Soria traded for Kodi Medeiros and Wilber Perez.

Sleepy Harold

9 minutes ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Like who?

Guys like Kevan Smith can be dealt as well

The entire bullpen; Avi, Abreu, Leury, Yolmer, Davidson, Narvaez....I would hesitate in trading any of the latter 4 (because they are still not fully developed and won't get good value in trade), but they will have to make decisions.

Edited by GreenSox

9 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Probably not but another arm to dream on.

It was a joke. There was a thread in early 2006 that was titled "Where's Our Liriano?" During a time when the Twins were bringing up good players from the minors left and right and the Sox were spending 1st round picks on noted bums such as Lance Broadway and Kyle McCulloch. I was hoping some of the board vets such as ChisoxFn, Tony, and SS2k5 would laugh at it. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

There's no 40 man crunch.  Davidson, Palka, and Smith are all DFA or "traded for cash considerations" types.  So is half the bullpen.  The 40 man crunch will happen when the club is good and the prospects have matured, like the Yankees this year.

So what Sox prospects are R5 eligible this year is my question

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

At this point we turned Jake Peter into Avilan, Mederios, and  DSL lottery ticket.  That is really nice work by RH.

Peter, meanwhile, for those who are wondering, is hitting .230/.296/.352 in AAA for the Dodgers in the hitter-friendly PCL. I was a fan of his last year, but no doubt the Sox made out well here.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

At this point we turned Jake Peter into Avilan, Mederios, and  DSL lottery ticket.  That is really nice work by RH.

Medieros' future will very likely be out of the bullpen given his control issues. I like that we added a left handed pitcher with some upside, something out system is not very deep with. 

1 minute ago, Buehrlesque said:

Peter, meanwhile, for those who are wondering, is hitting .230/.296/.352 in AAA for the Dodgers in the hitter-friendly PCL. I was a fan of his last year, but no doubt the Sox made out well here.

And Peter was a senior sign overdraft too.