World Series: Indians vs. Cubs

LittleHurt05

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 31, 2016 -> 03:47 AM)
Go Cubs Go might be the most annoying song ever.

It's stupidly catchy and I hate what it's trying to say.

It's a horrific song. I want to know who created it? Eddie Vetter?? It's just awful. However I can see how if it's YOUR TEAM you might love the song. I get it in that regard, but if you are not a Cub fan, my gosh it is sickening to hear.

QUOTE (Green Line @ Oct 31, 2016 -> 03:48 AM)
Cubs fans are literally shooting off fireworks in my neighborhood. God help us, this franchise is a joke.

I know what you are saying but this is the World Series. This is what Cub fans are thinking about every minute of every day. I don't blame them. They are the favorites and if they finally have their s*** together, they'll still win it. I mean the World Series is a big deal and their team is still alive. I can see celebrating.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 30, 2016 -> 11:06 PM)
It's a horrific song. I want to know who created it? Eddie Vetter?? It's just awful. However I can see how if it's YOUR TEAM you might love the song. I get it in that regard, but if you are not a Cub fan, my gosh it is sickening to hear.

I know what you are saying but this is the World Series. This is what Cub fans are thinking about every minute of every day. I don't blame them. They are the favorites and if they finally have their s*** together, they'll still win it. I mean the World Series is a big deal and their team is still alive. I can see celebrating.

Cleveland gets no respect. Cubs cubs cubs is all I hear.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Oct 31, 2016 -> 12:12 AM)
If I never again hear that Cubs "go" song - my life will be 1,000,000,000,000,000 times better.

The song doesn't even make sense - "hey Chicago what do you say the Cubs are going to win today." Didn't they already win when the song was sung and the entire city is t for the Northsiders.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Oct 31, 2016 -> 12:12 AM)
If I never again hear that Cubs "go" song - my life will be 1,000,000,000,000,000 times better.

QUOTE (SpankyEaton @ Oct 31, 2016 -> 06:36 AM)
The song doesn't even make sense - "hey Chicago what do you say the Cubs are going to win today." Didn't they already win when the song was sung and the entire city is t for the Northsiders.

It always baffles me when I remember that Steve Goodman, who was an incredibly talented songwriter, wrote that song. How can someone write something as good as "City of New Orleans" and something as bad as "Go Cubs Go"?