Trade Deadline

WBWSF

13 minutes ago, GGajewski18 said:

This is pointless and stupid.  Please post something relevant.  

Fact. Nobody is dumb enough to trade 3 prospects when their values are at low point. Just bringing the discussion into the gutter on purpose.

4 hours ago, GGajewski18 said:

Who will go:

Soria, Avilan, Shields, Cedeno

Who might go:

Leury, Abreu, Avi, Jones

Have a feeling Shields stays and retires here

Maybe Soria can get a little value but Avilan and Cedeno net next to nothing

I think the bottom 4 all stay

Prepared for a boring deadline

43 minutes ago, BlackSox13 said:

I can see Milwaukee having serious interest in Yolmer. 

I'm totally ok with sending Yolmer to a contender, but some team is going to have to pay decently for him because he was a 2 WAR player last year and is on pace for a 3 WAR player this year. For a guy with 3 more arbitration seasons remaining, that's not cheap. A 2-3 WAR player with 3 more arbitration years, we're talking like a top 75 prospect as the main return, maybe better. 

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

I'm totally ok with sending Yolmer to a contender, but some team is going to have to pay decently for him because he was a 2 WAR player last year and is on pace for a 3 WAR player this year. For a guy with 3 more arbitration seasons remaining, that's not cheap. A 2-3 WAR player with 3 more arbitration years, we're talking like a top 75 prospect as the main return, maybe better. 

I would really hate to see Yolmer traded but if a team makes an offer headlined by a top 75 prospect it would be hard for me to argue against it. And I consider myself to be a pretty big fan of Yolmer.

• Haha 1

Just now, BlackSox13 said:

I would really hate to see Yolmer traded but if a team makes an offer headlined by a top 75 prospect it would be hard for me to argue against it. And I consider myself to be a pretty big fan of Yolmer.

I don't think anyone would honestly offer that for him, but that's the price for his arb status and current performance. If no one offers that, yay he's here more years. No downside. 

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

I don't think anyone would honestly offer that for him, but that's the price for his arb status and current performance. If no one offers that, yay he's here more years. No downside. 

We need Yolmay to teach Moancada and Anderson how to play ball. 

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I can confidently say those are the three worst consecutive posts from a single poster in Soxtalk history.  Can’t tell if the poster is high on meth or just really struggling to be funny.  Either way, this type of garbage is ruining the overall quality of the board.

In all the years Viciedo was here, no one ever called him Diane.  That made me laugh!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I can confidently say those are the three worst consecutive posts from a single poster in Soxtalk history.  Can’t tell if the poster is high on meth or just really struggling to be funny.  Either way, this type of garbage is ruining the overall quality of the board.

Hey got 6 reputation points out of those. Gotta give him that

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Hot FiRe said:

It was the same way with the cubs rebuild. The dumb meatball fans who thoroughly oppose the rebuild will keep whining during the rebuild and then jump in the bandwagon when the team is good. 

You also have to hit with your prospects.  It would be great if they got that rare impact player like Frank Thomas or Mike Trout.  Plus they seem to fear sending a guy back down if they aren't cutting it.  It's hard to be all ga-ga over a rebuild when you see the same inconsistencies in this organization. There is no shortage of baseball dumb in this organization. Baseball fundamentals should be innate instead of they aint.

Edited by kitekrazy
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Hot FiRe said:

It was the same way with the cubs rebuild. The dumb meatball fans who thoroughly oppose the rebuild will keep whining during the rebuild and then jump in the bandwagon when the team is good. 

Houston went through the exact same thing with their fanbase. That's a team that picked first three years in a row if I remember correctly. LMFAO, look at that team now!

12 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

A 2-3 WAR player with 3 more arbitration years, we're talking like a top 75 prospect as the main return, maybe better. 

Who, if we're lucky, will develop into another Yolmer.  At some point, they have to start building the team up.  
And hope never to hear again the importance of Abreu's great leadership...move him.

Edited by GreenSox

18 hours ago, Dam8610 said:

Jon Garland (or "Judy" as he was known here) certainly had his critics on this board. I don't remember or know of anyone who disliked Dye.

His RF defense was panned his last couple of years, and when he was signed, he started off slow and was Jermaine Died. Frank Thomas was slammed on this board. Eventually, if they are around long enough, every player will be hated at some level by at least a few.

Edited by Dick Allen

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

His RF defense was panned his last couple of years, and when he was signed, he started off slow and was Jermaine Died. Frank Thomas was slammed on this board. Eventually, if they are around long enough, every player will be hated at some level by at least a few.

More so when they become managers.

18 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Ventura was very much deserved. Guy had no business managing a MLB club.

I've never seen a White Sox team as well managed as the 2012 White Sox. He took a sub-.500 team and put them into the pennant race. Robin Ventura deserved praise for that.

I've never seen a White Sox team as poorly managed as the 2013 White Sox.

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

I've never seen a White Sox team as well managed as the 2012 White Sox. He took a sub-.500 team and put them into the pennant race. Robin Ventura deserved praise for that.

I've never seen a White Sox team as poorly managed as the 2013 White Sox.

I'll give him credit for 2012, but he was extremely mediocre the next 4 years. That makes me question whether or not he was just lucky his first year. 

17 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Holy crap this is hilarious,spot on CWS 😂

On a more serious note, I'd like to see the Sox attempt to acquire Jon Gray from the Rockies. He has great stuff but it doesn't work in the thin air in CO. Was recently sent to AAA. Maybe in a Bust/Bust deal with Fulmer??? 

Edited by Jack Parkman

9 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

On a more serious note, I'd like to see the Sox attempt to acquire Jon Gray from the Rockies. He has great stuff but it doesn't work in the thin air in CO. Was recently sent to AAA. Maybe in a Bust/Bust deal with Fulmer??? 

You aren’t getting him for Fulmer in any scenario.  And from what I can tell from the 30 seconds I’ve spent looking at his numbers, he’s been more unlucky than anything.  I’d take him straight up for Jose but seriously doubt the Rockies would bite on that.