World Series: Indians vs. Cubs

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 04:13 PM)
Since HR send out a broadcast message about wearing cub gear Thursday for the victory tonight. Should i wear my 2005 Sox stuff if the cubs lose? Or is that too much? haha

My 9-year-old son insisted on wearing his Konerko jersey and Sox hat for his school's "Cub day." It was one of my prouder moments as a father.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shipps @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 04:01 PM)
Is the world going to be different if the Cubs win?

It seems like it would somehow have a snowball effect in other aspects of my life. Like, I will no longer be able to order my coffee served hot or we will have to drive on the left side of the road or something. These arent possibilities are they?

That is thing at the end of the day NOTHING in your life changes becasue of this. Unless you are paid by the Chicago cubs or own an establishment that benefits, a week from today your s***ty life will still be s***ty...you will just own a few new shirts.

Felt good getting complimented by a coworker earlier today for wearing my white on black early 80's style Sox cap. Surprised anyone cared about the Sox out here in the PNW but it turns out the guy is originally from Gary and a lifelong Sox fan. We wound up chatting about the Sox for a good 10 minutes and like me, he is rooting for Cleveland tonight. :)

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 05:24 PM)
I cannot wait to leave work. Bandwagon boy is in the HR office saying Kluber sucks and Kershaw is better. Sammy Sosa's name came up also.
really sorry man if kluber suck how is able t domiate the cubs twice already and today should be no excpection

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 05:33 PM)
Just went to the local Jewel, it was packed and everybody had booze in their cart like it was New Years. And wearing blue.

Kinda weird when everybody is so geek ed out about an event and you are just like meh, whatever.

Exactly. Although if the Indians win, it could be a late night.

Imagine if the strikezone prescribed by the rules actually existed outside of a rule book.

1996 - The Strike Zone is expanded on the lower end, moving from the top of the knees to the bottom of the knees.

1988 - "The Strike Zone is that area over home plate the upper limit of which is a horizontal line at the midpoint between the top of the shoulders and the top of the uniform pants, and the lower level is a line at the top of the knees. The Strike Zone shall be determined from the batter's stance as the batter is prepared to swing at a pitched ball."

Edited by southsideirish71