Eaton to Nats/Giolito, Lopez, Dunning to Sox

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 06:34 PM)
You've won me over. This really is the dumbest organization in baseball. Only the White Sox could lack position players, and then trade their best chips for pitching. We need to fire everyone up top and start over.

Lol - your reaction to all of this is very surprising, given the efforts you've undergone in the past few years to put lipstick on the pigs that were the '13, '14, '15, and '16 seasons.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 05:34 PM)
You've won me over. This really is the dumbest organization in baseball. Only the White Sox could lack position players, and then trade their best chips for pitching. We need to fire everyone up top and start over.

Two of the top three pieces in the Boston trade are position players. And after moving Sale, the Sox pitching surplus went down as well.

I continue to be baffled by your position here.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 04:04 PM)
Q to the Astros for a slew of young hitters is the logical final move...the Dodgers seem to be closed off as an avenue.

I can see the Astros and Rox being in play for Quintana or a mega Quintana and Abreu package both have the farms and needs.

You're literally the only person in America who doesn't think the white sox dominated the last two days. What does that tell you? Glad you're not running the sox.

The sox just got an absolute haul for eaton. When you get that haul you take it. Pitching or positional players. And you do the same thing with Quintana and everyone else. Take the best offer and worry about positions later.

QUOTE (beautox @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 05:38 PM)
I can see the Astros and Rox being in play for Quintana or a mega Quintana and Abreu package both have the farms and needs.

Would love Rodgers from the Rockies. But I think the ultimate prize is Bregman. I wonder if Abreu and Quintana could get that done.

I honestly don't know if the Astros can get Quintana if they don't give up Bregman. Tucker and Martes are good prospects, but with what we just got for Eaton, that seems like a lowball offer. I think the compromise is that we package Frazier/Abreu in there to sweeten the pot. They need a bat at a corner position.

I would love to see us get Bregman + Tucker as the main pieces in a Quintana + Abreu/Frazier trade.

Edited by chw42

A rotation of:

1. Rodon

2. Giolito

3. Lopez

4. Kopech

5. Dunning/Adams/Hansen/Fulmer

The White Sox have never had a rotation with that much potential. Ever. Obviously not all these guys will reach that potential, but you can't tell me you don't find that at least a little bit intriguing. There are still plenty of pieces they can move for hitters. Give it time and judge the offseason when pitchers and catchers report next year. Hahn isn't done yet.

QUOTE (Tony @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 03:24 PM)
For Mike:

@BNightengale 30s31 seconds ago

The #WhiteSox kept asking for #RedSox 3B Rafael Dever in Chris Sale trade, but the RedSox refused. Compromise: Victor Diaz and Luis Basabe.

Clearly telling Boston the Nats are giving me their #1/2/3/6...Boston smart enough not to budge.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 05:42 PM)
My sentiments exactly. Sale trade was a 7/10 to me, this is a 10/10.

With how much Kopech's stock has risen in just the past few months, I think the Sale trade's probably a 8/10.

Had we gotten Devers instead of Basabe, I'd rate it a easy 9.

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 05:40 PM)
A rotation of:

1. Rodon

2. Giolito

3. Lopez

4. Kopech

5. Dunning/Adams/Hansen/Fulmer

The White Sox have never had a rotation with that much potential. Ever. Obviously not all these guys will reach that potential, but you can't tell me you don't find that at least a little bit intriguing. There are still plenty of pieces they can move for hitters. Give it time and judge the offseason when pitchers and catchers report next year. Hahn isn't done yet.

Hell, judge them in 2018 when they'll have the earliest possible chance at competing.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 05:36 PM)
Lol - your reaction to all of this is very surprising, given the efforts you've undergone in the past few years to put lipstick on the pigs that were the '13, '14, '15, and '16 seasons.

I have said for months that if you went this direction you had to do it right, and build your position players. In the two biggest deals of the off season, they have probably came out even. It is a huge failure so far.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 05:45 PM)
I have said for months that if you went this direction you had to do it right, and build your position players. In the two biggest deals of the off season, they have probably came out even. It is a huge failure so far.

For the 4th time, there are more trades to be executed. Be patient. Q to Houston for bats could happen very soon.