wonder how it just "clicked" for him when he got to Chicago.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Scoots @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 08:23 PM)
I mean, he really wasn't all that great when he was with Baltimore for a few years. I wonder how it just "clicked" for him when he got to Chicago.

He's a little overrated those NL pitchers always are. But he's still good.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 09:19 PM)
To come out against Arrieta and play like this I'm a little surprised. Maybe this team isn't dead in the water yet after all.

God I hope you're not Hahn. If you are, learn from last year -- a week stretch of good baseball shouldn't change your opinion of this ballclub. Sell

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 08:26 PM)
Great game by Gonzalez. Watching CSN and avoiding the negative talk. Mark my words Sale does not get traded

If they really want to move him I'd prefer they be patient and wait a year or two for someone to knock their socks off.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 08:28 PM)
God I hope you're not Hahn. If you are, learn from last year -- a week stretch of good baseball shouldn't change your opinion of this ballclub. Sell

There's no reason to panic sell at a time when your team is reeling and other GM's recognize that and will try to take advantage of an emotional hit of the panic button. Why do you think Hahn's phone is ringing off the hook in the past week? A lot of terrible emotional losses when the team was already on the edge of being out of it.

It's like a bunch of vultures circling a dying animal waiting to strike.

Like I said, if they really want to move him I'd prefer they be patient and wait a year or two for someone to knock their socks off.

Edited by soxforlife05