2017-2018 MLB player movement rumors and reports

southsider2k5

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ken Rosenthal‏Verified account @Ken_Rosenthal 9h9 hours ago Per sources and reports, delay on Darvish seems to be stemming from number of factors: Efforts of #Yankees and #Dodgers to clear salary; entrance of new teams such as #Brewers into bidding; Darvish’s agents waiting to get their price. @RobertMurrayFRS, @McCulloughTimes on it.

Jon Morosi‏Verified account @jonmorosi 24m24 minutes ago Eric Hosmer’s camp has continued pushing for a contract of more than 7 years, source says. [He is a young free agent at age 28.] The #Royals’ need to re-sign him (and capacity to pay him) increased with this week’s Brandon Moss trade. @MLBNetwork @MLB

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 31, 2018 -> 03:21 PM)
Jon Morosi‏Verified account @jonmorosi 24m24 minutes ago Eric Hosmer’s camp has continued pushing for a contract of more than 7 years, source says. [He is a young free agent at age 28.] The #Royals’ need to re-sign him (and capacity to pay him) increased with this week’s Brandon Moss trade. @MLBNetwork @MLB

Lol...please sign Hosmer to a 7+ year deal Royals. That would be f***ing sweet as hell for us.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 31, 2018 -> 03:55 PM)
Lol...please sign Hosmer to a 7+ year deal Royals. That would be f***ing sweet as hell for us.

I wonder how KC feels about Hosmer? If only we had some inside info on the views of how a "potential" deal will be viewed by the baseball world/KC sports radio/Royals fans.......

Edited by Sleepy Harold

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 31, 2018 -> 04:24 PM)
The idea that the Royals would have been okay with Brandon Moss instead of Hosmer is actually pretty damning there, Morosi.

The absence of Brandon Moss does not create urgency to do anything. Why don't the Royals just sign Duda if they want to fake compete?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 1, 2018 -> 09:56 AM)
MLB Network‏Verified account @MLBNetwork 13m13 minutes ago Our @Ken_Rosenthal is reporting the #Brewers have had recent contact with the #Rays regarding a possible deal for Chris Archer. #MLBNHotStove

cubs have to then certainly sign Darvish or Arrieta or maybe this is ploy to get one of them to sign with the Brewers

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 1, 2018 -> 10:37 AM)
I know there are a ton of moving parts out there, but I would love to see the Cubs gets screwed by waiting so late into this off season to do something about their starters.

They'll definitely add someone. If Arrieta and Darvish go elsewhere, they'll either grab Cobb or Lynn.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 1, 2018 -> 10:37 AM)
I know there are a ton of moving parts out there, but I would love to see the Cubs gets screwed by waiting so late into this off season to do something about their starters.

Sounds like the same exact thing we heard about Houston for months and months last year...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 1, 2018 -> 11:37 AM)

Hard to see that happening. Heck the only guy we signed we probably overpaid by quite a bit signing him early.

Take at the Avila signing what did he get? 8 milllion over 2. What did we pay Castillo 15.5 million over 2?

Edited by wrathofhahn

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 1, 2018 -> 09:54 AM)

Watched his friends and ex teammates win a World Series without him and might be considered the biggest bust of all time. I feel for him, but that article I just read makes me feel better that the guy has his head on straight.

QUOTE (wrathofhahn @ Feb 1, 2018 -> 11:02 AM)
Hard to see that happening. Heck the only guy we signed we probably overpaid by quite a bit signing him early.

Take at the Avila signing what did he get? 8 milllion over 2. What did we pay Castillo 15.5 million over 2?

Eh, if Avila is healthy its a great deal. But Avila has had a lot of difficulty staying on the field compared to Castillo, who is a consistent 110 game a season guy (and also slightly younger).

The market just doesn't seem likely to bite at 1 season sample sizes unless the guy is 25-26.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 1, 2018 -> 11:59 AM)
Sounds like the same exact thing we heard about Houston for months and months last year...

They were so close to being screwed by that decision that people don't realize how lucky they got that Verlander turned up available after the waiver wire deadline. If he'd simply used his 10-5 rights, Houston would not have won the world series.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 1, 2018 -> 11:41 AM)
They were so close to being screwed by that decision that people don't realize how lucky they got that Verlander turned up available after the waiver wire deadline. If he'd simply used his 10-5 rights, Houston would not have won the world series.

And they can still be screwed if the 2014 Verlander, or worse, shows back up.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 1, 2018 -> 12:07 PM)
And they can still be screwed if the 2014 Verlander, or worse, shows back up.

They could then still use a Kyle Tucker or the best pitching prospect in baseball to get an upgrade. ZIPS has them with 52 WAR. They have some cushion.

For all of the verlander aww man what if they didn't get him or if he was bad, they could also have gotten Darvish and been worse, and Verlander has talked about how all of the information they provided him made him better.

If you read only soxtalk you'd think the astros fell ass backwards into a world series title.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 1, 2018 -> 01:20 PM)
They could then still use a Kyle Tucker or the best pitching prospect in baseball to get an upgrade. ZIPS has them with 52 WAR. They have some cushion.

For all of the verlander aww man what if they didn't get him or if he was bad, they could also have gotten Darvish and been worse, and Verlander has talked about how all of the information they provided him made him better.

If you read only soxtalk you'd think the astros fell ass backwards into a world series title.

Seeing the chatter around here lately, it would appear that Soxtalk in general thinks winning a World Series is pretty easy TBH.