2018 MLB Draft

Boopa1219

3 minutes ago, flavum said:

The goofy practice swing after every pitch is a tad annoying. Gotta knock though.

I’m resigned to the Sox taking Singer. It’ll be alright.

I'm already preparing my updating Madrigal thread if we fail to take him (obviously not if he's selected 1-3)...

Just to nip the idea that KW doesn’t want to take Madrigal because of Anderson & Moncada:

“Doesn’t play into it at all,” White Sox scouting director Nick Hostetler told Chuck Garfien and Ryan McGuffey on a recent White Sox Talk Podcast. “We don’t talk about it. It’s not an issue for us. It’s not anything we’ve even discussed.

“It really, truly has not come up one time in discussing anything with Rick (Hahn) or Jeremy (Haber) or Kenny (Williams) or (Chris Getz) about who we have in the big leagues, who we have in the minor leagues. It means absolutely nothing when we’re drafting in the first round with that first pick because we’ve got to get it right, we’ve got to take the best player.”

8 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I think the Phils are more likely to take Singer than Madrigal.

They took Nola, but it was with a later pick in a draft that didn't have the college hitters that this one has.  Nola also had higher scout ratings than Singer.

But I hope you are correct.  Drafting Singer doesn't make any sense on any level to me, and calling him best player available would really stretch credulity. But they drafted a ceiling reliever with #27  or so, so this would be nothing new.  Quick to the majors rules.

Edited by GreenSox

5 minutes ago, flavum said:

First 43 picks are on MLB Network and mlb.com at 6pm.

Picks 44-78 on mlb.com

Tues at noon: Rounds 3-10, mlb.com

Wed at 11am: Rounds 11-40, mlb.com

What could MLB Network be showing tomorrow that’s more interesting than the second round of the draft?

Edited by Chicago White Sox

3 hours ago, GenericUserName said:

Now watching MLB network and once again the things they talk about are that he is competitive and that he wins games at Florida. I feel like he is benefiting from Puk and Faedo falling and doing well and now there is an over-correction. 

School pedigree and name recognition is carrying Singer at the moment.