Shohei Otani is likely coming to the USA

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say I've ever been asked if I'm a white sox fan outright when I tell people I'm from chicago. Plenty of Cubs referrals though. I'm surprised there was so much pushback to that comment. White Sox fans themselves thought it to be true for years.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

Of course the white sox are a forgetful team.. espn, ESP freaking N forgot that we even ever won a championship. THE WORLDWIDE LEADER IN SPORTS forgot that... Not one worker thought of us and brought it up.. It was embarrassing and it shows what people outside of the fan base think of us.. Oh well. I love us so that's all that matters

QUOTE (cjgalloway @ Dec 2, 2017 -> 11:15 PM)
Of course the white sox are a forgetful team.. espn, ESP freaking N forgot that we even ever won a championship. THE WORLDWIDE LEADER IN SPORTS forgot that... Not one worker thought of us and brought it up.. It was embarrassing and it shows what people outside of the fan base think of us.. Oh well. I love us so that's all that matters

You're right that they forgot us, but they're also a joke of a company. They appeal to the lowest common denominator, only cover Lonzo Ball, etc. There's unfortunately no real alternative to them at the moment, as FS1 isn't very polished, but their forgetting of us isn't that big of a deal in this context.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 4, 2017 -> 12:15 AM)
Jon Heyman‏Verified account

@JonHeyman

haven't heard yanks are officially out, but ohtani is telling teams he prefers a smaller market. which could bode well for twins, mariners, padres, pirates, etc.

Well I hope Hahn included our attendance and TV ratings in the questionnaire

Bryan Hoch‏Verified account

@BryanHoch

Cashman said that Ohtani’s reps told him they were very impressed with team’s presentation, but no matter how good it was, the Yankees couldn’t make themselves West Coast or a smaller market.

"Or a smaller market"... not "and"... maybe we're still in it?

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 3, 2017 -> 05:21 PM)
"Or a smaller market"... not "and"... maybe we're still in it?

Chicago, even though it is essentially for the White Sox, is neither a smaller market or west coast. What I don't understand is why , if some teams were not going to be considered, would they send a note to each team to make a presentation. I am starting to not like his representation.