Twins @ White Sox- 4/7/17

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 10:11 PM)
May has shown no baseball IQ at all. He's so far away from being a big leaguer

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 10:11 PM)
He just walked two straight, why are you swinging at the first pitch!??!

Godspeed, Tilson

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 8, 2017 -> 04:08 AM)
Avi is an ok hitter but a terrible baseball player. His defense is embarrassing.

True. He's gonna probably be like Tank and be out of ball soon. May can't hit BTW. I would prefer Ashe and May get jettisoned to the DFA list. And bless Soto for the 2 homers but he blows. Narvaez also is a minor leaguer at best. Team on track for my prediction of 60-65 wins

Even though it doesn't matter White Sox defense has been brutal in the early part of the season. The biggest culprits have been A. Garcia and Abreu.

Jose is a DH period, if he doesn't like it that's to damn bad.

And Garcia needs to be released, tanking or not...the guy simply is baseball-stupid mentally and can't play the field to save his soul.

And the situation approach to hitting has been just as bad, no change from Ventura to Renteria which says a lot of this is on the players themselves. They just don't or can't figure it out.

Mark

Edited by Lip Man 1

I would like to have seen Jacob May take a pitch after two guys walked. Instead he weakly grounds out on the first pitch.

I think Leury Garcia has to start in Center. I'm not sure May is ready for major league pitching. Perhaps Matt Davidson would have given the Sox a better shot in that situation or a Delmonico, if he was on the roster. May had no chance.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 11:26 PM)
I would like to have seen Jacob May take a pitch after two guys walked. Instead he weakly grounds out on the first pitch.

I think Leury Garcia has to start in Center. I'm not sure May is ready for major league pitching. Perhaps Matt Davidson would have given the Sox a better shot in that situation or a Delmonico, if he was on the roster. May had no chance.

Realizing that Leury, Davidson, Delmonico and May are all AAA calibre players.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 09:30 PM)
Realizing that Leury, Davidson, Delmonico and May are all AAA calibre players.

The jury's still far from out on Delmonico. Hayes, for that matter.

That said, if he can't stick at 3rd, his chances go down quite a bit.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 10:43 PM)
The jury's still far from out on Delmonico. Hayes, for that matter.

That said, if he can't stick at 3rd, his chances go down quite a bit.

Davidson as well. Each of these guys should be given an honest look. And why not? What else is there to do this season?

Give Asche more pointless at bats?

Drool over Todd Frazier?

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Apr 8, 2017 -> 03:26 AM)

Taking a pitch or two from a hurler having a hard time finding the strike zone would have been the right thing to do in that situation. But, an aggressive first pitch swing is what you get from a youngster in a rebuilding period

Basically, if the player doesn't have the capability of putting up at least a 2.5-3.0 war at any key position...or slots as a 750-775 or lower 1B/DH/LF, he's just filling filling roster space, suppressing the winning percentage for draft positioning and/or buying time for Moncada and Collins.

So that only leaves you Anderson, Abreu (since they can't or won't trade him) and possibly Saladino...with the two already mentioned.

You sign Robert, you've got 5-6 useful pieces (three dynamic athletes and Saladino a step behind) and aren't that far off from being a very competitive team in 2019, if not the second half of 2018. But it obviously depends just as much on the young pitching and Rodon.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 10:52 PM)
Moncada would look awful nice in CF. 7 for 11 to start the year in AAA

He had just 177 at-bats in AA last year.

No matter what he's hitting, he won't be up any earlier than the end of May. Saladino shifts to 3rd when Frazier is gone, or potentially becomes a supersub if they think Delmonico should the starter there.

Sanchez and Leury move on to greener pastures. Leury might actually stay for awhile simply because he can also play the outfield and has better speed.

Moncada won't be moved off the infield unless his defense forces a change. All reports say the raw tools are there with repetition and experience. Remember, he played mostly 3rd last year.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Apr 8, 2017 -> 12:52 AM)
Moncada would look awful nice in CF. 7 for 11 to start the year in AAA

The 7 for 11 is great especially since he has never played at that level. But he needs time at one position and the FO feel that is 2nd. I know he also stole at least 1 base