Trade Deadline

WBWSF

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You aren’t getting him for Fulmer in any scenario.  And from what I can tell from the 30 seconds I’ve spent looking at his numbers, he’s been more unlucky than anything.  I’d take him straight up for Jose but seriously doubt the Rockies would bite on that.

I know that, the Fulmer thing was more wishful thinking than anything, I'd take him straight up for Abreu as well. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I know that, the Fulmer thing was more wishful thinking than anything, I'd take him straight up for Abreu as well. 

Yeah you're going to have to throw in someone like Hansen and more. Gray has a ton of value still, as I believe he has the 5th best metrics in all of baseball 

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

I honestly don't understand why they sent him down. 

Because he's been awful and they still have remote dreams of contending. He actually pitches just as bad away from Coors as he does at Coors. 

Sometimes guys have ace stuff and it just doesn't happen.

Just now, Lip Man 1 said:

A number of bad starts and an ERA of around 5.5 I think.

Yeah, I know that, but he is still striking out the world and not walking a lot of guys, has poor BABIP luck and also pitches his home games in Coors. You have to be a HOF  caliber pitcher to have an ERA under 4 pitching your home games there. 

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yeah, I know that, but he is still striking out the world and not walking a lot of guys, has poor BABIP luck and also pitches his home games in Coors. You have to be a HOF  caliber pitcher to have an ERA under 4 pitching your home games there. 

Oddly enough his home/road splits are pretty close. Don't know what the deal with Gray is but I'd love to have him. Abreu for Gray doesn't sound too bad to me.

Edited by BlackSox13

1 hour ago, steveno89 said:

Soria could get us a decent prospect in retrn at the deadline. He's as good as gone I would imagine. 

Soria looks like a completely different pitcher from the beginning of the year.  Hope they don't just give him away for garbage...but the way he's been throwing I'd expect a decent prospect in return.

On 6/30/2018 at 7:51 AM, WBWSF said:

The trading deadline is coming up. I would like to think the White Sox will be active. I would think that Hahn will try to improve the team if he can. I would like to see the White Sox trade Moncada and Kopech back to Boston for Chris Sale. Does anybody think Boston would make the trade?

Not sure -- send a letter to Jerry and see if he'll try.

2 hours ago, steveno89 said:

Soria could get us a decent prospect in retrn at the deadline. He's as good as gone I would imagine. 

What do you guys consider a decent prospect? Yes he's doing very well. NO he won't bring anything.

On 7/1/2018 at 3:54 PM, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Ventura was very much deserved. Guy had no business managing a MLB club.

Robin had no more experience than Aaron Boone did and so far he seems to have "business managing a MLB club"..........................or managers don't matter, the roster is the key element.  

1 hour ago, BlackSox13 said:

I'd send Greg to the international space station for a Jose Paniagua autograph.

As long as he doesn't get sent to any of the Sputniks or similarly named satellites, he should be ok with it

22 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Robin had no more experience than Aaron Boone did and so far he seems to have "business managing a MLB club"..........................or managers don't matter, the roster is the key element.  

The 2013 White Sox and their theme song in the field seem to disagree.