7/4 at Oakland A's

flavum

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 4, 2017 -> 06:17 PM)
That attempt from Melky was hilarious.

Game.. not blouses.

watch the replay there was no way he was catching it.. even with LeBron hops...

Why they didn't appeal on the swing before is befuddling to me... sanchez struck out on the same swing.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 5, 2017 -> 12:22 AM)
Yeah, Kanhle's FB was definitely 1-2 mph slower...were fouling it off rather than swinging through it.

Seemed a bit tired, like he was muscling them up to the plate.

Not a good pitch on 3-2 either. He was gearing up for fastball whole AB

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Jul 4, 2017 -> 06:20 PM)
I will be very disappointed if he's still on the team a month from now.

The FO has plenty of other fish to fry: Melky, Frazier, Swarzak - all on contract years; Robertson (who really needs to be moved this month) and Q. And then Kahnle and about anyone else some team's interested in.

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Jul 4, 2017 -> 11:23 PM)
I definitely think someone in the Sox FO should tell Ricky to ease off Kahnle and Swarzak until after the trade deadline.

But. Kahnle is supposed to be closer material

He's been pretty unlucky recently, his FIP until today was dropping still despite the ERA spike. Was the victim of some duck snorts and infield hits the last few times.

More worried about velocity drop but hopefully just a small fluctuation. He'll be fine unless he starts walking people.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jul 4, 2017 -> 06:58 PM)
In the end this game came down to Shields being Shields.

pretty much. Bagging on Kahnle for the loss is ridiculous...but not surprising. lol...disappointed is the last thing I'll be if Kahnle is still on this team even going into next year.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 4, 2017 -> 07:56 PM)
pretty much. Bagging on Kahnle for the loss is ridiculous...but not surprising. lol...disappointed is the last thing I'll be if Kahnle is still on this team even going into next year.

Kahnle being so good is exactly why I want him to be traded. Always sell high on relievers if you're a non contending team.

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Jul 4, 2017 -> 07:58 PM)
Kahnle being so good is exactly why I want him to be traded. Always sell high on relievers if you're a non contending team.

I get that...but you can't be assured of what the return ends up being. Kahnle is still young. I'm not down with trading guys like Kahnle just for the sake of being able to trade him or his "value" to some other team. Of course it all hinges on what the return is....

Kanhle's value has dipped from our perception of peak...so unless they're 100% sold on Burdi and Jones making it back, feel like they're going to roll the dice and hold onto without an overpay (which invariably goes to the veteran/experienced guy in these situations.)

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 4, 2017 -> 07:31 PM)
Just DFA Shields for gosh sakes. He's done.

Agree. He's beyond worthless.

As far as Kahnle, there is a lot of overreaction here. Yes, he should not have grooved a 3-2 pitch with bases empty, but it is part of the learning process for him and the catcher who called that....and maybe for Renteria. Throw something for an aggressive hitter to chase or let him walk.