How do you rate the rebuild so far?

caulfield12

Give your score  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Rank the effort so far, as it stands today

On 7/25/2017 at 1:41 PM, steveno89 said:
QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 25, 2017 -> 01:15 PM)
I dunno about that...the trading was fun and all, but now we actually get to watch these kids develop. I, for one, have been following the affiliates games, as well as excited more than ever to watch guys like Yoan, Lopez and Giolito begin their White Sox careers. Then will come some of those things you mentioned, which, IMO, will be fun as well.

The great thing about our rebuild is that we didn't have to just all-out suck AND have no real assets to watch develop like the Astros did for awhile.

We're pretty lucky.

Strongly advise all Sox fans to download MILB First Pitch app as you can quickly and easily follow our systems minor league games. I've been using it to follow the box scores of our prospects each game.

Now it really is about player development as we look to guide our young talent through the system. We have to remember that growing pains and struggles are going to happen. Major trades are likely over, unless they get a great offer for Abreu/Avi, so it will be upto Hahn and Co. to do well in minor trades/rule V draft/2018 and 2019 drafts, free agency etc.

He said “lucky”.

On 7/26/2017 at 7:07 PM, JPR said:

I give it a 10

Out of 10

And there's not a single

Trade where I think Hahn didn't make out well. Rutherford is top 5 in the best farm system in baseball and we got him for 2 relievers and a guy who can't hit his weight. That's according to MLB.com. Slam dunk! Boom shakalaka NBA Jam style!!!! We totally owned the nationals and potentially the bosox and yankmees as well. Quintana is awesome but Eloy is a monster and is gonna bat clean up like the big hurt did. He's totally like an Albert Belle. When it's all said and done we are gonna have 3-5 All Stars on this roster in 2020. We have 12 prospects, maybe more, that look like gold. Let us say every 2 out of 3 fail! We still got 4 All Stars. Game on! Mighty ducks style. Can't wait to see who we draft. Obviously, it's going to be Beer.

Wow

1 hour ago, WBWSF said:

The rebuild has had mixed results. The team got into the playoffs two years in a row for the first time in their history. Unfortunately they haven't won a playoff series during this rebuild. Hopefully, 2024 will put the team back into the playoffs.

One of the years was an extended spring training season. They would have missed the postseason if not for expanded berths in that fake season.

Colossol failure is more like it.  They were in the postseason in one real season in the worst division in all of baseball.  By a wide margin.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

You can’t even count 2020.  Expanded berths in a fake season with no fans.

They were exposed in 2021.

Yeah, if they play a full 162, I don't think they make it in 2020. But technically if they didn't expand the playoff that year, they would have been the second wild card team and still would have made it in. They were just a lower seed because they were a 3rd place team. Twins were division winner and Guardians would have been the first wild card team. They had a better record than the 2nd place ALE and ALW teams.

Edit: but like I said, if they play a normal full year and play other teams outside of the division and NLC, they probably don't make it anyway.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WBWSF said:

The rebuild has had mixed results. The team got into the playoffs two years in a row for the first time in their history. Unfortunately they haven't won a playoff series during this rebuild. Hopefully, 2024 will put the team back into the playoffs.

With a reduced payroll and more holes than swiss cheese these guys may have to rely on luck to win 70 games. 

• Like 1

These votes aren't valid to the number of negative comments over the last two years regarding Rick Hahn and his rebuild failures. 21 people think the rebuild is a 10, which means they are giving the rebuild an A grade and calling it super successful! Ok that isn't too delusional and and full of bullsh*t. 

Will someone please show me 21 separate SoxTalk members who wrote glowing posts this past year about the successes of Rick Hahn's rebuild. 

2 hours ago, WBWSF said:

jerry-reinsdorf-white-sox.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

He said “lucky”.

The Astros and White Sox couldn't be more opposites in terms of results/accountability.

The great thing about our rebuild is that we didn't have to just all-out suck AND have no real assets to watch develop like the Astros did for awhile.

We're pretty lucky.

5 hours ago, WBWSF said:

Found Hahns Soxtalk account

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Ha ha—people six years ago didn’t predict the bad things that would happen multiple years into the future.  Luckily I did, as I’m super smart (I just didn’t write it down or tell anybody)

Actually it’s there for you to see if you like.  Right here on these pages.  I don’t have that many posts so it should be easy.  I was attacked as being a Cubs fan, bitter, all of it.  Take a look.

21 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Reading some of these are funny. White Sox fans and prospects are like Bears fans and back up QBs. They are almost all awesome until they actually have to play for the team.

Or scouting/rating websites for college basketball and football...

When you reflect back on all the hype surrounding Lenyn Sosa, Colas this year or Micker Adolfo in spring training when so many were fretting about losing him because he was Merkinized as a future stud (potentially!!!).

17 hours ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

Actually it’s there for you to see if you like.  Right here on these pages.  I don’t have that many posts so it should be easy.  I was attacked as being a Cubs fan, bitter, all of it.  Take a look.

I'm not gonna read all that, thanks.  But you said what exactly? You're in here in 2023 dunking on people for saying they liked the direction of the rebuild *in 2017.*  What exactly did you say in 2017 that was so prescient?  Did you predict the TLR debacle?  The parade of injuries in 2020-2022?  The disastrous relief pitcher trades and signings?  What was it?

And by the way, being generally pessimistic, and popping up and suggesting "bad things will happen" in general from time to time, is not exactly a bold take.  It's the classic fan hedge, the conventional wisdom of this and every fan message board, and guaranteed to be "right" at some point in the future. 

The 2016 rebuild is officially over!! There is no more window of championship contention. Btw, when you go check successful rebuilds of teams that did a complete teardown...they never took more 8 years before they won a World Series. Next year will be year 8 in the infamous Sox rebuild. Plus trading off major players like they are doing right now, constitutes the rebuild is over. There will be no talking to Hahn at the parade. In fact, if there is a parade ever again, it will be with a new owner and/or GM.

With all these trades right now the only thing the Sox are doing is a mini version of rebuild 2.0 or a mini retooling! 

Going forward is all about waiting for the dust to settle and see if the person behind the initial trainwreck rebuild, will be here next year to continue his further destruction and setbacks to this organization.

• Fire 1